PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetically...

hollabillz
01-30-2010, 5:22 PM
Is it legal to carry an unloaded OLL AR15 slung over your back at LAX outside of the sterile area? How about if you look Muslim?

HowardW56
01-30-2010, 5:26 PM
If you did, you'd be "Breaking News" on all of the LA area TV stations

hollabillz
01-30-2010, 5:32 PM
So it's legal and you get a book deal? :eek: Would UOC supporters praise you? Or do even they draw the line somewhere? I'm just trying to see how far doing stupid things just because they're legal goes... :p

HowardW56
01-30-2010, 5:34 PM
So it's legal and you get a book deal? :eek: Would UOC supporters praise you? Or do even they draw the line somewhere? I'm just trying to see how far doing stupid things just because they're legal goes... :p

I don't know if it is or not, that was just a comment

pullnshoot25
01-30-2010, 5:35 PM
It would be legal and if I were not so well known I would probably do it.

DedEye
If anyone is contemplating doing this, I hate you.

No link this time, I just hate you.

tyrist
Expect a prolonged detainment, Increased legislative work, and extremely bad press.

DedEye
01-30-2010, 5:37 PM
Expect a prolonged detainment, Increased legislative work, and extremely bad press.

And more than likely a few new holes in your body.

There are rare circumstances where I agree with the argument that "UOC will get you shot."

This is one of them.

pitchbaby
01-30-2010, 8:44 PM
I have heard from gun folk that LAX premises are federally owned, so it is NOT OK to carry there... even concealed with a permit. Can anyone verify ownership/control issue?

Meplat
01-30-2010, 10:27 PM

Have you considered hate management counseling?:p

Fate
01-30-2010, 10:52 PM
And more than likely a few new holes in your body.

There are rare circumstances where I agree with the argument that "UOC will get you shot."

This is one of them.
What if you're wearing an orange life preserver too? :D

jamesob
01-30-2010, 10:55 PM
triple dog dare you!

aplinker
01-30-2010, 10:57 PM
By the end of the incident the area would be declared a school zone, after they've taught you, repeatedly, how to eat pavement.

Riodog
01-30-2010, 11:36 PM
Just another example of why there should be an IQ or common sense test before people are allowed to post on this site.
Perfect example of why Calif. is such a mess.
This type of post disgusts me.
Rio

aplinker
01-31-2010, 1:37 AM
Just another example of why there should be an IQ or common sense test before people are allowed to post on this site.
Rio

You have quite the sensitive stomach.

hollabillz
01-31-2010, 1:49 AM
Rio

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I'm plenty intelligent, and even better, I don't get overly upset, offended, and cry over what some guy on the internet said. I wouldn't want that to be a pre-req to posting on this site though--it's too fun hearing people like you lose it over A JOKE. :p

For your own sake, I'll waste my time explaining this so you don't drive yourself crazy in the near future: I put "hypothetical" in the title, and in a follow-up post, I clarified that this was an extreme that could be compared to the UOC "movement". Why is there always one person out of 100 that goes overboard, taking an edgy post waayyy too seriously and starts throwing a tantrum over it? There's lots of illogical BS gun owners in this state have to deal with... Are you too unable to lighten up, take a break for a moment and have a chuckle at the irony of your situation? If not, nevermind, back to you wallowing in how a tongue-in-cheek calguns thread is the "perfect example of why CA is such a mess"

I hope this explanation has you less, err.. disgusted? hahaahahha, I apologize, reading your post makes me so grateful for people who have a sense of humor. :D

hollabillz
01-31-2010, 1:58 AM
Anyways... back to the topic...

I wonder, comparing this to the 1A, could this be likened to saying something is "da bomb" in the non-sterile area of an airport? It's not like yelling "fire" in a crowded theatre, no one is inherently hurt by it. However, it seems like anything done in a particularly "sensitive area" is subject to what would otherwise be a fundamental civil rights violation. Are searches, ie. frisks, random or otherwise, appropriate in the general area of airports?

If I was trying to stifle liberty, that's how I'd start anyways. First gun free schools, then gun free businesses, then gun free buildings, gun free streets, etc etc. What you can and can't do in places the government is especially cautious is an interesting barometer of liberty in a nation...

Just some food for thought. :)

Markinsac
01-31-2010, 2:04 AM
Is it legal to carry an unloaded OLL AR15 slung over your back at LAX outside of the sterile area?

Section 2.1 of the Los Angeles World Airports Rules and Regulations - item 5.

"Carriage of Firearms. No person, except authorized peace officers, post office and customs employees, or members of the armed forces of the United States on official duty shall carry any firearms and explosives at the Airport without permission. All persons other than those in the excepted classes shall, while at the Airport, surrender all such objects in their possession to the Airport Police Division."

They consider the entire airport premises as a no gun zone. I've heard that they search vehicles at random when entering the property - more than one person has gotten into a bit of trouble with them.

AndrewMendez
01-31-2010, 2:20 AM
What happened to that guy who had taken a friend to the airport right after the range, and they did a random search thru his car, and found half a dozen legal guns? Did it fall out of court because they did not have PC for a search? Or did some young DA, find some way to stick him with something?

bigcalidave
01-31-2010, 3:27 AM
That was Phil Dominguez, and he did ok in the end because Chuck Michel is a badass...

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=198633

That's the only reason he came out of it ok.

OP, hypothetically, that's the worst idea of 2010 :D

AndrewMendez
01-31-2010, 5:11 AM
That was Phil Dominguez, and he did ok in the end because Chuck Michel is a badass...

That's the only reason he came out of it ok.

OP, hypothetically, that's the worst idea of 2010 :D

Thank You.

vengerltc
01-31-2010, 9:23 AM
just because you can poke yourself in the eye with a fork does not mean you should.

Cpl. Haas
01-31-2010, 12:40 PM
While you're at it, might as well head on over to Compton with one of these signs on your back...

http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/3419/1238084894717.jpg

It's hypothetically legal... :rolleyes:

obeygiant
01-31-2010, 12:48 PM
This ^^^ is very true.

Kestryll
01-31-2010, 2:03 PM

I warned you the last time you posted this crap and here you are.

Goodbye.

Hopi
01-31-2010, 7:41 PM

Did you guys see that Phil was mentioned in the Best/Worst of 2009 article in last month's Car and Driver Magazine?

I can't find it online though...

hollabillz
01-31-2010, 10:28 PM
While you're at it, might as well head on over to Compton with one of these signs on your back...

http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/3419/1238084894717.jpg

It's hypothetically legal... :rolleyes:

Indeed. My point was to point out the irony of UOC, armed citizen's arrest, and not staying put when you hear scary noises outside. This is another fine example of what not to do just because it's hypothetically legal :D

hollabillz
01-31-2010, 10:30 PM
I warned you the last time you posted this crap and here you are.

Goodbye.

I think he was just joking :(

Lone_Gunman
01-31-2010, 10:39 PM
I think he was just joking :(

Stand clear of the ban hammer when its a-swingin' my friend. Stand clear.

M. Sage
01-31-2010, 10:45 PM
Section 2.1 of the Los Angeles World Airports Rules and Regulations - item 5.

"Carriage of Firearms. No person, except authorized peace officers, post office and customs employees, or members of the armed forces of the United States on official duty shall carry any firearms and explosives at the Airport without permission. All persons other than those in the excepted classes shall, while at the Airport, surrender all such objects in their possession to the Airport Police Division."

They consider the entire airport premises as a no gun zone. I've heard that they search vehicles at random when entering the property - more than one person has gotten into a bit of trouble with them.

Something tells me that Federal laws and regs on traveling with firearms trumps that.

If you fly into/out of LAX with a firearm, do you "surrender" it to the police when you enter/land at the airport? Or do you check your firearm at the counter/pick it up at baggage claim like every other place in the nation?

An unenforced rule is a non-rule.

bigcalidave
02-01-2010, 3:01 PM
I don't think that transport in a locked case counts as carry for that rule, Sage.

:angelsad2: Pour one out for our ded homie :(

AJAX22
02-01-2010, 3:04 PM
It would be legal if it was not considered a 'sensitive area'

Post incorporation I'd like to see UOC rifle events...

Seesm
02-01-2010, 7:58 PM
Ahhh this is the forum that did Deadeye in... Sorta sad...

It would be legal and if I were not so well known I would probably do it.

BTW how well known are you? I am NOT talking with the trunk monkies... :)