PDA

View Full Version : FFL03 looking for FFL01 near Santa Monica.

tac
01-31-2010, 6:33 PM
I am trying to find a local FFL that can help me with online purchases.

I have an FFL03 and like to buy C&R pistols online.

The closest FFL I found (that accepts shipments and has a store) is in SFV which is about an hour drive from me.

I am looking for something closer (A Transfer Dealer working from home would be fine).

Please PM if you can help out.

tac
02-01-2010, 10:50 PM
This is tougher than I thought

tenpercentfirearms
02-02-2010, 6:40 AM
Did you use the sticky at the top of the FFL forum?

tac
02-02-2010, 10:51 AM
tenpercentfirearms

Yes I did. I couldn't find anybody closer that is why I posted a new thread.

I was hoping to find somebody on the west side. It would make my life a bit easier :)

tac
02-10-2010, 5:27 PM
btt

fd15k
02-10-2010, 5:35 PM
Well, SFV isn't really an hour drive ;) But other than that, closest to Santa Monica would be Martin Retting in Culver City, but they really suck when it comes to knowledge of the law. There is also M Suchar in Hawthorne, Turners in Redondo, and another kitchen-FFL near Redondo.

CSACANNONEER
02-10-2010, 5:51 PM
There's a transfer dealer at Angeles now. I know it's across town but, if you're going to the range anyways, it would be convienent. Also, about an hour from SM is Fort Courage in Simi Valley. Even when I still worked at another shop, I started buying from Tim. His customer service and knowledge is worth the drive. Also, there is a kitchen rable FFL in Westminster. If you go to a local gun show, find they guy selling Serbus and talk to him.

tac
02-10-2010, 6:20 PM
fs15k: AFAIK Martin Retting wont do it. They are not fond of doing PPT's either.
Turner's wont accept shipments either.

Who is the kitchen-FFL near Redondo that you are referring to ? That might be a great option for me.

tac
02-10-2010, 6:21 PM
CSACANNONEER:

I didn't know about the transfer dealer at Angeles. That might be another good option. Do you know if they accept shipments?

fd15k
02-10-2010, 6:28 PM
fs15k: AFAIK Martin Retting wont do it. They are not fond of doing PPT's either.
Turner's wont accept shipments either.

Who is the kitchen-FFL near Redondo that you are referring to ? That might be a great option for me.

West Coast Guns Redondo Beach, CA (310) 371-7726

Also, Sharpshooters in Torrance will definitely accept a shipment.

Edit: send e-mail to msuchar@earthlink.net, he definitely accepts shipments, and is closer to Santa Monica.

CSACANNONEER
02-11-2010, 9:38 AM
CSACANNONEER:

I didn't know about the transfer dealer at Angeles. That might be another good option. Do you know if they accept shipments?

I think he mainly does PPTs and dealer transfers (ie. shipped in guns). So, it would be right up his alley.

tac
02-11-2010, 3:36 PM
CSACANNONEER: Thanks for clarifying.

This might work out well.

Suchar-Enterprises
02-12-2010, 3:26 PM
Gentlemen, please don't use the term "kitchen table dealer" it's some what offensive. Just because we don't have store fronts or stock firearms for sale and choose to run our business from our homes doesn't mean we are not legitimate businesses. I think the term "transfer dealer" is more suitable for our type of business. "kitchen table dealer" are those who buy for themselves and friends and are not in it for profitable bossiness as required by ATF.

tac
02-12-2010, 3:44 PM
Suchar-Enterprises: You are making a good point. Thanks for pointing that out.

I adjusted the terminology in the post.