View Full Version : Out of spec bullet button?

01-30-2010, 10:34 AM
I recently recieved my bb the other day and tried installing it. This is actually the third reciever I've done but this time I was having trouble with the bb. As far as the insertion of the bb, the smaller hole goes into the reciever while the bigger hole faces out, right? But the bb I recieved is manufactured the opposite, the bigger hole side fits into the reciever but the smaller hole will not go inside properly. (as far as the directions the smaller goes inside). So am I a complete dumbass or is there something wring with my bb?

01-30-2010, 11:03 AM
Which bullet button do you have?

01-30-2010, 11:07 AM
sounds like you may have an early BB which was designed with a flare on the "small hole" side that is designed to be a friction fit into the receiver. IIRC, the direction mentioned that you could lightly file the flare down to better help it slide into the receiver.

01-30-2010, 11:12 AM
Yes, if you have that version, the key is to lightlly file the flare down because too much will make it useless. Don't ask me how I know. :)

01-30-2010, 11:17 AM
Id go as far as to recommend sanding as opposed to using a file.

01-30-2010, 2:12 PM
Id go as far as to recommend sanding as opposed to using a file.

It doesn't matter. If you take off too much, you won't see it and it won't affect function.

01-30-2010, 3:56 PM
Thanks right now I'm emailing the vendor for a resolution to exchange. It's the original bb by the way

01-30-2010, 4:12 PM
I've noticed some BBs fitting a little tighter lately, and I had a customer come in today, and say the same thing about his BB on a Spikes lower. Its an easy fix, as already mentioned, take a file to it, until it fits, and inserts freely. Its a little unsightly, but it will be inside the receiver anyway..