PDA

View Full Version : newbie here....advice needed

wilcamach
01-28-2010, 3:41 PM
ok im curious as to how long the doj can delay delivery of a firearm purchase.
long story short i attempted to purchase a fire arm 12/31/09 and received a delay delivery notice becuase i had a charge on my record for battery (not domestic) in another state. i have tried to call the doj and they keep telling me they have been unable to reach anyone in the other state to release my records. ive also been told by the "analyst" that the sbi report he received did not contain the info he needed???? i called the courts from the other state and found my court records had been archived because the case was almost 11 years ago. and they are supposedly sending me my records and court reports. my question here is does the doj have any time limit as to making a decision or am i just at their mercy till they decide yay or nay.
anyone here know what if anything i can do?

HowardW56
01-28-2010, 5:50 PM
Once they have delayed delivery, you are at their mercy...

DedEye
01-28-2010, 5:54 PM
Contact Jason Davis of Davis and Associates. (http://www.calgunlawyers.com/Davis_&_Associates/Home.html)

He is very effective at ending DOJ foot dragging.

bsim
01-28-2010, 6:59 PM
My 1st was delayed a little less than a week (past the 10 days of course) while CADOJ waited for records to be received from out of state.

Once they got them, it was less than a day before I got the OK.

Anothercoilgun
01-28-2010, 9:17 PM
If you get passed then stick it to them. Purchase a handgun every 30 days on the DOT. Now do not waste a lot of many. They can be cheap Hi-Point, and PPT that are nearly worthless. Also do as many PPT (10-day wait mininum) as you can. **** just sell back and forth to the same person over and over.

But of course THE STATE profits from these acts.

wilcamach
01-29-2010, 6:47 PM
thanks for the advice im going to contact the attorney mentioned above and see where that gets me. once approved i plan on buying as many firearms as i can afford :):D