PDA

View Full Version : Gizmo I saw on youtube

highpowershooter
01-27-2010, 11:47 AM
Saw this on youtube. Ended up buying one. Pretty cool.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqCMpli36SQ

Vinz
01-27-2010, 11:54 AM
ingenious! I thought of making a similar product after my M1A smashed my pinky nail. www.m1buddy.com

Gotta get one.

vinz

Fate
01-27-2010, 12:05 PM
Cool. Might have to pick up a few for myself and as gifts for my Garand-shooting friends/relatives.

Blood Ocean
01-27-2010, 12:37 PM
Cool product, but you should only clean the garand from chamber to muzzle, never from muzzle to chamber. The otis kits or boresnakes work very well.

mls343
01-27-2010, 12:46 PM
Ya, it actually is pretty cool. I'll have to get one as well!

Bug Splat
01-27-2010, 1:18 PM
Neat.

One could clean the barrel from the muzzle. I have a number of times but the trick is to carefully slide the rod in with no attachments all the way to the receiver then screw on your tip and pull. Its slower but for some rifles you have not choice. This method will keep your crown clean and ding free. Otis kits and Boresnakes are ok for plunkers and field cleaing but for match guns a coated Dewey rod is a must.

TMC
01-27-2010, 1:27 PM
Neat.

One could clean the barrel from the muzzle. I have a number of times but the trick is to carefully slide the rod in with no attachments all the way to the receiver then screw on your tip and pull. Its slower but for some rifles you have not choice. This method will keep your crown clean and ding free. Otis kits and Boresnakes are ok for plunkers and field cleaing but for match guns a coated Dewey rod is a must.

Haven't you guys heard of a muzzle guide?

Blood Ocean
01-27-2010, 1:47 PM
The problem isn't the lack of muzzle guide, it's pushing all that crud back into the chamber. I do like BugSplat's idea for using solid rods, it may take a minute longer but cleaning your guns is a time for reflection anyways, no reason to rush through some much needed "therapy."

MasterYong
01-27-2010, 2:39 PM
Neat... but as others have said:

Muzzle to chamber??? I think there's a bolt catch somewhere on these things too...

Out of curiousity, any of the M1A aficionados on here want to recommend a chamber brush? I've bought two online that said they were high-quality and both broke the first use. One even got stuck :eek: !!! And yes I'm using them correctly, they just suck. Anyone know a good brand?

Vinz
01-27-2010, 8:57 PM
Neat... but as others have said:

Muzzle to chamber??? I think there's a bolt catch somewhere on these things too...

Out of curiousity, any of the M1A aficionados on here want to recommend a chamber brush? I've bought two online that said they were high-quality and both broke the first use. One even got stuck :eek: !!! And yes I'm using them correctly, they just suck. Anyone know a good brand?

My father said to use a brush for a 7mm...I think its a bit smaller than .308. .280in

never had any issues.

vinz

turbochris
01-27-2010, 9:09 PM
pretty cool

randy
01-27-2010, 11:32 PM
Creedmoor in San Diego used to sell these for 5 bucks. They still might. 15 bucks is a rip. They do work good though.