PDA

View Full Version : Anyone neaish Modesto willing to help build my first AR with me?

BRANDON7766
01-29-2010, 9:42 PM
let me start off by saying I am new to shooting, I purchased a Glock 17 a few months back and fell in love with the hobby. I want to step up into an AR platform and then a precision Rifle. I am a 31 year old professional but I honestly have no tools or experience with them. Numbers and spreadsheets are great but I am simply not handy. I am willing to travel to you say from Merced to Lodi and up to Livermore...I know I can pay a local gunsmith like 50 bucks but I would rather LEARN how to do this by having someone show me first hand...I did purchase a second OLL to use someday and dont want to be out in the dark. If anyone is interested, let me know, I believe I have everything to put one together by the end of next week when my OLLs get out of jail. I can even bring some ammo if this can be done at a range and we can shoot it up afterwords....thanks for replies/PMs

edit: I have a spikes tactical lower with the punisher symbol, a DD XV upper, a DD XV 12" rail the one from the M4, a DD LPK and will be ordering the rest soon.

spencerhut
01-29-2010, 10:37 PM
Do you have a bullet button or are you going featureless?
The tools you need are minimal, I have all the stuff and have done several already and would be happy to help. I am a little ways down the road though. Lets see if someone close by volunteers.

recar
01-29-2010, 11:12 PM
Hey , I am willing to give you a hand. I live in Gustine but work in Ceres. P.m. me and we'll see what floats. Bob.

jksupplyco
01-30-2010, 9:44 AM
If you want to make a drive up to Ione, I'd be happy to walk you through the process, I've got all the tools, and can provide assistance if needed..

BroncoBob
01-30-2010, 9:45 AM
If you want to make a drive up to Ione, I'd be happy to walk you through the process, I've got all the tools, and can provide assistance if needed..

+1 for Ryan