PDA

View Full Version : BRINGING guns in from

jkcerda
01-27-2010, 1:12 PM
from out of state.

going to AZ , nephew has a SG there that I am going to buy from him, does it need to be shipped to and FFL?

can I just bring it in?
does it have to be registered?

thanks, yes I am a noob:o

dantodd
01-27-2010, 1:20 PM
You have to have it shipped to an FFL and then pay the DROS fee plus whatever fee he chooses to add.

jkcerda
01-27-2010, 1:27 PM
You have to have it shipped to an FFL and then pay the DROS fee plus whatever fee he chooses to add.

so much for saving money:mad:

dantodd
01-27-2010, 1:28 PM
so much for saving money:mad:

Pretty much. The more difficult they can make it for you to own firearms the better.

CAL.BAR
01-27-2010, 1:55 PM
You can't even buy anything there that you couldn't buy here anyway.

Blood Ocean
01-27-2010, 2:36 PM
Whoa guys, forgot the taxman again didn't you? CA sales tax is close to 10%, on a $1,000 gun that's an extra hundred to the state for doing NOTHING. Buy it out of state and find an FFL who won't ream you (there are plenty in CA who are reasonable with their fees) and give him your money, at least he did something for it. If we send less money to Sacramento then we might, just might get a reduction in government spending.

wildhawker
01-27-2010, 3:37 PM
Theoretically, the receiving FFL should collect the tax; further, getting away with not paying a tax does not mean you've complied with the law. I'd not be surprised if one day this was addressed at the leg level.

If you think uncollected taxes could somehow steer spending in Sacto then I think you might be underestimating the nature of our government.