PDA

View Full Version : Problem with my Sporter make over

Afterburnt
01-29-2010, 6:48 PM
I pretty much finished my RAW Colt Sporter redo. I guess I stuck about $2500 of crap on it and managed to make it fit but the the Saber M3 upper I put on it is real tight and the rear pin needs "excessive force" to pull it out to clean it. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to smooth it out so I can just use my fingers to take it down, I have the pin with the protruding knob on it but not the pull ring. I did a light polish with a Dremel at the risk of taking too much meat off of it and dont want to go any further.

Thanks

264charlie
01-29-2010, 8:13 PM
If you are uncomfortable working on it call a smith... If you are in SoCal Randall (AR15barrels) is on the best.

dlkk
01-30-2010, 12:21 AM
Do you have a large hole lower and using a offset pivot pin adapter to use a small hole upper?
Try to reinstall the offset pin, there is a sweet spot where everything lines up correctly. It happened to me.

Hopes this helps

Afterburnt
01-30-2010, 1:08 PM
Do you have a large hole lower and using a offset pivot pin adapter to use a small hole upper?
Try to reinstall the offset pin, there is a sweet spot where everything lines up correctly. It happened to me.

Hopes this helps

Exactly.
I am a bit apprehensive about removing the offset pin as it took me hours to get the damned thing in!

tiger222
01-30-2010, 1:12 PM
The offset pin should be a pretty straight foward install, sounds like you are in a off spot with it, or the Sabre and Colt don't match up. The other option is to get a cordless drill and put a drill bit in the rear take down pin hole of the upper and remove a small amount of material. Use a bit that is just slightly small than the hole. Go slow and only remove very little and keep retesting until you get there. If that is too much pucker factor, take it to a good smith like Randall.

dlkk
01-30-2010, 11:25 PM
Ok, take out the nut and reinstall it with the upper pivoted open. See if that works if you don't want to take out the pin