PDA

View Full Version : SGL20-41 / Here's some pics of the new Rifle....

Trendkill
01-30-2010, 4:41 PM
It's an SGL20-41.

Russian made stamped receiver, 7.62x39 caliber, hammer forged chrome lined barrel, front sight block with bayonet lug and 24x1.5 right-hand threads, thread protector, standard mil-spec. handguards with stainless steel heat shield, 1000 meter rear sight leaf, scope rail.

I still havent fired it yet.....cant wait.

I have to admit...there is just something inherently evil about this rifle , and for that I am very pleased.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e181/necritan/IMG_5941.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e181/necritan/IMG_5946.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e181/necritan/IMG_5932.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e181/necritan/IMG_5936.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e181/necritan/IMG_5950.jpg

1forall
01-30-2010, 4:48 PM
nice...I'm thinking of adding one to my "must have" list.

OneApart
01-30-2010, 4:49 PM
Real Beaut, nice Roscoe.

VIGILANCE
01-30-2010, 4:57 PM
very nice

+1 inherently evil

Regulus
01-30-2010, 5:01 PM
Very nice... Congrats.

Looks like "Evil Has No Boundaries" ;)

bigthaiboy
01-30-2010, 5:09 PM
This must be your first AK. You sounded like you are describing your first-born child. :thumbsup:

Trendkill
01-30-2010, 5:12 PM
This must be your first AK. You sounded like you are describing your first-born child. :thumbsup:

Lol..

No....I have a Yugo UF too.....but this thing is special for some reason.

swerv512
01-30-2010, 7:21 PM
looks too scary for me to keep looking at... i dont want to have bad dreams.

marxdspot
01-30-2010, 7:51 PM
Nice. What did it run you? I thinx I'll pix one up.

Trendkill
01-30-2010, 8:06 PM
Nice. What did it run you? I thinx I'll pix one up.

I got it for 675....+ shipping off gunbroker. I made sure to ask the seller if he'd deal with CA sales before bidding. I made a bid and got it. Most of them on gunbroker are goin for around 880-900 bucks.

The hardest thing about getting these is that Arsenal wont sell to CA.....so you have to go through some sort of middle man. I found a good seller and he sent it direct to my FFL after taking off the pistol grip to make it legal. I got a Solar Tac lock from a buddy and now its all good.

bwiese
01-30-2010, 8:33 PM
The hardest thing about getting these is that Arsenal wont sell to CA.....so you have to go through some sort of middle man.

There are some very nice folks including a Calgunner at Arsenal. Had a nice chat with him at SHOT.

Things may change in the future. Be glad that many of the new guns are not named "SLG...." or "SLR...", which makes them off-list. That's even more important than whether they'd ship ;) - we can always find a cheap middleman or CA-friendly distributor these days ...

Trendkill
01-30-2010, 9:17 PM
There are some very nice folks including a Calgunner at Arsenal. Had a nice chat with him at SHOT.

Things may change in the future. Be glad that many of the new guns are not named "SLG...." or "SLR...", which makes them off-list. That's even more important than whether they'd ship ;) - we can always find a cheap middleman or CA-friendly distributor these days ...

Oh....cool...good to know a Calgunner is there at Arsenal.

I'm very glad they named them "SGL".... and yes...there are some cool middlemen out there. In fact...I think I established one on this purchase(out of Florida). I'm totally sure he'd do more of these deals , and I will try to talk him into getting on here and getting his name out. His price was fair....and he was a real nice guy over the phone.

Trendkill
01-31-2010, 2:40 PM
Well....it shot like a dream.

Before taking it out I gave it the customary check....ran the bore snake through the bore....lightly oiled all the internals...and worked the action a bit. Off to the range.

I wanted to give it a test with about 100 rounds of regular old Wolf FMJ's....and it ate em up and spit em out like nothin. It ejects the empties at a high 45 degrees about 10 yards out to my right. It is quite accurate as well. I tested it mostly at 50 yds to get a feel for it...and it tends to group at about an inch or so low left a bit. I went down the line and hit some 8"x 8" steel targets at 100 yds with no problem.....knocked one of the hanging steel targets totally off its hook and to the ground.

My gut tells me this thing could eat up thousands of rounds with sand in the dry action and still be achin for more. I am already very pleased with this rifle. Arsenal does a pretty good job of making these things look good too. The finish is pretty good and the sights are nice and straight (not common for AK's I hear.)

All in all...I really have to recommend this rifle if someone wants as close to a Russian AK-103 as money can buy reasonably.

69Mach1
01-31-2010, 2:55 PM
That's great to hear. I've shot about 6 Arsenal SGL series AK's and they were all exceptionally reliable. Great guns, and the muzzle brake really works well.

Trendkill
01-31-2010, 2:58 PM
That's great to hear. I've shot about 6 Arsenal SGL series AK's and they were all exceptionally reliable. Great guns, and the muzzle brake really works well.

OMG...yeah...forgot to mention the brake. It almost eliminated muzzle rise....worked real well.

turbochris
01-31-2010, 3:55 PM
had the pleasure of shooting one of these the other day and feels better than my lancaster. I think its the muzzle brake it makes for easy follow up shots. nice choice trend