PDA

View Full Version : How reputable is "Smartgunner.com"?

45R
02-01-2010, 8:48 AM
I ordered a T1 from him last Saturday and have yet to receive anything. Wed morning I emailed him and he said it would ship Thur with email confirmation.

Have yet to receive my package or email with tracking confirmation....doesn't sound too consistent with his "48 hour" shipping policy.

Iggy
02-01-2010, 9:02 AM
I ordered the same thing almost 2 weeks ago. I emailed and still haven't got a reply yet.

I thought they were reputable and I heard good things, but I don't think I'll be ordering from them again.

Iggy
02-01-2010, 9:19 AM
Weird? I just got an email saying that my order shipped. Coincidence?

JPanimal
02-01-2010, 9:59 AM
I ordered a side saddle for my shotgun this past Dec (26). I got a shipped notification on the Jan 6th. I got it on Jan 13. Considering the item was shipping about 100 miles, It definitely did not ship out on the 6th.

About 3 weeks- during the holidays I understand. I e-mailed Tommy a few times and he was always quick to respond and he apologized for the delay- although he did mention that my item (maybe all of his items?) was drop shipped from the manufacturer.

I would order from him again, but not if I needed things in a rush, just my .02

SuperSet
02-01-2010, 10:37 AM
He's a reputable dealer but his eBay listing doesn't reflect what he actually has in stock. You need to call him if email is not getting through.

Iggy
02-01-2010, 10:52 AM
Just as a note. This was my first time buying from them. So my expeience is just this one purchase. If others have bought from him and everything was good I encourage you to chime in.

cheese
02-01-2010, 11:24 AM
I have ordered from him twice and both times my order came fast. He had troy diamond buis in stock and also had the regular ones for 120$.

45R
02-01-2010, 9:10 PM
I think I'll be ordering from LaRue in the future. Saves me the trouble of having the wait.

fcr
02-01-2010, 9:41 PM
I got a deal on my T1 from them about a year or so ago, it was prompt. Only thing I ordered from them.

bobfried
02-01-2010, 9:42 PM
He's a legit dealer, but his stocks are not always on hand so sometimes there is a wait. It's how he can offer such good prices since he does not have to sit on inventory.

I've ordered 2 T-1's from him in the past 3 years, I just ordered another one last week and no it has not ship.

But I did not expect it to, with SHOT show going on everything firearms related will be late. Heck Larue took 6 days to answer an email from me, normally it takes them within the day.

Iggy
02-01-2010, 10:02 PM
^

I agree. I take it back the price is worth the wait. Still has my business!

gyee226
02-01-2010, 10:05 PM
I went through smartgunner's ebay store. I sent him an email before ordering to see if he had it in stock. He responded saying it's in stock and I made the order through ebay (Dec 17). I had to email him a second time after making the purchase on ebay and he shipped it the same day w/ a tracking number (Dec 21). I got it Dec 24th.

He is a legit dealer, I called Aimpoint before ordering too. Their CS mentioned they're an authorized dealer; that made me feel more comfortable before buying.

stag6.8
02-02-2010, 12:03 AM
I purchased an aimpoint ML3 and magnifier, 2 aimpoint killflashes and 2 harris bipods also an american defense b3 quick release acog mount. Tommy is very legit, If anything, He`s one of the top internet dealers.

45R
02-02-2010, 4:53 AM
Alright my brothers, I'll just chalk this one up as out of character for Tommy then. :)