PDA

View Full Version : More Disgusting Facts About Oakland's New Proposed Ordinances! Can You Say Nepotism?

oaklander
01-30-2010, 3:54 PM
Holy crap! I could not write a screenplay with this much DRAMA!

As you may be aware, Oakland actually has ONE FFL.

It's this one:

www.akindustriesllc.com
Phone: 415-572-0885
Email: info@akindustriesllc.com
Adddress: 2969 E. 7th Street
Oakland, CA 94601

Now - if you read the Oakland proposed ordinances, you will note that the "Proposed Oakland Municipal Code Section Amendments to Chapter 5.26" will, in effect, make it difficult or even impossible for any additional FFLS to open in Oakland.

Well, here's the amazing part, and I am surprised the press hasn't picked it up yet - THE LONE OAKLAND FFL IS OWNED BY AN OAKLAND COP.

This is not speculation. This is from a trusted and reliable source.

That's right, an employee of the city of Oakland will reap the most benefits from at least one of these proposed ordinances!!!

When this hits the press (and it will, trust me) the crapstorm WILL be EPIC.

TO MAKE THINGS EVEN MORE FRICKEN AMAZING - THE CHIEF OF POLICE HAS FINAL SAY ON WHICH GUNSHOPS STAY OPEN IN OAKLAND AND WHICH DO NOT.

So - you've got a law that benefits ONE PERSON, and is enforced by his friends in the OPD.

Like I said, I can't make this kind of stuff up!!!

wildhawker
01-30-2010, 4:03 PM
Unreal, except this is gun policy in the Bay...

oaklander
01-30-2010, 4:05 PM
I predict a front page story. . .

;)

Unreal, except this is gun policy in the Bay...

oaklander
01-30-2010, 4:08 PM
Plot thickens:

Upon further reading it also states that this was submitted by

Jean Quan - Council Member District 4
Larry Reid - President Pro Tempore City Council
Anthony Batts - Chief of Police

And the previous ordinance was passed by

Doing a little favor for his friend, it appears. . .

CCWFacts
01-30-2010, 4:26 PM
When this hits the press (and it will, trust me) the crapstorm WILL be EPIC.

Unfortunately, I don't think anyone in Oakland will care. The entire city gov't there is full of stuff like that. Deborah Edgerly giving tips to her cousins in gangs was just one example, but it's rampant. Oakland voters have no problem with Nigerian-style government. That's why Oakland is what it is.

Remember after that animal shot four Oakland PD officers? If my own brother had done that, I would not attempt to defend him. But in Oakland, they had marches in support of him. IndyBay ran stories that treated him as a martyr.

I'm sorry but that's my view on Planet Oakland.

oaklander
01-30-2010, 4:28 PM
I tend to agree - that being said - there are strategic reasons why this is important. PM me if you want to know what they are.

Unfortunately, I don't think anyone in Oakland will care. The entire city gov't there is full of stuff like that. Deborah Edgerly giving tips to her cousins in gangs was just one example, but it's rampant. Oakland voters have no problem with Nigerian-style government. That's why Oakland is what it is.

Remember after that animal shot four Oakland PD officers? If my own brother had done that, I would not attempt to defend him. But in Oakland, they had marches in support of him. IndyBay ran stories that treated him as a martyr.

I'm sorry but that's my view on Planet Oakland.

M. Sage
01-30-2010, 7:12 PM
Surprising? Not especially.

jdberger
01-30-2010, 7:42 PM
has the press even noticed the pending ordinance?

edwardm
01-30-2010, 9:14 PM
Heh, nevermind my PM. I've been running through chapter 7 filings all day and the brain was stuck in 'fill in the blanks' mode.

Interesting how this proposed ordinance has a nice, big chunk of built-in and automatic FAIL. Are we sure they're *real* lawyers over at LCAV? Or did they just sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night?

I tend to agree - that being said - there are strategic reasons why this is important. PM me if you want to know what they are.

SJgunguy24
01-30-2010, 9:27 PM
Heh, nevermind my PM. I've been running through chapter 7 filings all day and the brain was stuck in 'fill in the blanks' mode.

Interesting how this proposed ordinance has a nice, big chunk of built-in and automatic FAIL. Are we sure they're *real* lawyers over at LCAV? Or did they just sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night?

Law degrees via correspondence courses based in Tijuana.:rolleyes:

I'm not a lawyer but I try to have my bases covered and triple check everything before jumping into anything. It sure seems to me that LCAV just throws sh*t at a wall to see what sticks. So what if it does nothing to help the honest citizens who are trying to survive.

oaklander
01-31-2010, 12:40 AM
LCAV did not vet this situation properly. They probably had NO IDEA that the law would benefit ONE PERSON, and that ONE PERSON is employed by the very PERSON WHO IMPLEMENTS THAT LAW.

Appears there may also be some other problems here as well. Details to follow. . .

bigcalidave
01-31-2010, 2:23 AM
What an amazing coincidence!!!

oaklander
01-31-2010, 2:33 AM
It actually sounds like something that you might read in a Kafka novel. . .

What an amazing coincidence!!!

1911_sfca
01-31-2010, 6:25 AM
Sorry to rain on your parade, but I'm going to have to vote for "no one will care."This is the Bay Area.

edwardm
01-31-2010, 6:58 AM
Yeah. That's called "not doing your homework."

When the swelling goes down and the throbbing stops, will LCAV have learned a valuable lesson? Probably not, but we can always dream.

LCAV did not vet this situation properly. They probably had NO IDEA that the law would benefit ONE PERSON, and that ONE PERSON is employed by the very PERSON WHO IMPLEMENTS THAT LAW.

Appears there may also be some other problems here as well. Details to follow. . .

paladin4415
01-31-2010, 7:10 AM
It is amazing that a working Police Officer is ALLOWED to own a police regulated business. I believe most cities have regulations against such things, just so their are no conflict of interest issues. Oakland is truly a "special" place.

bodger
01-31-2010, 7:37 AM
Sorry to rain on your parade, but I'm going to have to vote for "no one will care."This is the Bay Area.

I would expect about the same thing if that happened here in Los Angeles.
Guns are bad, so who cares if rights get trampled and public employees benefit from it. It means the public will be safer, right?

wildhawker
01-31-2010, 9:05 AM
LCAV is going to find that there is no stone which will remain unturned, no proposal that will go unchallenged and no place in California where the Calguns/NRA/CRPA coalition cannot find and bury them.

"You wanna play rough?"

oaklander
01-31-2010, 10:15 AM
LOL, I will make them care when I bring this up in front of the media on Tuesday at the City Council Meeting.

bodger
01-31-2010, 5:49 PM
LOL, I will make them care when I bring this up in front of the media on Tuesday at the City Council Meeting.

Any chance of getting to see that on YouTube?

tuolumnejim
01-31-2010, 6:00 PM

Hmm, I don't have anything to do that day. :D

pingpong
01-31-2010, 7:08 PM
Whoa, there's an FFL in Oakland?

7x57
01-31-2010, 8:31 PM
It actually sounds like something that you might read in a Kafka novel. . .

:rofl:

Not given up bringing culture to the hoi-polloi?

7x57

obeygiant
01-31-2010, 8:33 PM
Hmm, I don't have anything to do that day. :D

can you provide the CGN video support so that it can be posted to youtube for the rest of us that are unable to attend?

Cali-V
01-31-2010, 8:46 PM
Knowing Oakland politics like I do...
This may create an opportunity for a favored second or few FFL's in Oakland...

No that would be selfish...

oaklander
01-31-2010, 10:15 PM
Hmm. . .

Good idea!

Any chance of getting to see that on YouTube?

obeygiant
01-31-2010, 10:25 PM
Hmm. . .

Good idea!

Looks like they've already done the work for us. Live streaming of Oakland City Council Meetings (http://www2.oaklandnet.com/Government/o/CityCouncil/s/VideoArchive/index.htm) can be found here:

Windows Media

Primary (http://oakland.granicus.com/ASX.php?publish_id=2&sn=oakland.granicus.com)
Alternate (mms://helixVideoSvr.oaklandnet.com/wmtencoder/live.wmv)

Real Player Users (http://helixvideosvr.oaklandnet.com/ramgen/broadcast/encoderstream.rm)

oaklander
01-31-2010, 10:32 PM
Nice find!

Looks like they've already done the work for us. Live streaming of Oakland City Council Meetings (http://www2.oaklandnet.com/Government/o/CityCouncil/s/VideoArchive/index.htm) can be found here:

Windows Media

Primary (http://oakland.granicus.com/ASX.php?publish_id=2&sn=oakland.granicus.com)

Real Player Users (http://helixvideosvr.oaklandnet.com/ramgen/broadcast/encoderstream.rm)

Cokebottle
01-31-2010, 10:34 PM
Are we talking about Oakland or Chicago?

IGOTDIRT4U
02-01-2010, 7:04 AM
Question is, was this FFL in it's current state when JB was Mayor? Maybe it's time he chimed in.

bodger
02-01-2010, 8:08 AM

Windows Media

Hmm. . .

Good idea!

All righty then Oak, get ready for your close-up! :D
This should be the stuff of legends.