PDA

View Full Version : non list ak receivers

reddot223@yahoo.com
01-06-2006, 8:16 AM
with all thats going on with the ar type receivers have i read anywhere that someone...anyone? has been able to get ak non list receivers? pm me please with any info...thanks

TimG
01-06-2006, 9:17 AM
Buy an SKS and stay out of jail.

mblat
01-06-2006, 9:36 AM
with all thats going on with the ar type receivers have i read anywhere that someone...anyone? has been able to get ak non list receivers? pm me please with any info...thanks

ak or ar?

Literally thousands AR receivers are being imported/sold to CA right now.
As far as AK - some people buying them also, but I don't want to touch this one with the stick.....

Charliegone
01-06-2006, 3:00 PM
You can build an ak, but you would have to have NO aw features. NONE. Just don't keep the pistol grip (if you have one) in the same place you store your rifle. There are saiga stocks available, but... I will hold that info when I start my "little project.":D Also, I wouldn't recommend you get an ak or ar receiver if you live in a very anti-gun area. If you do, be verrry careful.

thisismyboomstick
01-06-2006, 4:32 PM
Why are people so afraid to get an AK receiver but have no problem picking up an AR reciever or ten? They are legally in the exact same boat. Just don't build your AK receiver into an AW just like you wouldn't build the AR into an AW. (pre-registration of course) My supplier is even getting cold feet. I have to wait until Monday for him to figure out if he's willing to ship me an AK rec when he's shipping AR's like crazy.

Would someone please tell me what the big problem is with the AK's. If there is one I haven't found it. And don't tell me they're impossible to build into a CA legal configuration. That's BS. I could rattle off 3 or 4 legal configurations off the top of my head.

thisismyboomstick
01-06-2006, 5:11 PM
There is no Mega letter and there's no shortage of people willing to buy those.

Yes, I agree. The Ewbanks should definitely be added.:D

rangerT
01-06-2006, 5:24 PM
there is another thread about ak type recievers a few posts down. all of the info you need is there.