PDA

View Full Version : Cash & Carry / Relic & Curio

robertmcginley
01-30-2010, 7:21 PM
Forgive me if this is posted in the wrong forum. Big 5 has Mosin-Nagants on sale through tomorrow for $99. I decided to stop by and pick one up at the suggestion of a friend. Asked the clerk how the purchase was handled and he stated that paperwork was still required. I was short on time so I was not able to discuss the whole process but thought one could purchase and not have paperwork associated with the sale. Does a sale such as this also require the 10 day waiting period?

DedEye
01-30-2010, 7:25 PM
Since it's from a store/dealer, yes, it requires a 10 day wait.

robertmcginley
01-30-2010, 7:41 PM
Thanks,
The clerk mentioned a curio & relic lisence and with that the rifle would need to be purchased during normal business hours. Any knowledge of this?

rromeo
01-30-2010, 7:43 PM
Check this out:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=263924

GrizzlyGuy
01-30-2010, 8:00 PM
Good question! I just expanded the answer to this question in the FAQ to include the info from DedEye and rromeo:

Do I need a dealer to transfer a C&R long gun? (http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/index.php/FAQ#Do_I_need_a_dealer_to_transfer_a_C.26R_long_gu n.3F)

DedEye will probably hate me for doing that, as the answer is now a bit wordy. ;)

DedEye
01-30-2010, 8:05 PM
Good question! I just expanded the answer to this question in the FAQ to include the info from DedEye and rromeo:

Do I need a dealer to transfer a C&R long gun? (http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/index.php/FAQ#Do_I_need_a_dealer_to_transfer_a_C.26R_long_gu n.3F)

DedEye will probably hate me for doing that, as the answer is now a bit wordy. ;)

That can be fixed later ;).

While I still don't hate you, you may have just lost your position as my favorite person of the day.

robertmcginley
01-30-2010, 8:11 PM
Thanks Again,
I just finished ordering a Type 3 C&R license application through the ATF site.

Quiet
01-31-2010, 7:47 AM
Thanks Again,
I just finished ordering a Type 3 C&R license application through the ATF site.
While you are at it, don't forget to get a COE from the CA DOJ.

C&R FFL + COE = no 10 day wait on C&R firearms transfered from a CA FFL dealer.

jaq
01-31-2010, 9:22 AM
While you are at it, don't forget to get a COE from the CA DOJ.

C&R FFL + COE = no 10 day wait on C&R firearms transfered from a CA FFL dealer.

That is true for C&R handguns. There is no 10 day wait on long guns with a C&R license.

robertmcginley
01-31-2010, 10:27 AM
C O E ... What does this acronym stand for?

Experimentalist
01-31-2010, 11:39 AM
COE = Certificate of Eligibility.

It's a California State issued certificate, and only relevant to transactions within the State.

The Calguns Wiki on this is helpful: http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/index.php/Curio_and_Relic/Licensed_Collectors

Quiet
01-31-2010, 1:38 PM
That is true for C&R handguns. There is no 10 day wait on long guns with a C&R license.

You still need the COE for no 10 day wait on C&R long guns.

If you just have a C&R FFL and acquire a C&R long gun from a CA FFL dealer, you will have to do the 10 day wait.

The C&R FFL + COE is for all C&R firearms that are acquired from a CA FFL dealer.

Penal Code 12078
(t)(1) The waiting period described in Sections 12071 or 12072 shall not apply to the sale, delivery, loan, or transfer of a firearm that is a curio or relic, as defined in Section 478.11 of Title 27 of the Code of Federal Regulations, or its successor, by a dealer to a person who is licensed as a collector pursuant to Chapter 44 (commencing with Section 921) of Title 18 of the United States Code and the regulations issued pursuant thereto who has a current certificate of eligibility issued to him or her by the Department of Justice pursuant to Section 12071. On the date that the delivery, sale, or transfer is made, the dealer delivering the firearm shall transmit to the Department of Justice an electronic or telephonic report of the transaction as is indicated in subdivision (b) or (c) of Section 12077.

five.five-six
01-05-2015, 1:36 PM
Can I still cash and carry a C&R with someone known to me or has that been infringed upon?

Librarian
01-05-2015, 2:16 PM
Can I still cash and carry a C&R with someone known to me or has that been infringed upon?

That option went away Jan 1, 2014. Same bill that gave us DROS info collected on long guns.