PDA

View Full Version : “How to Get a Grenade Launcher”

JohnnyRooks
01-30-2010, 2:42 AM
According to this piece, aired recently on the ABC Evening News with Diane Sawyer, Grenade Launchers are as simple to purchase as picking up a phone.:D

http://news.yahoo.com/video/world-15749633/17848861

GoingPro
01-30-2010, 2:48 AM
media is garbage.

DedEye
01-30-2010, 3:22 AM
Also a :dupe: of a thread in 2A.

Social Casualty
01-30-2010, 7:28 AM
This would be your best luck.

http://www.lewismachine.net/product.php?p=212&cid=10&session=84baab3cdf9ea377c0894a59fb1d9b75

Maddog5150
01-30-2010, 7:35 AM
1600 bucks for a POS that doesnt even work and adds weight to your rifle? Who the hell would buy that?

Ballistic043
01-30-2010, 8:02 AM
they do launch flares dont they?

but i do think the price is ridiculous. even if you argue paying for quality, the cost of that dummy flare launcher-for 1600 you can build up a fairly nice rifle.

BUT, as useless and impractical it may be, LMT still makes quality stuff.

CHS
01-30-2010, 8:22 AM
It's pretty easy to actually get a legit 40mm M203.

The receivers are just title 1 firearms, and the barrels are not restricted.

KING_PALM
01-30-2010, 8:29 AM
i remember seeing spikes m203s at ammo bros for 350 or so a while ago.

i wanted one!!!

nrakid88
01-30-2010, 8:30 AM

Is there constructive possesion on those bad boys?

But still, even if you bought the reciever and barrel and internals, where in the hell is someone going to get 40mm grenades.

CHS
01-30-2010, 8:38 AM
Is there constructive possesion on those bad boys?

Oh of course. Big time.

But still, even if you bought the reciever and barrel and internals, where in the hell is someone going to get 40mm grenades.

And that's the biggest part of the stupid hack piece that they never address. I would be willing to bet that any criminal who actually has access to something as restricted as grenades, can probably get the grenade launcher without going to google and buying from some online seller.

B Strong
01-30-2010, 8:51 AM
When it comes to anything NFA, the media has no idea about what they're talking about and they misinform by omission and commission.

The whole idea is to bamboozle the uninfomed and get them flapped up enough to complain to the legislature, who can then whip out a law that does nothing but makes themselves look good.

The DRis
01-30-2010, 10:54 AM
Thank you Dupe moniter Dead Eye for being on top of things....

*sarcasm off*

aplinker
01-30-2010, 3:40 PM
I had a GL on my NFA buy list, until I realized every grenade has to be registered as a DD. Too much money.

Trendkill
01-30-2010, 6:22 PM
I find it funny (not really) that in every sh** hole second rate country around the world...people are runnin around with RPG's and all sorts of stuff , yet here , in a country with the 2A.....the best we have are semi-auto versions of our standard Military Rifle's.

WTF..???

Hayashi Killian
01-30-2010, 10:11 PM
I had a GL on my NFA buy list, until I realized every grenade has to be registered as a DD. Too much money.
Yep, that's it right there. $200 for a DD isn't a bad deal, except then you don't realize that every round you're popping out of it costs around $250 ($50 for the round + $200 for stamp). That's not including the launcher itself. A 37mm launcher is just as fun (minus the "bang"), and far cheaper to own + shoot.

CHS
01-31-2010, 7:30 AM

But you can still have non-exploding anti-personel rounds without registering them :)

Rob454
01-31-2010, 7:44 AM

Ok say it is easy to get the parts to build one. UNLESS you can get some grenades all you have is a bunch of weight on the front of your rifle. And getting/stealing it from the military is not easy. Im sure anything is possible but the media makes it sound liek everyone is out ordering grenade launchers.

If the media was fair they would say that the actual grenades ( which BTW dear audience) are the actual things that can hurt you are not available at every street corner gun shop. In fact theire really hard to get.
This is pretty much like having a Ferrari in your garage but no gas to drive it. Thank you for watching our 5 minutes of drivel and BS

I bet 99% of those "grenade launchers" were either real ones that were made into inoperable ones, flare launchers or air soft.

superjc
01-31-2010, 8:13 AM
Has an M203 ever been used in a crime in the USA since they were invented? What's the "story" here? .... DRAMATIC ARSENEL.... lol I have one of those in my pants... I never watch TV so when I see these "news" clips containing less-than-half-truths spouted by bad actors/actresses it really is a pathetic spectacle to behold.

belt fed frog
01-31-2010, 8:58 AM
But you can still have non-exploding anti-personel rounds without registering them :)

i hate to tell you but Anti Personnel rounds and a 37mm launcher that fits them ARE a DD , AP is defined as batons(wood or rubber,foam) , rubber buckshot ,Beanbags. any intentional direct impact use ammo with a 37mm makes it a DD and subject to NFA registration of the launcher .
you have a 37mm launcher and some where you have a rubber baton round in a box or under a pile of stuff , you are guilty of an unregistered DD and will get 3 squares and a cot for 10 years at the Fed Pen

now gas( CS,CN ,OC) Smoke ,Flare , chalk (homemade this is a bit of a grey area) home made pyro except exploding are legal and fun :D

KNOW the law or be serving time (this is federal law i dont know about CA law)

P.S. a 37mm launcher is Not a firearm under federal law or most state laws and requires no FFL to log it

B Strong
01-31-2010, 11:12 AM

Correct, and there are no legal HE rounds to be had in any case, tax stamp or not.

CHS
02-01-2010, 6:40 AM
i hate to tell you but Anti Personnel rounds and a 37mm launcher that fits them ARE a DD , AP is defined as batons(wood or rubber,foam) , rubber buckshot ,Beanbags. any intentional direct impact use ammo with a 37mm makes it a DD and subject to NFA registration of the launcher .
you have a 37mm launcher and some where you have a rubber baton round in a box or under a pile of stuff , you are guilty of an unregistered DD and will get 3 squares and a cot for 10 years at the Fed Pen

Next time, you should probably actually read the context in which I replied. Aplinker was talking about wanting a 203 on his NFA buy list until he found out each grenade needed to be registered as a DD as well as the launcher.

If you have a registered DD (like a 37mm flare launcher that's been NFA'ed, or a 203) you can use non-exploding anti-personal rounds WITHOUT registering the individual rounds.

I never said or implied that it was kosher to use them in a non-registered 37mm.

This thread is about GRENADE LAUNCHERS. Not flare launchers.

Chk Chk Boom
02-01-2010, 6:53 AM
I find it funny (not really) that in every sh** hole second rate country around the world...people are runnin around with RPG's and all sorts of stuff , yet here , in a country with the 2A.....the best we have are semi-auto versions of our standard Military Rifle's.

WTF..???

Well, what's REALLY funny is how the little picture of in the corner when the piece first starts is of some terrorist with an RPG which is completely different than a grenade launcher... :rolleyes:

PRODRIVE
02-01-2010, 7:28 AM

tell me more:)

CHS
02-01-2010, 8:00 AM
tell me more:)

I leave figuring out how to get a real M203 w/40mm barrel as an exercise to the reader.

taloft
02-01-2010, 8:06 AM
Diane Sawyer appears fascinated by a man with , "...a dramatic arsenal of big, killer, weapons."

Possible proof that Diane Sawyer needs to get laid?

See, it's not real hard to pull something out of context and spin it for your own agenda. This is doubly true if you're a journalist with no integrity.

sd1023x
02-01-2010, 1:03 PM
http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/9530/decomisofronteracomalap.jpg

Mexico! Thanks mil photos.net.

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?156820-Weapons-seized-from-Drug-Cartels-by-Mexico-s-Military-LE-%28updates%29/page13

PRODRIVE
02-01-2010, 9:30 PM
I leave figuring out how to get a real M203 w/40mm barrel as an exercise to the reader.

pm sent