View Full Version : guns news from Massachusettes

01-29-2010, 7:00 AM

Jim Wallace, executive director of the Gun Owners’ Action League, said the bill is the “top priority, period” for his group.

“This is a starting point. The system we have now is not working,” and is focusing on lawful gun owners instead of illegal gun owners, he said. “The laws have to be clear about who is a criminal and how they should be prosecuted.”

Dark Paladin
01-29-2010, 7:43 AM
Its for the children!

01-29-2010, 7:52 AM
Nanny state....

Corbin Dallas
01-29-2010, 8:19 AM
What a bunch of morons...

Government: Since you clearly CANNOT handle your children, we will do it for you by making it illegal for a child under the age of 18 to handle a fully automatic weapon.

People: YEA, we're SAFE from 8 year olds killing themselves!!

Give me a f'ing break. What's next? Not allowed to have buckets of water around the house? How about Government approved anti-sids beds?

UH-o, your child just died from SIDS!!! Better call an attorney! You're a CRIMINAL!!!

What happened to common sense? How many parents look the other way while their children do things that are dangerous or deadly?

How many parents are criminally liable for their drug dealing, stealing, killing children in the hood? - ZERO

Where's John Stossel? GIVE ME A BREAK!!!

01-29-2010, 8:26 AM
I think they should make pools and bath tubes illegal for anyone who has a child under 18! It is for the children!

Dark Paladin
01-29-2010, 8:34 AM
Why not just ban children altogether? Its for the children! :p

01-29-2010, 8:45 AM
Love this quote:

“There should be one standard for applying for what is a constitutional right,” Timilty said.

Where do I get my religion and speech applications?

01-29-2010, 8:58 AM
The categories include a person indicted of a crime punishable by up to a year in jail, a person convicted of a violent crime or tagged with a restraining order, a fugitive from justice, an undocumented immigrant, or a person who has renounced his or her U.S. citizenship.

Pretty sure that (in bold) that is unconstitutional. As far as I know, you don't lose your residential status along with your citizenship. If you are born here, you have residential status whether you are a citizen or not.

And how about people indicted of a crime carrying a punishment of MORE than one year in jail? Do they get a pass?

Super Spy
01-29-2010, 8:59 AM
I like the part about prohibited persons including anyone indicted for a crime carrying a sentence up to 1 year.....Ban dangerous felons from firearm ownership, fine, be reasonable, plenty of misdemeanors including the newly proposed "must report a crime" bill carry a 1 year sentance....what a bunch of BS.

01-29-2010, 9:25 AM
how many machine gunnings by 8 yr. olds have you heard of lately? or say . .. . in the last 903648639086234 years?