PDA

View Full Version : Review on MissionMTMan's "BHO" ak47 mags

turbochris
01-29-2010, 10:50 AM
I told Isaac I would do a review on his bho mags if I was lucky enough to get one during the group buy. Ive had experience with mags that held the bolt open on my yugo m76 and didnt like them at all. The bolt would push the follower out of place and it was always a pain to remove the mag. So I was skeptical going into this. The advantage of the bho mag for me was I could feel when the gun was actually out of ammo.

on observation you can already tell the follower on the bho mag was higher so it out actually have something to catch on. thats is the only difference I see in the mags. We actually got a break from the weather out here so I decided to hit the range. I ran 460 rounds through 1(yes one) magazine and the bolt caught open every single time. Mag was easy to remove each and every time. I loved that I didnt have to count how many rounds I had to go. I just had to feel it. This was probably one of the best 20 bucks Ive spent and my only regret is I didnt get more. I recommend it if you are looking for new ak47 mags. didnt get any action shots cause I went to the range by myself. Next time ill bring thew wife along

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c20/turbociviccoupe/IMG_2413.jpg

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c20/turbociviccoupe/IMG_2415.jpg

69Mach1
01-29-2010, 10:57 AM
Yep, the Chinese mag and follower is an easy mod. Thanks for sharing.

turbochris
01-29-2010, 2:39 PM
Yep, the Chinese mag and follower is an easy mod. Thanks for sharing.

no problem love to help out my fellow ak47 owners

Gio
01-29-2010, 2:59 PM
Nice :D You got lucky I could even tell the difference, I had 100 of those mags spread out in 5 different boxes trying to sort them out for shipping. MissionMTMan put them in randomly and it made for some fun trying to find them. I think I only spotted 3 of them so one of them went out to whomever received it ;)

From what I can remember the mod is not hard to do, just takes a few minutes to do. Glad you like it,

-Gio

jljen
01-29-2010, 3:14 PM
Very nice! Thanks for sharing. I'm glad to hear it was a successful test.

D53
01-31-2010, 1:29 AM
Thanks for the post and info :thumbsup: