PDA

View Full Version : What Calguns Discount???

hk404me
01-30-2010, 7:44 PM
I just ordered a parts kit from Atlantic Firearms and thought that if I mentioned Calguns I would get a discount. No such luck. Paid full pop PLUS a non cash fee and shipping!

So much for the Calguns discount........

hk404me

Atlantic Firearms
01-31-2010, 2:18 AM
Discounts are on firearms not on parts and accessories we have never mentioned that there were discounts for parts , secondly just mentioning a discount does not make the web site order system give it to you as CLEARLY covered in the red text in the order page you must discuss discounts prior to placing the order . We list the payment options etc very clearly on the web site in the How to buy section , Please email our office your contact info we will be glad to call you to help clear up the confusion

hk404me
01-31-2010, 6:56 AM
Well, I guess you cleared that up to your satisfaction. Atlantic Firearms is NOT the only vendor on Calguns. In the future I will definitely consider another vendor such as 'Peach State Guns' who I have NEVER had an issue with. Great products at a reasonable price.

Good luck in your continued success.

hk404me

Atlantic Firearms
01-31-2010, 12:37 PM
Did you contact our office to discuss the possible discount prior to placing the order ? You placed a order , did not contact us about it and then are upset because you did not get a discount ? We cover in the directions to make sure you have spoken with our office about any promotions or coupons prior to finalizing the order , this is covered in red text on the billing page & in all the directions throughout the web site . On the discount we offer them because we try to help out the shooting community in California however we can not offer it on all items and that is why we have stressed in all of our postings to contact our office about the products & discounts. We will be glad to cancel you order and refund your money in full . Rather than trying to purposely drag us through the mud the correct thing would to have contacted us directly by phone or email so we could have politely discussed the issue .

VictorFranko
01-31-2010, 12:52 PM
So what's the deal Atlantic Firearms?
He mentioned Calguns, why didn't you extend a 50% discount, eat the 3% credit card fee yourselves and pick up the shipping charge to boot? :43:

Harley
01-31-2010, 12:56 PM
Sorry to hear of your transaction. Atlanticfirearms is a good company.

In my experiences with them they have been very nice and upfront on any purchase that I have been interested in (some pretty good deals too), there request to me has always been to email for best priceing....ie...Calguns discount.

Good luck with getting this resolved. :)

ChrisTKHarris
01-31-2010, 12:58 PM
It would be hard for a vendor to give a discount for every CalGuns member considering there are 40,000+ members.

Atlantic Firearms
01-31-2010, 2:10 PM
We try offer discounts when possible on firearms but there is no SET discount it will vary based on the item . We have tons of customers ask for a discounts but are not actually members of the Cal Guns site so we normally request their user name for verification . Another example would be the item is already marked down or on sale we would probably not offer a further discount but it is dealt wiht on a case by case basis. We cover on the Cal Guns to contact us first to discuss any discounts prior to placing the order we also go out of our way to cover this on the web site , below are a couple of the notices we list for the customers .

From our How to Buy Directions
Discounts & Coupons Any coupon's or discounts need to be applied by the customer at the time of the order. We will not go back and discount orders for customer after they have already been placed. Please make sure you have ironed out the discounted ordering instructions prior to placing the order

From the Bottom of the page after the item is added to the shop cart, in red text
* If you have a coupon or special discount offer please discuss this with us prior to submitting the order, the offers are not redeemable after the order has been submitted, please do not ask us to go back and adjust the invoice.

From our billing page in red text right above where the customer chooses the payment option
If you have a coupon or special discount offer please discuss this with us prior to submitting the order, the offers are not redeemable after the order has been submitted, please do not ask us to go back and adjust the invoice .

We want to try to help out but need customers to discuss things with us first and not just take for granted we OWE them a discount . As stated before we have no problem discussing the issue with the cusotmer over the phone and would be more than glad to contact them if they desire . However the first post is a bit out of line and jumping down our throats for no reason .

w55
01-31-2010, 3:29 PM
You need to give a vendor a heads up. Unless there is something missing the vendor has just said what the policy is...so not seeing why your calling them out before even contacting them?

2600fromAtari
01-31-2010, 5:17 PM
hk, I purchased something from Atlantic last week. I emailed Blaine and asked what the price would be to me as a member of this website. I got a discount code to place my Internet order. The website clearly states that credit card users must pay the 3%. I opted not to, so I mailed a postal money order the next day.

I don't think you can assume just being a member here automatically grants you a discount. I don't think Atlantic misrepresented themselves or tricking anyone here. They did offer to talk to clear things up.

Hope you guys work things out.

hk404me
01-31-2010, 5:45 PM
My bad.

From what everyone else has posted I owe ‘Atlantic Firearms’ an apology. I should expect (and did get) nothing. When I called I must have been interrupting coffee break or something. I was treated like I was a telemarketer instead of a buyer. It was my first time to order from ‘Atlantic Firearms’ and I was expected to know exactly what to do. My bad, again. I was told go to the website and order it there wasn’t even given the opportunity to say anything else. And yes, everyone is entitled to a bad day.

Granted ‘Atlantic Firearms’ is a business, and the purpose of a business is to make a profit. I would have thought that in an economy like we are in currently, a business would want to keep customers, not push them away.

I don’t really care about couple of dollar discount. It’s absolutely no big deal. It sounds like I am the only person to ever have an issue with ‘Atlantic Firearms’.

As always buyer beware. And, always read the fine print. Just like everyone does with the 'EULA'.

hk404me

ChrisTKHarris
01-31-2010, 5:48 PM
My bad.

I from what everyone else has posted I owe ĎAtlantic Firearmsí an apology. I should expect (and did get) nothing. When I called I must have been interrupting coffee break or something. I was treated like I was a telemarketer instead of a buyer. It was my first time to order from ĎAtlantic Firearmsí and I was expected to know exactly what to do. My bad, again. I was told go to the website and order it there wasnít even given the opportunity to say anything else. And yes, everyone is entitled to a bad day.

Granted ĎAtlantic Firearmsí is a business, and the purpose of a business is to make a profit. I would have thought that in an economy like we are in currently, a business would want to keep customers, not push them away.

I donít really care about couple of dollar discount. Itís absolutely no big deal. It sounds like I am the only person to ever have an issue with ĎAtlantic Firearmsí.

As always buyer beware. And, always read the fine print. Just like everyone does with the 'EULA'.

hk404me

http://www.moonbattery.com/archives/cry-baby-girl-face.jpg

Atlantic Firearms
02-01-2010, 3:36 AM
HK404 , could you please send our office a email with your contact info so we can contact you , we would like to iron everything out .

hk404me
02-02-2010, 6:40 AM
E-mail sent.

Jeremy S.
02-03-2010, 10:31 AM
I recently made a purchase with Atlantic Firearms and I was extended a CalGuns Discount on what I already considered a good deal.

The %3 non-cash surcharge sucks but I am aware that credit card companies charge vendors around the same in fees so it is not an issue for me. The CalGuns discount more than covered that ;)

I am satisfied with my dealings with Atlantic Firearms. There was a minor mix up with my purchase but I caught the mistake early and they fixed it immediately.

Good communication and e-mail reply turn around time (even during SHOT show!). They do not sugar coat their answers and come off a little rough around the edges but they were direct and prompt in responding to my questions.

I recommend Atlantic if they have what you are looking for in stock. You might have to jump through an extra hoop or two more than some vendors but it isn't like you are just buying the latest Apple product from bestbuy.com...

-Jeremy

hk404me
02-03-2010, 11:30 AM
Hey Jeremy S.,

I am glad to hear your positive experience with ĎAtlantic Firearmsí. I received the item I ordered today (03 February 2010). We will see when I get home if it all was worth it all that has transpired or not. I have been chastised by my fellow Calgunís members on this post. I realize that there are few vendors that will deal with California, and I guess that is part of the reason that I received all the flak.

I did send ĎAtlantic Firearmsí an E-mail as requested, but as of this point in time, have yet to hear anything back.

Keep on shootiní

hk404me

Jeremy S.
02-03-2010, 8:44 PM
I hope everything works out for you.

mmmbad
02-03-2010, 11:34 PM
Looking for an ak soon and was looking at atlantic firearms. Let us know how it went!

Liberty Rules
02-04-2010, 12:03 AM
Without getting involved in the original post, I would like to add that Atlantic Firearms was very good in several dealings I had with them. I am especially appreciative of the fact that Blaine took the time on the phone for me to explain CA gun laws (this was WAY before the days of bullet button-equipped conversions regularly being shipped here by outside vendors). He listened, understood, and took care of business for me. I am glad to see that he's now here on a regular basis serving the California market.

hk404me
02-04-2010, 7:39 PM
Re sent E-mail.......

AlliedArmory
02-05-2010, 12:55 AM
I don't want to get involved either, but I have seen them post several times to email them for a Calguns discount. These guys are definitely reputable and I have had nothing but good dealings with them.

mossberg500
02-05-2010, 2:06 AM
i got my GSG-5 from Atlantic Firearms i call them firs what do do how to get a discount as they advertized on this site READ THE PAYMENT INSTRUCTION before you buy it... I got my GSG-5 from them without a headache they are Great Vendor

hk404me
02-05-2010, 7:17 PM
I finally opened the package that I received from ĎAtlantic Firearmsí and was pleasantly surprised at the condition of the kit. It was definitely above my expectations. Soon after opening the package, Blaine Bunting of Atlantic Firearms called me. I told him that I didnít know who I spoke with when I first called, and he told me that it was him. He explained to me that this is their busiest time of the year and the he does everything from determining applications of firearms for LE and citizens to shipping and receiving. He also went on to say that they had just returned from a gun show (either Vegas or Arizona I donít remember which) and was extremely busy playing Ďcatch upí. I told Blaine that it was my mistake that I did not see that discounts are only on complete firearms when I was placing my order. I went back and placed the same order, (without actually placing the order) and it was right there that discounts are only on new complete firearms. Blaine went on to explain that the mark up on firearms isnít much and even less on kits. That is the reason there is no discounts on kits.

All this being said, the bottom line is I made a mistake not reading the web pages completely. I was satisfied with Blaineís explanation of our brief original phone conversation. I would not hesitate in order from Atlantic Firearms again. They have outstanding products and Blaine Bunting went out of his way to straighten out the situation that I in part created.

hk404me

mmmbad
02-07-2010, 12:12 AM
Thanks for keeping us updated and I'm glad everything worked out. I just emailed them about an order!

The Duke
02-10-2010, 11:11 AM
Thanks for keeping us updated and I'm glad everything worked out. I just emailed them about an order!

Hi mmmbad - wondering on feedback from your order. I too read many postive things about Atlantic before ordering my Saiga 12. I got it - packaging was great, case was great, shipping was prompt, but there were some rust issues that were immediately apparent that basic quality control should have caught. There were also ejection problems.

My difficulties with Blaine at AF started when I began asking more detailed questions about CA compliancy and about Saiga competitors. I got one "hang up" while talking to him on the phone...and there was no tension at the time. Just, "here's my answer", click. Then I got some pretty nasty emails which only got worse after I received my 12. It ended up taking more than 3 months, but I'm happy to say I did get a gun I'm satisfied with, and probably saved $100-200 over what I could have bought locally. But I felt held hostage for my money. The rude service and periods of weeks being ignored made me totally worried. I even had to file a BBB complaint against them. Atlantic: Cheap Rifles and a happy ending, but buyer beware.

Atlantic Firearms
02-10-2010, 12:39 PM
Duke , please email us directly with your name etc , we would like to look into the the email records to check out the exact nasty emails and what your exact warranty issue was with this situation .

Atlantic Firearms
02-10-2010, 12:57 PM
Duke , we will be glad to send you $100 bucks if we ignored your warranty issues for months etc , please email us direct your name & email address we will be glad to search our email records and if this is all correct send you a $100 refund check for the inconvience. There are always 2 sides to every story.

hk404me
02-10-2010, 7:46 PM
Hey Duke,

I was a little upset with Atlantic Firearms myself, but give Blaine a chance. He is human, as he explained to me. After speaking with him after his normal working hours, I honestly believe that he really isnít a ďbadĒ guy. During the course of a day he has to deal with unreasonable request on an hourly basis. To satisfy some people he would have to do what we will call ďunethicalĒ. I agree that he should not jeopardize his business to make a few dollars and one person happy.

Talk with Blaine in a civil and open manner and I am confident that there is a mutual solution to the issue. It kinda sounds like we had a similar experience. After speaking with him I was comfortable with his explanation of what happened on our phone conversation.

Good luck,
hk404me

BlooDSMeaR
08-15-2010, 12:20 AM
http://www.moonbattery.com/archives/cry-baby-girl-face.jpg

PRICELESS

BlooDSMeaR
08-15-2010, 12:27 AM
IMHO i will be buying from AF for my first rifle and look forward to it.

Atlantic Firearms
08-15-2010, 9:46 AM
Blood , please touch base with us for a price quote when you are ready & please mention your Cal Gun user name.