PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Argument for the Failure of Gun Control

IrishPirate
01-29-2010, 12:15 PM
Hope this isn't a :dupe: but I thought it was a pretty good video.

SXGvnmFVB5U&feature=related

C.Strong
01-29-2010, 1:50 PM
I want to see the original of that Oakland Officer talking about gun control, that seems interesting.

Otherwise, pretty good video.

erik18
01-29-2010, 2:04 PM
Pretty good video. Wish it had more facts though

IrishPirate
01-29-2010, 5:16 PM
yeah, seems like it would be a good opening to a very informative documentary...

huggybear
01-29-2010, 6:08 PM
god i hate rosie!

1BigPea
01-29-2010, 6:36 PM
Good video...that's worthy of me blasting to my email address book.

Purple K
01-29-2010, 9:07 PM
Very well done

AndrewMendez
01-30-2010, 1:57 AM
god i hate rosie!

They only think I hate more then her is, the View, and Nancy Pelosi!

Ford8N
01-30-2010, 3:54 AM
The vid kinda leaves you hanging. It gets some points across but it doesn't really flow. It is a good rough draft like in my college days.:coolgleamA:

AndrewMendez
01-30-2010, 4:26 AM
The vid kinda leaves you hanging. It gets some points across but it doesn't really flow. It is a good rough draft like in my college days.:coolgleamA:

Maybe we should re do it!?

liketoshoot
01-30-2010, 6:23 AM
very good
Rosie is a broken tool

Mulay El Raisuli
01-30-2010, 6:58 AM

I agree. Also, much as I like girls in bikinis shooting off automatic weapons, I'm not seeing the need for them in this sort of video.

The Raisuli

IrishPirate
01-30-2010, 12:32 PM
I agree. Also, much as I like girls in bikinis shooting off automatic weapons, I'm not seeing the need for them in this sort of video.

The Raisuli

no matter what the subject, there's always a need for scantily clad women with fully automatic weapons......ALWAYS!!!!

MP301
01-30-2010, 9:32 PM
They only think I hate more then her is, the View, and Nancy Pelosi!

HEY! Lets not forget Franken-Feinstien...

justbill5789
01-31-2010, 10:11 AM
Great video! This will always be argued with emotion with the facts mixed in to try to support the argument. We as humans have emotion. We can try to argue with data and facts, but data can be manipulated. I liked how the video points out that the number of gun related deaths per year was 18,000 as compared to car deaths at something like 46,000. Those that argue on the other side could say look at the ratio of deaths to the number of cars on the road. The ratio is small compared to guns. Not argue for “them” just saying figures can lie. We will put our facts out and they will put their facts out. We will not convert them and they will not convert us with their arguments. I just hope we can prevail in convincing the average person, who may not shoot or care about guns, that taking away the CHOICE to get a gun or not to get a gun, is a bad thing. You may not want a gun or care about getting a gun, but you should care about having the right to get a gun, if you want one. You can always exercise your right to not buy a gun, if you have that right. You cannot exercise a choice, if you do not have that right.

IrishPirate
01-31-2010, 12:49 PM
Great video! This will always be argued with emotion with the facts mixed in to try to support the argument. We as humans have emotion. We can try to argue with data and facts, but data can be manipulated. I liked how the video points out that the number of gun related deaths per year was 18,000 as compared to car deaths at something like 46,000. Those that argue on the other side could say look at the ratio of deaths to the number of cars on the road. The ratio is small compared to guns. Not argue for “them” just saying figures can lie. We will put our facts out and they will put their facts out. We will not convert them and they will not convert us with their arguments. I just hope we can prevail in convincing the average person, who may not shoot or care about guns, that taking away the CHOICE to get a gun or not to get a gun, is a bad thing. You may not want a gun or care about getting a gun, but you should care about having the right to get a gun, if you want one. You can always exercise your right to not buy a gun, if you have that right. You cannot exercise a choice, if you do not have that right.

absolutely. I didn't buy any of my own guns for 23 years of my life. I was never against guns in any way...i just didn't own any personally. I used my family member's guns. Once i got the cash and balls to just buy my own....i ended up with 7 in a 8 month period. You never know when you're going to want to exercise a right that you've had your whole life and we should protect peoples right to choose to exercise their rights...not allow them to be taken away.

ZirconJohn
01-31-2010, 1:02 PM
Great VID for sure; thanks for posting... jd