PDA

View Full Version : M1A M14 10/20 mags available anywhere...?

cmaher55
01-30-2010, 10:27 AM
Folks, I was wondering if anybody knows a company that makes 10/20 M1A mags for CA customers....? I know this has been asked before in this thread.....

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/archive/index.php/t-140460.html

....but I just want to buy the complete mag to keep things simple and stay out of the "grey" area of purchasing rebuild kits from out of state. I do have 20 round mags I have had for ages and I have no desire to convert those to 10 rounders. Regards

cmaher55
01-31-2010, 11:02 AM
Anybody...? Or has anyone bought the repair kits for M14/M1A mags...? Thanks

Blacktail 8541
01-31-2010, 11:29 AM
Go to 44mag.com and buy repair kits and do the mods yourself.

UBFRAGD
01-31-2010, 11:31 AM
I do a fair bit of browsing and shopping and I've never seen an M1A 10/20. Doesn't mean it doesn't exist though. Sometimes when I am shooting my M1A in my dreams it is fed with pmags....

this guy (http://tacticallyarmedcitizen.com/) had a bunch of M14/M1A stuff get in touch with him

cmaher55
01-31-2010, 3:29 PM
Go to 44mag.com and buy repair kits and do the mods yourself.

That's basically the idea on the thread I referenced in my original post. Buy the parts, have the vendor ship them unassembled to CA, and use them only to rebuild your existing mags. I just want to keep everything 100% legal and within the letter of CA law. Is this a "grey" area in the eyes of the CA DOJ...? Regards

gn3hz3ku1*
01-31-2010, 3:55 PM
i dont get it.. if you had 20 rders for ages.. why don't you just use those?

cmaher55
01-31-2010, 7:12 PM
i dont get it.. if you had 20 rders for ages.. why don't you just use those?

My uncle gave me several M14 mags back in the late 60's or early 70's when I was a kid... I had them in my "junk box" for decades. I ended up buying an M1A back around 2001. So my M1A is a "post ban" rifle but my mags are "pre ban". I think there might be a problem using my 20 round mags in a post ban rifle....? Not sure of the letter of the law here but I don't want to give the state an excuse to take away my right to keep and bear arms. Regards

wolfcreek
01-31-2010, 7:17 PM
An M1A Is NOT a post ban rifle because there was never a ban on them! You can use your M1A any where any time with the 20's you have possesed that were pre ban mags as well as any ten rounder. Correct me if i am wrong. BTW an M1A is NOT an assault rifle.

Vinz
01-31-2010, 7:24 PM
correct, just make sure the flash hider was replaced for a brake.

Use them mags.

vinz

cmaher55
01-31-2010, 7:36 PM
Thanks guys, I'll quit worrying and use them....! I just don't like to get hassled at the range. On more than one occasion I have been rudely interupted at the bench by some know it all that says I am doing something illegal using 30 round mags in my AK. I try to politely tell them I have had the gun since 1987 and I am perfectly legal using them in my AK. For some reason they like to argue with me.... I politely excuse myself and try to ignore them.... Always funny to see them shake their heads as they walk away... I am getting kinda tired, at age 49, of being treated like a wet nosed kid at the range by all of the "experts" who like to intrerupt my range time. Regards

wolfcreek
01-31-2010, 7:46 PM
Your are talking apples or oranges here. The AK is considered an assault rifle unlike the M1A. The AK is only legal to use in its original state if it is registered to YOU. This had to be done during the grace period. At the time of banning certain weapons. If you did not register it it would then be illegal as the AK (in its original state and manufacture) for you to use or own.

wolfcreek
01-31-2010, 7:48 PM
It might even be wise to carry a copy of the letter from the sec. of state in CA which you had to get upon registration with you when you take the weapon out. Not sure here but it might even be a requirement. (i might also be wrong on this one)

cmaher55
01-31-2010, 9:02 PM
Thanks guys, I grudgingly registered my AK way back when under the Roberti Roos act and I have carried a copy of my registration (micro copy) in my wallet since about 1992, just in case. Regards

gn3hz3ku1*
02-01-2010, 10:47 AM
Thanks guys, I grudgingly registered my AK way back when under the Roberti Roos act and I have carried a copy of my registration (micro copy) in my wallet since about 1992, just in case. Regards

you also registered it with the CA doj right? isnt robert roos at the fed level?

wolfcreek
02-01-2010, 10:56 AM
Roberti Roos is a California state law