PDA

View Full Version : Peet's and CPK tell Open Carry customers: No guns allowed

bender152
01-29-2010, 3:23 PM
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/scavenger/detail?entry_id=56281

GrizzlyGuy
01-29-2010, 3:27 PM
Before somebody says this is a dupe, as was said about this thread (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=264369), please note that it IS NOT a dupe. Similar information was reported in a new newspaper (this time in SF) and folks should read the comments for this new article. They are vastly/overwhelmingly negative, vs. a more balanced set of comments in the prior publications of this same information in other media. :(

ETA: There are now 616 comments. This morning when there were only about 200, I read each and every one and was going to post up a summary in the now-closed thread. Trust me, the overall tone of these comments is significantly more negative/hostile, and Peets now has lots of new customers (at least in the SF area where this story ran).

stag1500
01-29-2010, 3:30 PM
Oh well. At least there's plenty of Starbucks in this state. :D

ke6guj
01-29-2010, 3:51 PM
Before somebody says this is a dupe, as was said about this thread (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=264369), please note that it IS NOT a dupe. Similar information was reported in a new newspaper (this time in SF) and folks should read the comments for this new article. They are vastly/overwhelmingly negative, vs. a more balanced set of comments in the prior publications of this same information in other media. :(

ETA: There are now 616 comments. This morning when there were only about 200, I read each and every one and was going to post up a summary in the now-closed thread. Trust me, the overall tone of these comments is significantly more negative/hostile, and Peets now has lots of new customers (at least in the SF area where this story ran).its still a dupe of that thread that you linked to. And that thread was ruled a dupe by the head janitor. This info should have been added to the existing Peet's thread, http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=262224&highlight=peets

pingpong
01-29-2010, 3:56 PM
ETA: There are now 616 comments. This morning when there were only about 200, I read each and every one and was going to post up a summary in the now-closed thread. Trust me, the overall tone of these comments is significantly more negative/hostile, and Peets now has lots of new customers (at least in the SF area where this story ran).

Yeah, partly because of some grade-A moron posting as "HiPlains". I wonder if he's a CGer. Way to divide the pro-2A side.

ElvenSoul
01-29-2010, 4:02 PM
Zales won't let you enter their stores either.

Window_Seat
01-29-2010, 4:19 PM
Before we all know it, we will end up starving to death from boycotting all the restaurants, coffee houses, grocery stores, department stores, etc. Should we all boycott the fire department if our houses catch on fire because we can't UOC in the firehouse?

Guys, gals, there's got to be a better way... Can we be remotely patient and wait for some of the cases that are up & coming to get ruled on? There is lots of optimism, so it would be foolish to go out and start boycotting this and that. It doesn't do much for our cause.

Erik.

bulgron
01-29-2010, 4:32 PM
Before we all know it, we will end up starving to death from boycotting all the restaurants, coffee houses, grocery stores, department stores, etc. Should we all boycott the fire department if our houses catch on fire because we can't UOC in the firehouse?

Guys, gals, there's got to be a better way... Can we be remotely patient and wait for some of the cases that are up & coming to get ruled on? There is lots of optimism, so it would be foolish to go out and start boycotting this and that. It doesn't do much for our cause.

Erik.

It would appear that, like my children right around Christmas time, patience is in short supply for some members of the pro-2A community.

GrizzlyGuy
01-29-2010, 4:39 PM
its still a dupe of that thread that you linked to. And that thread was ruled a dupe by the head janitor. This info should have been added to the existing Peet's thread, http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=262224&highlight=peets

That's fine, but the Peet's thread is down in Off Topic, and the "right people" and UOC proponents/opponents might not see it down there. The comments on this new article (now up to 747) represent new data, and that new data may have significance for strategic and tactical planning going forward (e.g., I'd think that that the chance of emergency legislative action just got significantly higher, since many pro-2A gun owners have posted negative comments).

I'll simply respectfully suggest that a thread exist up here in 2A, that clarifies that this is new and possibly significant data, even if it is closed and points to Off Topic for discussion.

lazyworm
01-29-2010, 4:40 PM
While I understand it's a business decision, but why now? Why so many in such
a small time frame?

I mean, why would their legal dept suddenly decide that they need to post
these signs up? Did they get a nudge-nudge from some brady-types? In
my limited experience, legal dept are usually not proactive in doing anything.

Can our lawyers send them a counter nudge-nudge?

corrupt
01-29-2010, 4:44 PM
Why do you think businesses are putting up these signs? People complain, and the business believes... it's bad for business

dantodd
01-29-2010, 4:48 PM
"Dear Criminals,

Peet's Coffee is a no self-defense zone. Do not fear for your life if you choose to rob this store."