View Full Version : What do you guys think of the Olympic Arms K3BM4A3TC AR-15? Good well made AR ? ?

02-01-2010, 8:50 AM
What do you guys think of Olympic Arms as a mark? Here is the run down on the AR.

Let me know what you guys think?

Olympic Arms K3BM4A3TC .

RIFLE COMES WITH CASE, 1 MAG, AND SLING. This rifle is sometimes called the "alphabet gun". The A3-TC variant takes the K3B-M4 and adds a detachable carry handle and FIRSH quad rail free floating handguard. AR-15 Specifications Receiver Material 7075 T6 Aluminum Forged Receivers Machined By Olympic Arms Receiver Finish Black Matte Anodized Receivers, Pakerized Steel Parts Action Gas Operated Semi-automatic Action Upper Type Flat top w/ picatinny rails & detachable carry handle Front Sight Elevation adjustable post w/ bayonet lug Handguard Free floating FIRSH w/ picatinny rails Barrel 16" M4, button rifled, 416 stainless steel Chambering 5.56 NATO Bore Long-life non-chromed bore Twist Rate 1x9 Muzzle A2 flash suppressor Stock M4 fiberite, 6-point collapsible Length 31.75" Weight 6.77 lbs

The receiver on this rifle is marked MFR and is not on the ban list for California!!!!

02-01-2010, 8:53 AM
Well, from the description, the barrel sucks.
Oly has never really had the great of reputation. I know Randall had a few RAWs that were out of spec IIRC.

02-01-2010, 9:02 AM
I'm assuming you are looking for a budget AR. If so, I'd buy this Stag:

rather than this Olympic Arms:

I'd pay the extra $50 for the Stag. Like technique said, Oly Arms doesn't have the best rep. (IMO).

02-01-2010, 12:03 PM
Why not make one yourself? I was on the same boat as you until i started calculating cost to build your own. At least you know how it works/functions and you can save the money you throw away for labor.

Cost for minimum bare ar15: $650 minus sights

You can also take the easy way

LMT Complete lower $400 @ riflegear
LMT Complete upper: $535

So for ~950 you have a solid system.