PDA

View Full Version : Possibly the worst Anti gun group in the world!!

IrishPirate
01-31-2010, 6:29 PM
Found this website today....hope all this info isn't a :dupe:

I figured it's best to know your enemy so I decided to post this. These guys are global and are putting serious pressure on the UN (according to their website of course, who knows what's really going on) to ban handguns.

They are the International Action Network on Small Arms (IANSA) (http://www.iansa.org/index.htm)

Don't know how much influence they have in the US, but if they do become big here.......well, let's just hope we get the Second Amendment sorted out before that!

What caught my attention was this video on youtube. I thought it was the coolest slow motion video I've ever seen until the end....which is what got me to check out IANSA
ylvAovoO2kk

this little tid-bit of info from their site caught my attention too:
From 1993-2000, the U.S. was the leading supplier of conventional arms to the developing world, with sales of USD 61.5 billion. In 1999, the U.S. manufactured over four million firearms for domestic sale or export.

More than 300 U.S. companies produce arms and/or ammunition, and the country is estimated to have one of the world’s largest domestic markets for small arms. An estimated 34% of the nation’s 280 million citizens own personal firearms, and there are thought to be over 200 million firearms in private hands.

Seems like their numbers are a bit low to me :D

So if you want to get a laugh, or want to read some serious BS that might make you angry....check out the site.
This is the first I've heard of them but if others already know whether or not they are really a threat.....please let us know!!

So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.

five.five-six
01-31-2010, 6:32 PM
yes, they are a big international group

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/e8/United-nations-peace-sculpture.jpg/350px-United-nations-peace-sculpture.jpg

sammy
01-31-2010, 7:06 PM
Oh, man. I was sure they were going to split that kid's head. Figures they would use a young black male. Racists.

Ducman
01-31-2010, 7:19 PM
Wow, that made me cringe :eek:

huggybear
01-31-2010, 7:26 PM
Oh, man. I was sure they were going to split that kid's head. Figures they would use a young black male. Racists.
for a split second i thought so to, i was like wtf.

toopercentmlk
01-31-2010, 7:29 PM
Am I expendable because I'm not black?

BakerPD
01-31-2010, 7:34 PM
Wow, that made me cringe :eek:

me too :( that was disturbing.

It was an appeal to our emotions

RRangel
01-31-2010, 7:36 PM
Found this website today....hope all this info isn't a :dupe:

I figured it's best to know your enemy so I decided to post this. These guys are global and are putting serious pressure on the UN (according to their website of course, who knows what's really going on) to ban handguns.

They are the International Action Network on Small Arms (IANSA) (http://www.iansa.org/index.htm)

Don't know how much influence they have in the US, but if they do become big here.......well, let's just hope we get the Second Amendment sorted out before that!

What caught my attention was this video on youtube. I thought it was the coolest slow motion video I've ever seen until the end....which is what got me to check out IANSA
ylvAovoO2kk

this little tid-bit of info from their site caught my attention too:

Seems like their numbers are a bit low to me :D

So if you want to get a laugh, or want to read some serious BS that might make you angry....check out the site.
This is the first I've heard of them but if others already know whether or not they are really a threat.....please let us know!!

No commenting allowed on their stupid video. This is what we can expect from an organization with support from third world nation states. They disallow comments just like the Brady Campaign award video with the flagrant disapproval of our freedoms displayed by the LAPD's Charlie Beck.

When they preach the removal of our rights, and anything else that doesn't have public support, they choose to do everything in their power to severely limit the discussion. They all share a commonality with tyrants.

toopercentmlk
01-31-2010, 7:51 PM
My emotions have been appealed.

Peter W Bush
01-31-2010, 8:22 PM

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/e8/United-nations-peace-sculpture.jpg/350px-United-nations-peace-sculpture.jpg

Seriously why would anybody want to depict the destruction of a perfectly good Colt barrel???

Cokebottle
01-31-2010, 8:36 PM
No commenting allowed on their stupid video.
Comments were allowed about a month ago when I first saw it.

There were a few comments "So, how disappointed were you that the n**'s head didn't get blasted?", but for the most part, it was 400 or so post of the typical UK subjects bashing US citizens and blaming all of the world's problems on the US.

pullnshoot25
01-31-2010, 8:53 PM

When I went on my 8th grade DC trip, I was LIVID at seeing this display at the UN building. What a bunch of *** clowns.

Roadrunner
01-31-2010, 8:54 PM
I hate Rebecca Peters. This set of youtube vids points out IANSA's agenda

dmg_zMuQEDk

7WwLz9hBZfM&NR=1

FD1YmYuRtI8&NR=1

JVKvyYqtJ1w&NR=1

wkd4496
01-31-2010, 9:08 PM
ylvAovoO2kk

My high school government teacher showed us this video. I never spoke to him again.

toopercentmlk
01-31-2010, 9:35 PM
I don't mean to thread jack, but "one" not helping the pro2a fight by "hypothetically" being a 100% law abiding, educated, working, model citizen that actively buys and owns firearms and ammunition but doesn't donate time or money, participate in any pro2a org/rally or petition and doesn't worry about any pending bills or laws but will resort to "Get off my porch!" if necessary?

Do we need more of these types of people, or are they not helping?

hollabillz
01-31-2010, 9:43 PM
Same video with comments enabled: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXJX2nXKUdo

Gun Bans are complete BS. Im not even gonna go into it as I have countless times. Fix Americas poverty, drug, gang and general cultural decline. That is what is to blame for almost all gun violence. Look at the real issues that cause this to happen. The gun is here to stay and no matter what you do criminals will get them. You want proof then come and see the UK, we have a virtually complete ban on all guns yet all of our cities are full of gangs and gun murders, more than ever.

MSO4MATT
01-31-2010, 10:34 PM
George Soros bankrolls IANSA and quite a few ballot initiatives in not only the US but particularly California.

He is the 29th richest person in the world and uses his estimated 13 billion net worth to control American politics.

He is the 2A public enemy #1. This is the year to defend the constitution from him. And I don't mean the "living constitution", the real one that the founders wrote!

dantodd
01-31-2010, 11:20 PM
the real one that the founders wrote!

The one the founders wrote, the one the states ratified or the one the people read?

Interestingly it's not only a silly question but a potentially very important one.

PEBKAC
02-01-2010, 8:33 AM
It is amazing the incestuous money webs within UN supported and demi-UN supported organizations...so many anti-rights groups hide a few layers in, largely invisible; the only real consolation here is that at least this one is somewhat visible. :rolleyes:

IrishPirate
02-01-2010, 1:23 PM

what a c*nt! Her arguments are some of the most rediculous I've ever heard. no gun that shoots over 100m? that doesn't even leave black powder! wow..........just,.....wow!

Toopercentmlk: I don't get what you're refering to......

dfletcher
02-01-2010, 2:00 PM

A good question to ask them would be "So, are you perpetuating a stereotype or just capitalizing on an unfortuanate reality?" I mean, if they allowed questions that is. :cool:

six10
02-01-2010, 2:29 PM
George Soros is a crypto-fascist, as are the so-called "far left/liberals". IMO

MasterYong
02-01-2010, 2:40 PM
I don't mean to thread jack, but "one" not helping the pro2a fight by "hypothetically" being a 100% law abiding, educated, working, model citizen that actively buys and owns firearms and ammunition but doesn't donate time or money, participate in any pro2a org/rally or petition and doesn't worry about any pending bills or laws but will resort to "Get off my porch!" if necessary?

Do we need more of these types of people, or are they not helping?

Did you mean to post this in this thread? WTF are you talking about?

FWIW: Folks that purchase firearms, ammo, and accessories even without directly donating to pro 2A causes are still donating by proxy. Most firearms companies donate to pro 2A causes with their customers' money. Supporting the companies supports the 2A.

SJgunguy24
02-01-2010, 5:50 PM
[QUOTE=IrishPirate;3732011]

ylvAovoO2kk

[QUOTE]

That part at the end blows, but that is an excellant display of hydrostatic shock effect.

dantodd
02-01-2010, 7:53 PM
George Soros is a crypto-fascist, as are the so-called "far left/liberals". IMO

If they think they're in anyway cryptic they should switch to ROT13, it would be harder to decrypt.

Anothercoilgun
02-01-2010, 8:34 PM
We are all brothers under the fight for 2A. We all were born from mother liberty. And let me tell you, mom is turning over in her grave.

CCWFacts
02-01-2010, 9:00 PM
I hate Rebecca Peters.

She's really just a bad person, a sort of friendly face who fronts for the most evil dictators you can dredge up in the Third World. She has dedicated her entire career to helping them disarm their own citizens, while ensuring that "legitimate" governments can get access to whatever they need.

George Soros bankrolls IANSA and quite a few ballot initiatives in not only the US but particularly California.

Another truly bad person who wants to create a world of slavery. It's some tragic reaction to his own tragic family history.

The Joyce Foundation is another of these evil groups. On its website it only talks about some mundane local activities but it is active in far more things that are not quite some mild and friendly as what it talks about on its site.

The fact that Obama was on the Joyce Foundation's Board of Directors was all I needed to know to understand him.

Swatguy10_15
02-01-2010, 9:03 PM
:laugh: [QUOTE=IrishPirate;3732011]

ylvAovoO2kk

[QUOTE]

That part at the end blows, but that is an excellant display of hydrostatic shock effect.

Nice choice of people..what int eh world are they implying here??hahahaha geez what a dumb commercial..

SJgunguy24
02-01-2010, 9:16 PM

dmg_zMuQEDk

7WwLz9hBZfM&NR=1

FD1YmYuRtI8&NR=1

JVKvyYqtJ1w&NR=1

This lady has some serious issues. The look she shoots at Wayne when he pulls out that stack of flyers could melt steel.
It's not very hard to see if gun control works, it doesn't, they know it but still bring up the same "the world will be a better place" argument. It's B.S. and they know it.

pitchbaby
02-01-2010, 10:54 PM
That was just plain creepy at the end! How do they get away with putting that crap on TV! If my kid were watching that commercial, he would have nightmares for a week... and he loves to go shooting!

Colt-45
02-01-2010, 11:42 PM
"Well my response is the constitution of the United States"

Enough said.

It only took one phrase for Rebecca to be pwned:D

-R-
02-02-2010, 12:00 AM

She makes me rage. :mad:

100 meters... Really?? :rolleyes:

I guess in her mind only the olympics dictate what is and isnt a shooting sport. What a tool.

Colt-45
02-02-2010, 12:10 AM
If you guys think Rebecca Peters is scary reality check we already have a few of those here at home.......

I wonder what led to her to being so anti-gun...................