PDA

View Full Version : POF 308 question

rd4tile
01-28-2010, 9:29 AM
Are POF 308 upper assemblies compatible with the DPMS lower receivers?

thanks

Rommel
01-28-2010, 10:31 AM

thanks

I don't know if anybody has tried this... I know people put DPMS uppers on POF 308 lowers but I have not heard of vice versa. If you have not bought your lower yet I would take a look at the POF lowers instead of a DPMS compatible lower. The POF 308 lowers are very nice and are similar in price to other 308 lowers.

djleisure
01-28-2010, 10:53 AM

thanks
Yep, good to go. DPMS lowers and DPMS mags.

swerv512
01-28-2010, 1:39 PM
curious as to what DPMS lower you're talking about... :lurk5:

i know that POF lowers can use DPMS uppers with the help of a takedown pin sleeve.....

dfletcher
01-28-2010, 2:07 PM
I have a DPMS upper and a POF lower. I had to use a sleeve (from CWS) on the hinge pin hole of the DPMS upper because the hinge pin of the POF is thinner than the hinge pin hole in the DPMS upper. So I would say you can not put a POF upper on to a DPMS lower because the hinge pin of the DPMS lower will be larger than the corresponding hole in the POF upper. I presume though it would be an easy matter to drill out the POF upper and make the correct fit for they are otherwise compatible.

ar15barrels
01-28-2010, 3:01 PM
I have a DPMS upper and a POF lower. I had to use a sleeve (from CWS) on the hinge pin hole of the DPMS upper because the hinge pin of the POF is thinner than the hinge pin hole in the DPMS upper. So I would say you can not put a POF upper on to a DPMS lower because the hinge pin of the DPMS lower will be larger than the corresponding hole in the POF upper. I presume though it would be an easy matter to drill out the POF upper and make the correct fit for they are otherwise compatible.

You could also fit a pair of sleeves to the lower and use a POF pivot pin.

DirtRacer151
01-28-2010, 3:33 PM
Keep the DPMS upper on there and get a nice barrel for it!!!

rd4tile
01-28-2010, 4:48 PM
I just picked up a CMMG 308 lower and I'm looking for an upper assembly to go on it. Thanks to everyone for the help!