PDA

View Full Version : NRA/CRPA SEEK PLAINTIFFS TO CHALLENGE LOS ANGELES ORDINANCES

sbrady@Michel&Associates
01-27-2010, 2:59 PM
NRA/CRPA SEEK PLAINTIFFS TO CHALLENGE LOS ANGELES BANS ON THE SALE OF “ULTRACOMPACT” HANDGUNS & .50+ CALIBER FIREARMS AND AMMUNITION

Discussions between NRA/CRPA attorneys Michel & Associates, P.C. and the City of Los Angeles regarding repealing that city’s ordinances banning the sale of “ultracompact” handguns and .50 caliber firearms and ammunition have reached an impasse. As a result, NRA/CRPA have no option left but to file suit to invalidate the ordinances.

Michel & Associates, P.C. is now preparing these lawsuits, and is currently searching for people to participate as plaintiffs in either/both of these lawsuits.

ULTRACOMPACT HANDGUN

Ideal candidates for the UCH Ban would be homeowners/taxpayers in Los Angeles who are one or more of the following: female, disabled, have small hands, elderly and cannot manage a larger framed gun, CCW holder (preferably with a firearm that qualifies as “ultracompact”), little person/dwarf, collector of small guns, etc.

.50 CALIBER FIREARMS/AMMUNITION

Ideal candidates for the .50+ Caliber Ban would be homeowners/taxpayers in Los Angeles who legally own/possess a firearm (handgun or rifle) that uses (or can use) ammunition that is .50 caliber or larger; especially if you would like to have the option of selling, giving or transferring the firearm (or its ammunition) in any way. Or a person who would like to purchase/receive such a firearm (especially good are children who want to “inherit” such a firearm from a parent or people who are receiving one as a gift.).

There is no charge or fee to any person who wishes to participate as a plaintiff.

If you or anyone you know fit either or both of the above descriptions, please contact me, Sean A. Brady, at (562) 216-4444.

bwiese
01-27-2010, 6:26 PM
Wonderful!

Remember this particular 50 caliber ban differs from the state AB50 ban - the LA ban is not just 50BMG, but 50AE, 50GI, 510DTC.... etc

Mute
01-27-2010, 7:35 PM
This actually makes me wish I lived in L.A. City. Almost.

loather
01-27-2010, 7:36 PM
Anyone with a .50 Beowulf upper in the LA area? Anyone? Bueller?

obeygiant
01-27-2010, 7:44 PM
This is the first time I have ever wanted to live in LA. Thank you Michel and Associates for taking on another ridiculous ordinance.

xxdabroxx
01-28-2010, 10:59 AM
Should prob stick this so it stays to the top for a bit, BUMP!

Kestryll
01-28-2010, 11:21 AM
Hmm....

I pay taxes, own a home and work in L.A. City.
I do collect small handguns, in fact I've recently had a couple of deals for .25 ACP handguns fall through because I could not arrange to leave the city in a timely fashion.
I have been looking longingly at a Glock 26...

Unfortunately for this purpose I'm white, allegedly able-bodied and male.
I am extra stout however... ;)

Hmm...
I have to consider this...

ETA: I wonder if this would present a conflict with CGN or CGF?

69Mach1
01-28-2010, 12:09 PM
Hmm....

I pay taxes, own a home and work in L.A. City.
I do collect small handguns, in fact I've recently had a couple of deals for .25 ACP handguns fall through because I could not arrange to leave the city in a timely fashion.
I have been looking longingly at a Glock 26...

Unfortunately for this purpose I'm white, allegedly able-bodied and male.
I am extra stout however... ;)

Hmm...
I have to consider this...

Do it. :D

HowardW56
01-28-2010, 12:34 PM

I can't think of a conflict, but the City would raise the issue in it's defense...

Shotgun Man
01-28-2010, 5:44 PM
We're sure getting our dues' worth out of NRA/CRPA!

Go get 'em!

bwiese
01-28-2010, 5:45 PM
We're sure getting our dues' worth out of NRA/CRPA!

Go get 'em!

Yep. Chuck now has to administer "therapy" to 'em.

nick
01-29-2010, 1:47 PM
Bump.

hill billy
01-29-2010, 2:49 PM
I know of a 62 year old woman who works nights, has arthritis, has been a victim of violent crime, has small hands and can't hold heavy guns. Sounds like she fits the bill, though she does not hold a CCW. Her concern, I know, would be how much drama this would introduce into her life. How would I bet approach her with this?

IGOTDIRT4U
01-29-2010, 3:10 PM
I know of a 62 year old woman who works nights, has arthritis, has been a victim of violent crime, has small hands and can't hold heavy guns. Sounds like she fits the bill, though she does not hold a CCW. Her concern, I know, would be how much drama this would introduce into her life. How would I bet approach her with this?

Tell her, "It's for the children".

hill billy
01-29-2010, 6:36 PM
Tell her, "It's for the children".
Turns out, it's didn't take much convincing and it looks like she has the right profile. ;) I am very excited to see her possibly being a part of this.:cool2:

artherd
01-30-2010, 12:40 PM
Come get some LA!

hoffmang
01-30-2010, 1:39 PM
I can't think of a conflict, but the City would raise the issue in it's defense...

Other than histrionics, I'm not sure how that would hurt his standing or a legal argument though.

-Gene

HowardW56
01-30-2010, 2:14 PM
Other than histrionics, I'm not sure how that would hurt his standing or a legal argument though.

-Gene

I agree with you Gene...

The city would attempt to create an issue, where there isn't one..

Liberty1
01-30-2010, 5:45 PM
If you or anyone you know fit either or both of the above descriptions, please contact me, Sean A. Brady, at (562) 216-4444.

It was good talking with you today Sean. :31:

Roadrunner
02-20-2010, 2:24 PM
I don't want to poke anyone in the eye, but what happened to Carmen Trutanich? Now that he's the L.A. City attorney, has he jumped on the antigun band wagon, or is he just waiting to see which way the prevailing wind is blowing? All of the cheerleading and hopes that he got voted in seems to have been for naught.

Amacias805
02-23-2010, 1:44 PM
tag

dantodd
02-23-2010, 1:47 PM
I don't want to poke anyone in the eye, but what happened to Carmen Trutanich? Now that he's the L.A. City attorney, has he jumped on the antigun band wagon, or is he just waiting to see which way the prevailing wind is blowing? All of the cheerleading and hopes that he got voted in seems to have been for naught.

Has his office been particularly pro-active in going after gunnies who are not bad guys? I haven't heard anything about that.

advocatusdiaboli
03-29-2010, 6:59 PM
Seriously, I want an additional pistol for home defense that my 11 and 12 year olds girls or 5' 4" wife (properly trained of course) can take from me if injured or back me up with my compact, full size or 12-gauge and repel intruders. So why do I have to be little? Isn't it common sense that sometimes a small frame packing a big punch is the right tool? I realize you have your legal strategy and you are the pros here, but just askin' to understand how this kind of thing works.

hoodrat
04-05-2010, 11:00 AM
I need some more info here.

What pistols fit the "ultra compact" catigory?

A G26 was mentioned but that is a sub compact, that is a bit different than a 25 auto.

I would be interested as a plantiff possibly. You can contact me through my web site for a FTF on this.

I want a 32 or 25 for my wife and I for ccw arround the house. She wont here a G19 cause it just gets in the way but she would where a small ultra compact auto loader.

it interferes less with the day to day. She is home a lone with our 12 week old. I work long hours sometimes gone 18 hours in a day adn we ilive a stones throw from the largest hmicide area in LA.

If someone wants to gift me a .50 then... for that matter anyone with any of these items could gift anyone in LA and they could become a palntiff.

Thoughts? Doners?

limitdown
05-26-2010, 5:44 AM
This is great stuff.
We definitely need more offensive moves by NRA/CRPA

Next target should be the List
Then the entire Roster system