PDA

View Full Version : My 10 rnd mag fits 12!

Fastattack
01-30-2010, 12:30 PM
I built a Stag 1H over Christmas. I bought C Products 1020 mags which hold 10 rounds but are the size of 20 round mags. We noticed that the 10 rnd mags can be stuffed with 12 rnds. Two questions: Is this normal? Should I not use them?

lorax3
01-30-2010, 12:34 PM
From a personal standpoint I would not feel safe using them in a situation where use may trigger Assault Weapon status.

There may be a defense in that you ordered them commercially as 10/20's and they hold 12. Not a game I am willing to play.

You can try and contact CProducts for a replacement. The fun part is, since they are now large-capacity magazines you cannot ship them back.

Disassembly may be an option depending on the process that was used to 'permanently' alter them.

Tarn_Helm
01-30-2010, 12:41 PM
I built a Stag 1H over Christmas. I bought C Products 1020 mags which hold 10 rounds but are the size of 20 round mags. We noticed that the 10 rnd mags can be stuffed with 12 rnds. Two questions: Is this normal? Should I not use them?

You are not saying that you illegally loaded 12 live rounds into a magazine are you?

You are saying that you loaded "dummy rounds" into the magazine in order to test it.

Right?

In other words, you are not confessing to a crime on the internet, are you?
:eek::shock::kest:

DedEye
01-30-2010, 12:59 PM
You are not saying that you illegally loaded 12 live rounds into a magazine are you?

You are saying that you loaded "dummy rounds" into the magazine in order to test it.

Right?

No he's not.

You're wrong.

I hate you. (http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/index.php/FAQ#Is_possession_of_a_large_capacity_magazine_ill egal.3F)

OP: Don't use that magazine in any firearm equipped with a bullet button. (http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/index.php/FAQ#Use_of_large-capacity_magazines_in_.22Bullet_Buttoned.22_firear ms)

You can and probably should contact C Products about replacing it, but the other option since you legally acquired a large capacity magazine would be to now rebuild it into a fully functioning one. (http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/index.php/FAQ#Can_I_change_the_capacity_of_my_large-capacity_magazine_when_I_rebuild_it.3F)

Wildhawk66
01-30-2010, 1:16 PM
LOL,

Dedeye nailed it.

No crime committed unless he loaded that 12 round mag into a bullet button rifle which I'm sure wasn't the case.

Contact C-products regarding a replacement.

Tarn_Helm
01-30-2010, 1:28 PM
No he's not.

You're wrong.

I hate you. (http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/index.php/FAQ#Is_possession_of_a_large_capacity_magazine_ill egal.3F)

OP: Don't use that magazine in any firearm equipped with a bullet button. (http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/index.php/FAQ#Use_of_large-capacity_magazines_in_.22Bullet_Buttoned.22_firear ms)

You can and probably should contact C Products about replacing it, but the other option since you legally acquired a large capacity magazine would be to now rebuild it into a fully functioning one. (http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/index.php/FAQ#Can_I_change_the_capacity_of_my_large-capacity_magazine_when_I_rebuild_it.3F)

You "hate" me?

:online2long:

Hm.

Not good.

Hate unhinges an otherwise sane person's mind.

Having never met or interacted with you (to my knowledge) until you wrote that to me, I would have considered you and I to be on the same side.

But I do want to avoid you from this moment forward.

Since this is not my forum, it is not my place to advise you to confine your expressions of hate to personal messages or other forms of personal, direct communication.

However, please do not attempt to contact or communicate with me from this moment forward.

Verbum sapienti satis est.

Go in peace with the understanding that whatever I wrote that you feel to be hateworthy probably isn't.

Life is too short.

I'm off to take a long, relaxing hike in the bright sunshine. I hope everyone will do the same as often as possible . . . or necessary.
:chillpill:

DedEye
01-30-2010, 1:28 PM
You "hate" me?

Hm.

Not good.

Having never met or interacted with you (to my knowledge) until you wrote that to me, I would have considered you and I to be on the same side.

Since this is not my forum, it is not my place to advise you to confine your expressions of hate to personal messages or other forms of personal, direct communication.

However, please do not attempt to contact or communicate with me from this moment forward.

Go in peace with the understanding that whatever I wrote that you feel to be hateworthy probably isn't.

Life is too short.

I'm off to take a long, relaxing hike in the bright sunshine. I hope everyone will do the same as often as possible . . . or necessary.

Don't take the hate comment personally. I use it whenever someone misses an opportunity to link to the FAQ.

=Mike=
01-30-2010, 1:56 PM
Lol

supersteve9219
01-30-2010, 2:04 PM
Don't take the hate comment personally. I use it whenever someone misses an opportunity to link to the FAQ.

He must not get sarcasm.

hollabillz
01-30-2010, 2:11 PM
that response was painful to read :rofl:

Lateralus
01-30-2010, 2:14 PM
Classic.

SJgunguy24
01-30-2010, 2:15 PM
You "hate" me?

Hm.

Not good.

Life is too short.

He hates everybody, he even kicks his cat on occasion.

Purple K
01-30-2010, 2:23 PM

Kicking his cat ain't the worst part, he often chokes his chicken!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

DedEye
01-30-2010, 2:26 PM

That is patently untrue.

Kicking his cat ain't the worst part, he often chokes his chicken!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

This is far more accurate.

I still hate both of you though.

Fastattack
01-30-2010, 2:42 PM
Of course I didn't load the mag into the firearm. I'm not *that* stupid. I wasn't even the one who loaded the mag. For all I know, the gun might not even be able to strip a round out of it. So, I got the answer to question b, but question a is still open. If you tried hard enough could you get more than 10 rnds into the mag?

DedEye
01-30-2010, 2:51 PM
Of course I didn't load the mag into the firearm. I'm not *that* stupid. I wasn't even the one who loaded the mag. For all I know, the gun might not even be able to strip a round out of it. So, I got the answer to question b, but question a is still open. If you tried hard enough could you get more than 10 rnds into the mag?

No, it isn't normal.

Being able to reliably feed isn't a requirement to define a large capacity magazine.

Just to be consistent, I hate you.

Window_Seat
01-30-2010, 3:36 PM
It was facetious...:p

Erik.

Ronco
01-30-2010, 3:49 PM
No he's not.

You're wrong.

I hate you... Since you made me laugh out loud. Now I have to explain to my wife why I'm laughing:
Her: "Whats so funny"
Me: "Nothing"
Her: "Gun guy stuff"
Me: "Yup"
Her: Walking away shaking her head muttering "Oh brother"

DedEye
01-30-2010, 3:49 PM
I hate you... Since you made me laugh out loud. Now I have to explain to my wife why I'm laughing:
Her: "Whats so funny"
Me: "Nothing"
Her: "Gun guy stuff"
Me: "Yup"
Her: Walking away shaking her head muttering "Oh brother"

At least SOMEONE has a sense of humor.

CnCFunFactory
01-30-2010, 4:09 PM

:iagree: and I don't even know him. :D

bigcalidave
01-30-2010, 4:48 PM

Right?

You "hate" me?

Hm.

Not good.

Life is too short.

Another classic "dedeyed" friend.

http://cdn3.knowyourmeme.com/i/7588/original/tactical_facepalm.jpg

DedEye
01-30-2010, 4:50 PM
Perhaps I need my own smiley. :dedeye: could show an "I hate you" smiley.

EBR Works
01-30-2010, 6:18 PM
Like this?

http://www.messentools.com/images/emoticones/mensajes/www.MessenTools.com-Mensajes-big-14.gif

From this page:

http://www.messentools.com/en/msn-emoticon-details-and-download/id/398/

DedEye
01-30-2010, 7:02 PM
Nah I don't like that one.

Lone_Gunman
01-30-2010, 7:15 PM
I think dedeye needs to have the subtitle under his name say "I hate you."

DedEye
01-30-2010, 7:31 PM
I think dedeye needs to have the subtitle under his name say "I hate you."

I was going for "The Liberian" but I agree.