PDA

View Full Version : And You Thought CA was Bad

dfletcher
01-26-2010, 10:10 PM
I just visited the MA Statehouse website and a State Rep has introduced a bill to study the feasability of installing a GPS in firearms. I guess between CA microstamping and MA GPS, you'll be able to tell where some fool went for lunch before he shot someone.

The creativity of these clowns just amazes me.

Would putting a GPS chip (assuming it can be done) inside a gun be considered a restriction or infringement?

ChrisO
01-26-2010, 10:48 PM
Whats Microstamping?

kf6tac
01-26-2010, 11:06 PM
California is bad. The fact that someone else is worse (or is trying to be worse) doesn't change that. :p

Milsurp Collector
01-26-2010, 11:14 PM
Whats Microstamping?

Click here --> http://lmgtfy.com/?q=microstamping

ChrisO
01-26-2010, 11:17 PM
Took more effort for you to do that than just answer a simple question, It is a discussion forum ya know :rolleyes: .

bigcalidave
01-26-2010, 11:18 PM
Mmmmm gps isn't an issue...

http://www.dealextreme.com/productimages/sku_8758_1.jpg

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.8758

Milsurp Collector
01-26-2010, 11:20 PM
Took more effort for you to do that than just answer a simple question,..

Actually, it didn't. :rolleyes:

Window_Seat
01-26-2010, 11:20 PM
Didn't MA enact, or attempt to a law that banned head targets for range practice? Now THAT'S bad.

Erik.

ChrisO
01-26-2010, 11:21 PM
That is ridiculous... What happens to firearms owned prior to this microstamping? Pistols rifles and shotguns getting it? When exactly does it go into effect?

ChrisO
01-26-2010, 11:24 PM
Actually, it didn't. :rolleyes:
Haha yeppp...

dantodd
01-27-2010, 12:13 AM
Didn't MA enact, or attempt to a law that banned head targets for range practice? Now THAT'S bad.

Erik.

I'm pretty sure they're already illegal in NY, maybe more states.

hollabillz
01-27-2010, 12:22 AM
That is ridiculous... What happens to firearms owned prior to this microstamping? Pistols rifles and shotguns getting it? When exactly does it go into effect?

There's some patent holdup or some stuff. Long story short, it's not even remotely feasible in the foreseeable future. I wouldn't be concerned... :p

dfletcher
01-27-2010, 10:02 AM

Erik.

I think so, yes. Maybe the ACLU should take up the cause of shooting at paper targets as a free speech issue, as in, I despise this fellow represented on the target so much I wish to express my opinion by shooting it in the head. :)

ZombieTactics
01-27-2010, 11:18 AM
GPS will likely never be small enough to effectively fit in a handgun ... maybe a rifle or shotgun.

I do know what would work, but I am patenting the application. Don't ask.

GearHead
01-27-2010, 11:22 AM
How in the heck would you power a GPS for the conceivable life of the gun?

gvbsat
01-27-2010, 11:55 AM
I think so, yes. Maybe the ACLU should take up the cause of shooting at paper targets as a free speech issue, as in, I despise this fellow represented on the target so much I wish to express my opinion by shooting it in the head. :)

Be careful what you say, as the ACLU may just take up a case that shooting at a black silhouette and white background is a racist violent act... you never really know

PaperPuncher
01-27-2010, 12:02 PM
And how will this GPS continue to operate for the life of the gun? Must I change the batteries? What if I am out of batteries? Will it be a special battery? Will they hunt me down? Oh wait, they will not be able to find me if the GPS isn't working. This is a great idea and perfect example of why state budgets have an abundance of money to go around, lol.

I am so glad I already have most of the guns I want and that they were all stolen/lost at some point in the past, present, future.