PDA

View Full Version : Is my AR legal??

ldao4
02-01-2010, 1:34 PM
ive been reading up on the topic but everyone has a different opinion, im a marine so im used to being able to carry anything on my rifle i want but my current configuration is

BCM midlength upper, with a MI rail system, grip-pod, Kaiser defense lower with bullet button, and a magpul CTR stock...

So since ive finally finished my first build, i want to take it to angeles range out here on the outskirts of LA and put some rounds down range, just worried that my evil black rifle could cause some unnecessary attention....

Any advice would be helpful

-Lucas (USMC)

doc1buc
02-01-2010, 1:36 PM
Greetings, check out the AW interactive chart at the top the home page and it will answer all your questions.

"CA AW ID FLOWCHART"

Corbin Dallas
02-01-2010, 1:38 PM
Take off the grip pod before you go.

savasyn
02-01-2010, 1:41 PM
Take off the grip pod before you go.

He has a bullet button, so features aren't an issue. He will, however, need to make sure he only uses 10 round mags.

ke6guj
02-01-2010, 1:43 PM
Take off the grip pod before you go.why would he need to do that?

ldao4
02-01-2010, 1:46 PM
yeah i got 10 round mags, also 30 round USGI issue but im leaving those at home till i get to head out to hte desert, but from looking at the flow chart looks like i do have to take off my grip pod, but personally i think thats ridiculous but i dont make the rules :( and thanks for the responses so quickly!

doc1buc
02-01-2010, 1:48 PM
You are really opening yourself up for some good natured grunt bashing at this time. You stated that you have a bullet button in your post, your rifle no longer has the capacity to accept detachable magazines (i know what argument you are going to post and it is in the definition of "detach"), therfore, you are gtg. Re-read chart, cheers.

ke6guj
02-01-2010, 1:51 PM
yeah i got 10 round mags, also 30 round USGI issue but im leaving those at home till i get to head out to hte desert,
I hope you are talking about a non-CA desert, because it would be illegal to use those 30-round mags in CA with a BB-build, even in the desert.

but from looking at the flow chart looks like i do have to take off my grip pod, but personally i think thats ridiculous but i dont make the rules :( and thanks for the responses so quickly!

you need to re-read the flowchart, it doesn't say that grip pods are prohibted on a BB-build.

ldao4
02-01-2010, 1:57 PM
oh alright then, just new to this CA legal stuff thanks re read the flow chart looks like im good to go, and i was talking about arizona ;)

doc1buc
02-01-2010, 2:00 PM
:smartass:
Spend more time here, you'll be a FUD fighter soon enough. Enjoy your desert plinking in Arizona/Nevada, America is awesome, so I hear.

Sam1
02-01-2010, 2:07 PM
bullet button?
10 round mag?
if so you can tacticool mall ninja your ar anyway you want

ke6guj
02-01-2010, 2:08 PM
oh alright then, just new to this CA legal stuff thanks re read the flow chart looks like im good to go,no problem. Its hard when you think you are right, and you get FUD'ed by people who should know better.

and i was talking about arizona ;)of course you were. Just didn't want anybody else getting the wrong idea :D

AJAX22
02-01-2010, 3:43 PM
You can use your legally-owned 30-round mags in CA if you go featureless. No need to drive all the way to AZ.

http://www.exilemachine.com/tool_banner_ad.jpg

With a bullet button installed there is NO way to use a +10 capacity magazine... even with no features.

Play safe.

sytfu_RR
02-01-2010, 4:10 PM
With a bullet button installed there is NO way to use a +10 capacity magazine... even with no features.

Play safe.

Lowracer was referring to FEATURELESS build ( ie. no pistol grip,flash hider,vfg etc.. ) Thus allowing you to use Pre-Owned/Legally Acquired Regular Capacity magazines; since you don't have any evil features, you wouldn't have a maglock. He never stated that you could use 10+ magazines in a maglocked rifle.

AJAX22
02-01-2010, 4:12 PM
Lowracer was referring to FEATURELESS build ( ie. no pistol grip,flash hider,vfg etc.. ) Thus allowing you to use Pre-Owned/Legally Acquired Regular Capacity magazines; since you don't have any evil features, you wouldn't have a maglock. He never stated that you could use 10+ magazines in a maglocked rifle.

I understand...

I was simply clarifying for the noobs.

sytfu_RR
02-01-2010, 4:13 PM
I understand...

I was simply clarifying for the noobs.

no worries, :cool:

OlderThanDirt
02-01-2010, 4:36 PM
oh alright then, just new to this CA legal stuff thanks re read the flow chart looks like im good to go, and i was talking about arizona ;)

Don't get caught in Arizona with a bullet button. You'll get bound, gagged and dressed up in a pink tutu and then deported to California.

Ron-Solo
02-01-2010, 5:24 PM
QUOTE=OlderThanDirt;3736370]Don't get caught in Arizona with a bullet button. You'll get bound, gagged and dressed up in a pink tutu and then deported to California.[/QUOTE]

:rofl2:[

tenpercentfirearms
02-01-2010, 5:48 PM
Where are people buying these guns without the gun dealer going over these things thoroughly first? It amazes me.

Army
02-01-2010, 7:44 PM
Where are people buying these guns without the gun dealer going over these things thoroughly first? It amazes me.
You mean the dealers that absolutely know that all AR's are illegal, regardless of configuration?

Yeah, good luck there Wes :)

five.five-six
02-01-2010, 7:47 PM
He has a bullet button, so features aren't an issue. He will, however, need to make sure he only uses 10 round mags.

there it is there

sfwdiy
02-01-2010, 8:38 PM
You mean the dealers that absolutely know that all AR's are illegal, regardless of configuration?

Yeah, good luck there Wes :)

Those are probably the same dealers that will happily sell you a stripped lower, then tell you it's illegal to build it. :rolleyes:

--B