View Full Version : TV Ad campaigns

01-31-2010, 10:43 AM
The NRA (only from what I have heard from them) runs TV ads in other states, so what about CGF here in CA? If we all put enough together not tomorrow, but close to the time of the decision making(s) of the up & coming court cases, could it be reasonable to suggest that CGF start ad campaigns on TV? Having asked this, I know that TV time is NOT CHEAP.

The UOCers are out to educate (CMIIW), and I don't have a problem with educating the public, but there are right ways, and there are completely wrong ways of going about such an activity. If we went and polled the public tomorrow and asked them about the forefront issues that are of importance here, 9 of 10 would likely not know about any of them, and most would likely oppose CCW without having a clear understanding of the issues.

With TV ads, could it be a bad thing to start by running something that says that the future of McDonald v Chicago would determine whether the 2nd is an individual right on the state level? Baby steps maybe that soon shifts the balance of opinion?

01-31-2010, 11:15 AM
I'd say save the money, most people who would be against CCW don't even have the slightest clue about these court cases, the only people who really care about the McDonald case are us Gunnies and the Brady folks.

I think it would only hurt us, plus waste a lot of money that could be used in court cases, etc.

If this was a pro-RKBA state like Nevada or Utah it would be a different story.

01-31-2010, 11:38 AM
From what I understand about this the local California stations will not run NRA ads. They will run Brady ads and I have seen them in the past.

01-31-2010, 12:33 PM
An ad campaign focusing on McDonald would accomplish little. 30 seconds isn't long enough to delve into the issues and even if it were the only audience that matters is nine people in DC. Their job is to follow the Constitution not any comments that might come in from an expensive and unnecessary media campaign.

01-31-2010, 1:07 PM
NRA (and affiliates) has plenty of money for things like TV ads; there are some markets/issues where that makes sense. Not yet, however.