PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think about the ACE M4 SOCOM stock?

AlliedArmory
01-30-2010, 11:02 PM
I'm considering getting one of these in place of my MOE.

Any thoughts of it other than it is expensive?

http://riflestocks.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=75_76&products_id=186

battleship
01-30-2010, 11:18 PM
I would by it direct from ACE so you get there latest design, i did a thread on the problem i experienced with this stock on a 7.62x39 AR the adjusting bolt would wear down very quickly until the adjustment of the stock would no longer hold to the recoil of the rifle, resulting in the stock slaming shut to zero length adjustment and slaming my eye into the scope as my shoulder gave way under zero tention, it hurt.

They came up with a better design and have recently inproved on that one from what they told me.

They have excellent customer service i explained my problem sent my stock back to them and they told me friday when i followed up that they would send me no charge a new designed stock. which should be arriving earkly this week.

when it works its a great stock and easy to use and is very comfortable and looks hella cool to.

rabagley
01-30-2010, 11:40 PM
I like the ACT M4-7 better. No staking, at least as secure, 7 positions, fits commercial stocks, tougher than commercial tubes.

What's not to like?

FMJBT
01-30-2010, 11:48 PM
It definitely looks cool. My concern would be the fairly short 2" adjustment range. I assume this limited adjustment is just to compensate for bulky clothing or body armor? Personally, I prefer collapsable stocks to actually collapse down to a compact size. For the money, I think there are more practical options available than the ACE stock. But it does look cool :)

aplinker
01-31-2010, 12:28 AM
I wouldn't buy any stock that claims to be "the strongest made" then says:
NOTE: The Ace Socom Stock is designed and intended for calibers up to and including 7.62x39. Use on weapons of higher calibers such as, but not limited to: 12 Gauge Shotgun, .450 Bushmaster, 458 Socom, .499LWRC, .50 Beowulf, .50 BMG may cause damage to your stock that will not be covered by warranty.

They were popular a number of years ago, but became less vogue as the SOPMOD entered real production and Magpul got into the mix.

jumbopanda
01-31-2010, 12:46 AM
I wouldn't buy any stock that claims to be "the strongest made" then says:

They were popular a number of years ago, but became less vogue as the SOPMOD entered real production and Magpul got into the mix.

Yeah I was considering one of those until I saw that it couldn't hold up to anything bigger than 7.62x39. Ace makes some nice products, but a stock that has such little tolerance for recoil is just sad.

badicedog
01-31-2010, 5:24 AM
My only gripe is that it's not so easily adjusted. I use it on my Robinson XCR 7.62 x 39, no problems so far.

shooterdude
01-31-2010, 5:43 AM
Looks like a $200 POS. Half that money could be better spent elsewhere. Like here: http://dsgarms.com/index.cfm/product/2612/magpul-moe-kit---dark-earth.cfm

Then send me $50 for turning you onto a great deal and you still have $50 in your pocket....YOUR WELCOME!

UBFRAGD
01-31-2010, 7:25 AM
I put one on my LR308 liteweight KISS build because I like the looks. It seems robust and well-made. I also ordered the 1" recoil pad. The build is totally stalled out while I work on other stuff, it needs another $1400+ for upper and optics. I am kind of worried about the cheekweld though, I'll probably be sporting a tactical black t-shirt tactically taped to the stock with tactical-black electrical tape. If the stock doesn't work on the 308 build I can throw it on an AR-15 or the classifieds.

pacrimguru
01-31-2010, 8:14 AM
i used to have one on my original 9mm build. i think it looks cool and it is strudy as hell. my only complaints would that maybe its on the heavy side since the thing is all metal and the cheek weld isn't the greatest. but a bad-*** feature is that the bottom of the foot of the stock is a meat tenderizer. love that.

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk62/pacrimguru/AR-15%209mm/P1130592.jpg

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk62/pacrimguru/AR-15%209mm/P1130595.jpg