PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Santa Clara County Sheriff Race

arster
01-31-2010, 6:25 PM
I apologize in advance if this is a dupe - but I did a search and didn't find any posts in regards to this.

It seems we see quite a bit of activism in SoCal in terms of knowing Sheriff's races candidates and activism in identifying RKBA viewpoints as well as their CCW "views".

Is there any opportunity here for NorCal/Santa Clara County CalGunners to work in a similar fashion if we can identiy a "friendly" in this race that may have a viable chance in winning? (I heard there is some current work/possible actions in the works on how Laurie Smith has handled CCW permits here - but why wait if we identify and support someone who has a more open mind to ccw issuance in this race?)

Thoughts?

ReprintPrint Email
Santa Clara County sheriff race heats up for first time in 12 years

By Sean Webby

swebby@mercurynews.com
Posted: 01/25/2010 05:45:22 PM PST
Updated: 01/26/2010 07:58:41 AM PST

Santa Clara County Sheriff Laurie Smith has coasted into new terms twice since she was first elected 12 years ago, without facing a single challenger.

But the June election is shaping up to be a political shootout, with Smith the target of three opponents.

The latest candidate to announce, retired San Jose Police Capt. Richard Calderon, filed his papers last week and came out quickly blasting the incumbent. Calderon attacked Smith's leadership and competence, alleging her 550-deputy department's "failure to conduct a proper" investigation of the infamous De Anza gang rape allegation ruined any chance of a possible prosecution.

But Calderon has issues of his own — stemming from his controversial and short-lived stint last year as a small-town San Joaquin Valley police chief. There, city leaders say Calderon's over-aggressive policing style — one with close parallels to current controversy over San Jose police tactics — had the town in an uproar. The city bought out his contract after eight months on the job.

The two other candidates for the $230,000-a-year sheriff's job, Martin Monica and Joe Charvez, have taken a different political tack — saying that they liked Smith and were running because they thought their differing policing and management philosophies would be beneficial to the people of Santa Clara County.

The filing deadline for the race is March 12. If no candidate earns more than 50 percent
Advertisement
of the vote in June, the top two finishers will face off in a runoff in November.

Smith is still the favorite in the race; the Deputy Sheriff's Association is poised to give her its powerful endorsement in late March. But with the number of candidates and Calderon's double-barreled attack, the race for sheriff hasn't been this contentious for a dozen years, when Smith became the county's first female sheriff by defeating Assistant Sheriff Ruben Diaz after a brawling campaign.

Smith said this week she relished the opposition and "welcomed the opportunity to have an opponent so that we can get out and inform the people of all the positive things we have been doing.''

"In these tough economic times, you need experienced leadership,'' Smith said. "We are going to have to change how we do business in law enforcement — as in all public sectors.''

The sheriff bristled at Calderon's "unconscionable" attacks, defending her agency's investigation into the gang rape allegations against a group of college men as "thorough and professional."

Just days after he announced his candidacy, Calderon began making his provocative case to unseat Smith.

"The sheriff's department is broken, and I'm the person to fix it,'' he said, alleging Smith mismanages the department and is an "absentee sheriff'' who does not put nearly enough effort into community relations.

In more than 30 years at the San Jose department, Calderon — a gifted athlete who wrestled and boxed in international competitions — crafted a reputation as an ambitious and community-oriented cop, heavily involved in gang prevention and intervention. Calderon said a major key to his political agenda was to create more gang prevention programs in the county.

But Calderon's most recent job in law enforcement didn't go well. Civic leaders in the small dairy town of Gustine, known as a gateway to Yosemite, say he was over-aggressive, egotistical and a less-than-truthful leader of their 10-officer police force. He lost his job after eight months.

"Police are here to serve and protect; he was more like 'harass and drive people crazy,' '' said Mayor Rich Ford, owner of Ford's Farm Supply Company.

Ford said that Calderon started showering the small town with tickets, stopping people for minor traffic infractions and parking his officers outside of bars at closing time and busting patrons for public intoxication.

"The officers were tense, and the community was tense,'' Ford said. ''As soon as he was gone, people took a breath of relief.''

Calderon also angered the sheriff of Merced County, by contributing to a civil grand jury report that concluded that the sheriff's office had been "reprehensible'' in its neglect of Gustine.

The sheriff wrote a three-page rebuttal saying that Calderon had either ignorantly or intentionally misled the grand jury. The report and the rebuttal came out soon after the Gustine council bought out Calderon's contract for $30,000.

Said Merced County Sheriff Mark Pazin: "He was trying to be Don Quixote and was going after windmills and there was nothing there.''

Calderon says he was supported by many of Gustine's officers and residents but was forced out by city leaders who wanted him to do illegal and unethical things.

"I reported improprieties on the part of the highest level of city government. They chose not to take action," he said. "Their ethical compass pointed in a different direction.''

Like Calderon, Monica, is also a retired San Jose police officer who went on to become a chief of a small town in San Joaquin Valley. He, too, was booted out of the job within his first year by disenchanted town leaders.

Parlier officials reported that he was fired in 2002 because he overspent department funds, didn't show up for work enough and that his officers did not respect him. Monica said he was fired in retaliation for handing over a sex molestation investigation of one of his officers to the Fresno County sheriff.

"I'm one of the most ethical and moral people in law enforcement,'' he said.

Monica said he would differ from Smith in his community inclusiveness.

"I'm not against Laurie,'' he said. "I just think the time is right to make a change.''

Joe Charvez, who is a deputy sheriff under Smith and the president of the Santa Clara County Peace Officer's Association, said he was not sure yet if he wanted to run despite launching a campaign Web site. But he, too, had no major bones to pick with Smith. He said he was better equipped to deal with major recruitment and economic issues in coming years.

Contact Sean Webby at 408-920-5003.

Santa Clara County sheriff"s candidate Profiles

RICHARD CALDERON

Law
enforcement
experience:
Thirty years at the
San Jose Police
Dept. Retired as
a captain. Former
police chief in
Gustine.

Fun fact: Alternate Olympian in 1976 for Greco-Roman Wrestling; Pan American games silver medalist.

JOE CHARVEZ

Law
enforcement
experience:
24 years as a
Santa Clara
County deputy
sheriff.

Fun fact: Rides
a Harley-Davidson motorcycle.

MARTIN MONICA

Law
enforcement
experience:
18 years in the
SJPD, retired;
former chief of
police in Parlier.

Fun fact: Recently became involved with the group People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA). Owns two dogs and two turtles.

LAURIE SMITH

Law
enforcement
experience:
Began career
in law
enforcement
as Santa Clara
deputy sheriff
"matron" in 1973. Santa Clara County Sheriff since 1998.

Fun fact: Avid bridge player.

gotthelife4u
01-31-2010, 6:41 PM
Looks like we are screwed no mater who wins.

bulgron
01-31-2010, 6:59 PM
Yeah, I doubt that there's a single pro-CCW candidate in the bunch. But if someone comes up with a name, I'll be happy to work to get them elected. Well, as long as I can stomach the candidate. That Calderon guy looks like a real piece of work.

gotthelife4u
01-31-2010, 7:02 PM
Yeah, I doubt that there's a single pro-CCW candidate in the bunch. But if someone comes up with a name, I'll be happy to work to get them elected. Well, as long as I can stomach the candidate. That Calderon guy looks like a real piece of work.

Yeah that bunch looks like they all are on a power trip of some kind

yellowfin
01-31-2010, 8:30 PM
Kicking out Smith would at very least be a step in the right direction. I can't think of anyone who is actually worse on CCW. Isn't TBJ working on putting her in prison anyway?

bulgron
01-31-2010, 8:34 PM
Kicking out Smith would at very least be a step in the right direction. I can't think of anyone who is actually worse on CCW. Isn't TBJ working on putting her in prison anyway?

They were promising movement on that a few months back (or so it seems), and then nothing. I'm assuming that was all public posturing to get Smith to cave so that TBJ's client could get his/her CCW. But, of course, I could be wildly wrong on that one.

And being marginally better on CCW (as in, an ordinary guy still can't get one) isn't good enough if the replacement sheriff is a nightmare in other ways.

Now, a sheriff candidate that is willing to accept "personal self defense" for G.C. and means it, that would be a whole other kettle of fish. But I don't get the impression that any of the current field see things that way.

Billy Jack
02-01-2010, 6:37 AM
Folks, we do not do Gorski's or Peruta's. Santa Clara Sheriff investigation is ongoing and has turned into a private RICO investigation. We have been investigating the department, Command Staff and members of the Board of Supervisors. We have over 5,000 pages of investigative material in our possession and another 2,000 on the way. Investigation has been ongoing for over 18 months.

The US Attorney and FBI typically take 1-2 years to do a criminal RICO of a public official so relax, we are on the case. Those in the know are aware of some of our findings. Let's just say the evidence is compelling and overwhelming. No matter how bad you thought it was, it is far worse.

Can not post more here for obvious reasons. Remember how exciting it is to be surprised? Well I like to give that thrill to public officials.

It is so pervasive that even the San Jose Mercury News will be unable to ignore it.

Billy Jack

www.californiaconcealedcarry.com

arster
02-01-2010, 9:40 AM
Folks, we do not do Gorski's or Peruta's. Santa Clara Sheriff investigation is ongoing and has turned into a private RICO investigation. We have been investigating the department, Command Staff and members of the Board of Supervisors. We have over 5,000 pages of investigative material in our possession and another 2,000 on the way. Investigation has been ongoing for over 18 months.

The US Attorney and FBI typically take 1-2 years to do a criminal RICO of a public official so relax, we are on the case. Those in the know are aware of some of our findings. Let's just say the evidence is compelling and overwhelming. No matter how bad you thought it was, it is far worse.

Can not post more here for obvious reasons. Remember how exciting it is to be surprised? Well I like to give that thrill to public officials.

It is so pervasive that even the San Jose Mercury News will be unable to ignore it.

Billy Jack

Billy Jack, thanks for the efforts, I guess a few questions come to mind - without disclosing the compelling evidence before its time:
1. Is the outcome of your efforts going to have an overall effect on CCW issuance in Santa Clara County for us "regular" folks or is your case a more specific, "one for" case that will accomplish one or a few specific "wronged" folks getting their CCW in SCC?
2. The election is June 8 of this year, is your time line beyond/before this where it would help not getting the current Sheriff reelected say if the SJ Merc News and local media picked up on the story?

Billy Jack
02-01-2010, 10:02 AM
arster,

To both of your questions, yes.

Our team has reviewed SCSO CCW files, Campaign filings, real estate transactions, verified residences or not been able to, verified Good Cause statements, investigated members of Sheriff's Advisory Board, Superior Court records, Criminal and Civil, DMV records, Command Staff Appointment books, BOS records and others. The PRA is a wonderful investigative tool. If any of the candidates for her job knew what we knew, game over!

Hey, we have been on this for over 18 months. If the FBI or US Attorney, under the not so honorable Eric 'Give that fugitive a Pardon' Holder want to undertake a RICO investigation, they can start with our evidence and connect the dots as we have.

I must say I have been surprised by what has been found and I have been doing corruption investigations for years.

Billy Jack

Roadrunner
02-01-2010, 10:12 AM
If the evidence you have is so damning, should you really be discussing it here? Aren't you giving them an opportunity to create a plausible explanation and cover their tracks?

Billy Jack
02-01-2010, 10:22 AM
Roadrunner,

Take a deep breath and relax. What evidence has been discussed? I merely stated what has been examined. How do you cover 12 years of tracks my friend when they are in public records? Read the post more carefully. Young Brave is reading things that are not there. Have further concerns, e-mail me and I shall address your concerns, not the evidence. Investigation is ongoing.

Billy Jack

dantodd
02-01-2010, 1:05 PM
If the evidence you have is so damning, should you really be discussing it here? Aren't you giving them an opportunity to create a plausible explanation and cover their tracks?

You must realize BJ's motives. He is working on getting a CCW for one or more clients. As soon as the City sees that he is wielding a big hammer on this they will cave and issue the CCW, possibly pay the applicant's legal fees and the case goes away.

The vast majority of law suits follow this path, to the best of my knowledge all of the suits filed by TBJ (at least since his own case) have been so decided. If they haven't and there is any case law I'm sure that BJ will let us know.

yellowfin
02-01-2010, 1:17 PM
^ It may have started that way, but now it really seems more like they want to take her down, CCW or no CCW. She deserves to spend the rest of her life in chains and so do her accomplices.

dantodd
02-01-2010, 2:10 PM
^ It may have started that way, but now it really seems more like they want to take her down, CCW or no CCW. She deserves to spend the rest of her life in chains and so do her accomplices.

Since that has not been BJ's modus operandi I would NOT make the assumption. If BJ says that he is committed to pursuing this regardless of the CCW status of his current client will take him at his word and follow the case with great anticipation. I'm sure that if he does choose to do so it will continue long after Sykes is decided, so regardless of the city's position on his clients CCW that aspect will likely be mooted before the full case is resolved.

yellowfin
02-01-2010, 3:30 PM
I think it will get a lot more CCW's to people to see a high profile sheriff get taken down- sending a LOUD message to their replacement as well as others in the state- than just holding up a baseball bat then throwing it into a fire immediately thereafter. Heads need to be chopped, not hats blown off by a gust of hot air.

Billy Jack
02-01-2010, 4:30 PM
yellowfin as usual sees the forest for the trees. This is the worst department I have ever investigated. Worse than LAPD or LASO.

Our aim is way above a CCW and some money. This goes into the Board of Supervisors. Does anyone remember how bad Blandas(?) was? This is far worse. If the Sacramento case had been pursued correctly it would have resulted in a new CCW Policy and some incarceration. There are a lot of loose cannons out here filing suits without a clue as to what they might find in the files. Do you folks think I spend over 18 months on a case just because I can?

Our cases are fully investigated prior to filing. This is the most complex CCW case I have ever investigated. Involves massive cross referencing of data and Spread Sheets.

If you folks have any questions that are of a general nature give me and e-mail through the site shown below. I am coming up to clean Santa Clara County and the fall out will reach many people.

Billy Jack

bulgron
02-01-2010, 5:44 PM
If you folks have any questions that are of a general nature give me and e-mail through the site shown below. I am coming up to clean Santa Clara County and the fall out will reach many people.

When?

If the fallout from this can happen at about the same time as Sykes begins to pay off (say, by the end of this year, or middle next year?) then that would help us strategically in this county in a big way.

7x57
02-01-2010, 5:58 PM
If the fallout from this can happen at about the same time as Sykes begins to pay off (say, by the end of this year, or middle next year?) then that would help us strategically in this county in a big way.

IIRC Billy Jack is skeptical about just how useful Sykes will be. In any event, with as much data as he described he probably has limited control over the timeline.

7x57

wildhawker
02-01-2010, 7:59 PM
Involves massive cross referencing of data and Spread Sheets.

Is that a euphemism for a sting involving sexual relations with a drag queen?

Sorry, my reservation gets a little lonely, too.

Sutcliffe
02-02-2010, 1:59 AM
He says that her unofficial policy is that nobody gets CCW permits for any reason. Those that came up for renewal were not renewed. Period. He gave the example of an armored car service that had them under previous Sheriff's and was denied.
I sure hope that this will affect major change at both county and state levels.

Gray Peterson
02-02-2010, 4:00 AM
He says that her unofficial policy is that nobody gets CCW permits for any reason. Those that came up for renewal were not renewed. Period. He gave the example of an armored car service that had them under previous Sheriff's and was denied.
I sure hope that this will affect major change at both county and state levels.

That cannot be true, as there are 150 or so active licenses issued by the sheriff.

7x57
02-02-2010, 8:02 AM
Is that a euphemism for a sting involving sexual relations with a drag queen?

Sorry, my reservation gets a little lonely, too.

I'm going to make a wild guess that Billy Jack's reservation doesn't get anywhere near *that* lonely. :eek:

7x57

yellowfin
02-02-2010, 8:12 AM
I wonder if Billy Jack has any Seneca equivalent.

CCWFacts
02-02-2010, 8:12 AM
This is the worst department I have ever investigated. Worse than LAPD or LASO.

Wow, I'm excited. I did read the Santa Maria case, and I was shocked. There was one guy there who donated to the police council, and got issued a permit... and he doesn't live in Santa Maria and it says so very clearly right in the middle of Page 1 of his app! Another guy's only good cause was "I am a dentist", claiming that he handled a lot of cash, and sometimes had to meet patients he didn't know. Uh, no, I don't believe that dental patients today pay in cash. They pay with check or CC. Which is probably how that same dentist paid his membership in the police council.

So if Sheriff Smith's dept is worse, those files are going to be a good read. I hope to see her in chains.

He says that her unofficial policy is that nobody gets CCW permits for any reason. Those that came up for renewal were not renewed. Period.

They lie about it.

That cannot be true, as there are 150 or so active licenses issued by the sheriff.

That's right.

It's routine for the sheriff, and also a lot of other people in the dept, to make statements which they know to be untrue about CCW issuance. They lie about it.

Billy Jack
02-02-2010, 8:14 AM
Gray Peterson, wrong on both accounts. Our investigation indicates they are available to the right people. Brave believes Sheriff may have studied 'Chicago model' for running department. Your numbers are too high.

When you testify in Federal court, the Judge wants to hear what you know, not what you think, believe or feel. I also teach and I tell my students the same thing. Tell me what you know. Anything else serves no purpose.

DOJ numbers of CCW issued statewide and by individual departments are inaccurate due to a number of factors, so unless you have done a PRA on a department you will never have correct numbers, just a 'feeling'.

Billy Jack

Gray Peterson
02-02-2010, 1:07 PM
Gr

DOJ numbers of CCW issued statewide and by individual departments are inaccurate due to a number of factors, so unless you have done a PRA on a department you will never have correct numbers, just a 'feeling'.

Billy Jack

DOJ numbers are all most people will go by. The point being is that permits ARE issued, and the deputy either lied, or was lied to, spreading FUD.

arster
03-17-2010, 10:47 PM
Not that it may matter in a large sense for us in SCC, but out of curiosity - I sent emails/letter to the current persons running in the SC County Sheriff's race to see their view on the 2A.

I sent one to Joe Charvez (who isn't taking any contributions - which will make him probably a far chance of getting elected). He did list member of NRA since 1993 on his bio - but that doesn't mean much. His website:http://www.joecharvezforsheriff.com/about.htm.

I also sent emails to Richard Calderon and Martin Monica. I have received a response from Martin Monica stating he will get back to me in the near future to answer each of my questions. Nothing from Mr. Calderon yet.

http://www.martinmonica.com/Martin_Monica_For_Sheriff/Welcome.html

http://richardcalderonforsheriff2010.com/

Dear Mr. xxxxx,

I noticed that you are in the current race for the position of Sheriff in the County of Santa Clara.

As a resident in this county, I write to you to form a better idea if you are a person that I would support and vote for. In forming this opinion, it would also influence me in the areas of my personal life and business profession -- to rally my friends, family members, fellow workers and the large community of businesses I work with in my employment - to either support you and contribute to your campaign or to instead, support one of your competitors in the race.

One large thing that I deem important is the Bill of Rights of the United States of America. In particular, as a law-abiding
citizen, I want to ask what your positions are in regards to the Second Amendment, private firearm ownership and
your view of issuance of CCW permits if you were to become the Sheriff of Santa Clara County.

1. What is your view in terms of the Second Amendment? Do you believe it applies to the states and that local governments?
Should or should they not have a higher ability to restrict ownership and purchase of firearms to persons who are not restricted to own firearms beyond what Federal Law provides?

2. What is your position on California's law restricting semi-automatic rifles and .50 caliber target rifles?

3. What is your official view on issuance of CCW permits?
As you know, current state law requires a "good cause" reason that is open to big interpretation from an issuing body for CCW. Do you believe
a responsible citizen’s desire to be armed for personal protection meets the CA legal requirement for “good cause” and would you issue on this?

If not, what is you position on what would be "good cause" to issue CCW permits if elected Sheriff?

I await your candid and prompt response.

Best Regards,

RC

Martinmonica
05-22-2010, 10:53 AM
[QUOTE=gotthelife4u;3731697]Looks like we are screwed no mater who wins.[/QUOTE

You are wrong. You need to see my threat. I urge you to go to the 2n amendment meeting on the 27.

Martinmonica
05-22-2010, 10:54 AM

You are wrong, I support ccw, i am a shall not may.
Calderon will follow Smiths lead.

Martinmonica
05-22-2010, 10:57 AM
Not that it may matter in a large sense for us in SCC, but out of curiosity - I sent emails/letter to the current persons running in the SC County Sheriff's race to see their view on the 2A.

I sent one to Joe Charvez (who isn't taking any contributions - which will make him probably a far chance of getting elected). He did list member of NRA since 1993 on his bio - but that doesn't mean much. His website:http://www.joecharvezforsheriff.com/about.htm.

I also sent emails to Richard Calderon and Martin Monica. I have received a response from Martin Monica stating he will get back to me in the near future to answer each of my questions. Nothing from Mr. Calderon yet.

http://www.martinmonica.com/Martin_Monica_For_Sheriff/Welcome.html

http://richardcalderonforsheriff2010.com/

Dear Mr. xxxxx,

I noticed that you are in the current race for the position of Sheriff in the County of Santa Clara.

As a resident in this county, I write to you to form a better idea if you are a person that I would support and vote for. In forming this opinion, it would also influence me in the areas of my personal life and business profession -- to rally my friends, family members, fellow workers and the large community of businesses I work with in my employment - to either support you and contribute to your campaign or to instead, support one of your competitors in the race.

One large thing that I deem important is the Bill of Rights of the United States of America. In particular, as a law-abiding
citizen, I want to ask what your positions are in regards to the Second Amendment, private firearm ownership and
your view of issuance of CCW permits if you were to become the Sheriff of Santa Clara County.

1. What is your view in terms of the Second Amendment? Do you believe it applies to the states and that local governments?
Should or should they not have a higher ability to restrict ownership and purchase of firearms to persons who are not restricted to own firearms beyond what Federal Law provides?

2. What is your position on California's law restricting semi-automatic rifles and .50 caliber target rifles?

3. What is your official view on issuance of CCW permits?
As you know, current state law requires a "good cause" reason that is open to big interpretation from an issuing body for CCW. Do you believe
a responsible citizen’s desire to be armed for personal protection meets the CA legal requirement for “good cause” and would you issue on this?

If not, what is you position on what would be "good cause" to issue CCW permits if elected Sheriff?

I await your candid and prompt response.

Best Regards,

RC

Charvez never was in the race, he was a puppet for Smith. I support the 2nd amendment. Go to my threat here on calguns. Educate yourself on the candidates. This will be the only time you will have a shall will candidate.
So if you do not vote for Martin Monica, you can't yell about it later.

Martinmonica
05-22-2010, 11:01 AM
Yeah that bunch looks like they all are on a power trip of some kind
Wrong on the power trip. You need to go to the forums or call me or meet me. This will be the only time you will have a candidate that is a shall will, if you do not vote for Martin Monica, then you have no place to yell about the 2nd amendment.
If you want change vote for me, if not vote for one of the other candidates. I will not charge 25k for a CCW.
My nephew died for you and our country. So please before you make comments like the above know your candidates. I am not a politician but an American. I will tell you what I think.

Martinmonica
05-23-2010, 6:56 PM
You guys need to wake up and look and listen to the candidates. You want change and yet you fail to know whose who. If you fail this time to vote for Martin Monica, then you have no place to yell later. The chance is here either jump on and make a change or stop yelling. Get out there and tell people to vote for me. I encourage you to meet with me before the election to see for yourself. Quit being a whiner and start being a winner. My nephew died for you in Iraqi lets go forward on what he fought for the USA. If you have the bxxxx call me.

Martin

zx9rdr
05-23-2010, 11:59 PM
Martin is pro 2a, pro-CCW, and very open to discussion. Schedule a time and talk with him. It will not be waste of time. He's willing to meet where it's convenient for you, working one voter at a time.

I consider myself moderate in most respects. There are very few issues that will get me active. Fair and reasonable CCW is one of them. Martin is our best chance in the Santa Clara County. Nobody has anything to loose by voting for him, and much to gain. It's virtually impossible to get a CCW now. I'm willing to try.

If anyone is curious, yes, I was skeptical as can be, reading these forums and his posts. I met with Martin today by calling him at the phone number that he's posted for people to call him. I PM'd him about 3 weeks ago and he gave me his number via PM. HaVE been busy with work, and didn't get around to calling till today. I called, and he answered, on a Sunday, and agreed to meet where it was easy for ME. We spent over an hour talking about his campaign, and his genuine desire to follow what he believes in.

Is he a Democrat? A Republican? Is he a vegetarian? An animal person (which I found he was a canine unit for SJPD)? Does it even matter? We have a Republican Governor that has banned ammo sales and hasn't helped in the CCW matter.

Martin needs help. Money always helps, but when I met him, it almost seemed he'd rather have help spreading his name and what he wants to bring to the people of Santa Clara County rather than money. He's not running on CCW alone and doesn't publicize it openly, as that's not the way to get the majority of the people here in the bay area.

If his responses to this forum, or others seems short or brash, Martin's not a politician. Speaking with him, I feel he is of his constituents and people. He speaks his mind, and he thinks about what people talk to him about. When I first read some of the responses on CalGuns, I thought 'this guy can't be real and he sounds too defensive'. Well, I thought about it, and you know what? If one of you, or anyone, who didn't know me, decided to call me unpatriotic or anti-2A without knowing me, without ever speaking to me, I'd probably be pretty defensive myself.

Most important, if nothing else, send in your absentee ballot or go out and vote on June 8th! Asking others to do the same would be a bonus :)

bboyin4food
05-24-2010, 12:15 AM
didnt see it posted, so here... link to Martin's thread:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=296975

post #112 and #130 have his contact info. good luck Martin, i would vote for you if i lived in Santa Clara county.

bwiese
05-24-2010, 12:28 AM
Supposedly Laurie has her own "Rangers"-style suborganization for donors, dunno what the going rate is - but at least some of these folks have CCWs.

Martinmonica
05-24-2010, 5:57 PM
Supposedly Laurie has her own "Rangers"-style suborganization for donors, dunno what the going rate is - but at least some of these folks have CCWs.

I would direct you to my threat. If you need more call me and we can meet.

408-771-6946

Martin Monica for Sheriff

Sierra1-1
05-25-2010, 7:18 AM

408-771-6946

Guys you need to take him up on this...Make a call.

dantodd
05-25-2010, 7:52 AM

408-771-6946

You might want to change that to "my thread" I'd hate for your typo to be abused.