PDA

View Full Version : Crappy trigger on my VZ. Dremmel fix?

Booshanky
01-28-2010, 12:17 PM
Hey guys,

So my vz is really straight up awesome. Love it. After figuring out where to lube it properly, it's really running like a champ.

Only one thing that still bugs me. The trigger feels like I'm trying to snap a twig with my pinky or something. Not fun.

I took off the stock and watched the action through the screw hole in the rear of it and noticed that the striker is catching on the wrong part. When I pull the bolt carrier back just enough to where the striker catches on that first ledge, the trigger feels really nice. I like it a lot. But when it catches on that farther ledge, (which is every time I shoot it because it always passes that first ledge and catches on the second), the trigger feels really crappy.

So anyway, I'm wondering what to do about it. If I dremmel the edge off that second ledge, will the striker just ride over it and catch on the correct part? Or is there something else I should try?

This photo should help you get an idea of what I'm talking about. If you're still not sure, lemme know and I'll try to get a video of it if I can.

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_4bf9tmqvjjY/S2HwIzlBKVI/AAAAAAABNXY/-THj6ulx2NY/s800/IMG_0521%20worked.jpg

harmoniums
01-28-2010, 1:34 PM
I'll wager the leaf spring moved forward (towards the barrel)and thus holds the sear higher.
Take out the screw holding the spring in place, drill a bigger hole (through spring and receiver M4 or m4.5 will do), put in an overvesized screw or rivet that will prevent the leaf spring from moving

Also that ORF disconnector is starting to flatten out, looks like it need heat treating

Booshanky
01-28-2010, 5:02 PM
Alright, the hole in the spring was 3/16ths so I bored out the hole to 3/16ths on the receiver. No luck though, still catching on the 2nd ledge of the sear.

BigBamBoo
01-28-2010, 5:07 PM

harmoniums
01-28-2010, 6:01 PM
Alright, the hole in the spring was 3/16ths so I bored out the hole to 3/16ths on the receiver. No luck though, still catching on the 2nd ledge of the sear.

Sounds like the leaf spring limb that holds the sear up is sitting too high.
Ive got a replacement for you if you need one.'

Don't grind the sear, if you put an incline on it, it could go full auto

Booshanky
01-28-2010, 6:56 PM
Sounds like the leaf spring limb that holds the sear up is sitting too high.
Ive got a replacement for you if you need one.'

Don't grind the sear, if you put an incline on it, it could go full auto

Wouldn't it just be possible to bend the spring down a little bit until it connects with the sear properly?