PDA

View Full Version : DD Omega or Lite 9"

Game Time
02-01-2010, 1:13 PM
When I'm ready to buy my upper, I'm going to go with a 16" BCM mid-length. I want to put a Daniel Defense rail on it. My question is, is the $80 worth it to go from the Omega to the Lite?

technique
02-01-2010, 2:52 PM
I really like the Lite, thats all I can really say. The bolts a nice.
Both are great!

Blood Ocean
02-01-2010, 2:54 PM
Does the Lite require the proprietary tool to install the barrel nut?

tomd1584
02-01-2010, 3:01 PM
Does the Lite require the proprietary tool to install the barrel nut?

Yes,
it also requires the removal of the FSB (if your midlength comes with it)

I have both. The Omega is a nice one if you dont want to mess with anything. True free float, and drop in.

technique
02-01-2010, 3:01 PM
Yup...

Game Time
02-01-2010, 3:58 PM
If I go with the Lite, I will get it from BCM as they sell it already installed on their upper.

Game Time
02-01-2010, 4:00 PM
Yes,
it also requires the removal of the FSB (if your midlength comes with it)

I have both. The Omega is a nice one if you dont want to mess with anything. True free float, and drop in.

Having both, would you say it's worth the extra $80 or so to get the Lite?

tomd1584
02-01-2010, 4:12 PM
Having both, would you say it's worth the extra $80 or so to get the Lite?

Since you would be getting it all installed by BCM, then yes, i think its worth it.

If you were to be piecing your upper together, then a couple things come into play. Do you have the tools to remove your FSB? is your barrel shorter than 16" with a permanently attached FH? These are all deciding factors.

My 14.7" upper has a FSB and Omega rail. I didnt want to spend the money to have someone remove the FH, remove the FSB, and re-pin the FH. I wish it had more rail length, but this is a really compact, lightweight setup.

my 16" midlength has a gas block with a 10" lite rail.

Just depends what you want and how much $$ you're willing to spend.

-Tom

aplinker
02-01-2010, 5:28 PM
The lite will be lighter... The OMEGA is narrower.

The Lite has the better attachment system.

I've never heard of either going toe up.

fcr
02-01-2010, 9:45 PM
I have both. I like the Lite better. As said, the way it attaches is more better.

Nessal
02-01-2010, 10:24 PM
The lite is really nice. But one thing I HATE about it is that in order to clean the whole barrel, you have to fully disassemble it and align it again. Pain in the butt.

Game Time
02-01-2010, 10:43 PM
Thanks for the input. I think I may go with the Omega X. Best of both worlds. Locks into place with the barrel nut but once installed, it can come apart like the Omega. Since BCM sells this configuration, I won't have to do the install and remove the FSB. Now BCM needs to get them back in stock and I'm good to go. :D

floorance
02-01-2010, 10:55 PM
They are back in stock, been so for the past few days, check this thread http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=258663

Whoops my bad, I thought u were looking for the Omega X 12.0 fsp