View Full Version : Selling Long Gun to Out of State FFL

01-29-2010, 3:38 PM
How would this work?

What would I need to ship my long gun to an out of state FFL? I'm also supposed to transfer the gun to the individual, so how would it work?

01-29-2010, 4:01 PM
Providing the gun is not an AW, ship the gun directly to the FFL in question, with a notation "For transfer to Bob Jones, from Bill Smith".

All that's needed.

Handguns cannot be shipped via US Mail, though rifles can.

Declare the shipment as a firearm to your shipper, let them know recipient is an FFL if they question you. May be helpful to have a printout from the ATF E-Z-Check website.

01-29-2010, 4:09 PM
In the FAQ: Can I ship a rifle or shotgun direct to an FFL if I don't have an FFL?
(http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/index.php/FAQ#Can_I_ship_a_rifle_or_shotgun_direct_to_an_FFL _if_I_don.27t_have_an_FFL.3F)