PDA

View Full Version : LMT 308

lehn20
01-26-2010, 9:04 PM
So after I just found out that the LWRC REPR is a mediocre built
rifle with a Ruger barrel for $3700.00

I decided to wait till May/June and get the new LMT 308 that retails around $2500.00 and has already been tested and sold to special military units in the UK.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSkQAiIougQ&feature=fvw

DA1L0
01-26-2010, 9:22 PM

May I ask where you heard this from? I have been seriously looking into getting a REPR for a while now.

lehn20
01-26-2010, 9:30 PM
Apparently LWRC contracted Ruger to make the barrels to save money.
A REPR deserves the best barrel you can get for $3700.00!

Jpach
01-26-2010, 10:17 PM
A REPR deserves the best barrel you can get for $3700.00!

Word to that brotha. The strange thing is people allegedly have been getting good groups from them. OR at least in the few customer reviews Ive read. Have you read anything different?

DanHuuN
01-26-2010, 10:51 PM
I played with one at SHOT and I love it. Ordered mine already. Should be in by May or so. Woo Hoo..

lehn20
01-26-2010, 11:10 PM
For $3700.00 the LWRC REPR better have a matchgrade barrel and it doesnt!. It is being tauted as a sniper/counter sniper platform but its accuracy is not up to par.

Dont listen to the koolaid drinkers and PAID endorsements. I wanted to get one too, but not anymore. LWRC took some shortcuts IMO on this one.

I need to order a LMT too:)

Hoop
01-27-2010, 12:15 AM
For $3700.00 the LWRC REPR better have a matchgrade barrel and it doesnt!. It is being tauted as a sniper/counter sniper platform but its accuracy is not up to par.

If it shoots less than MOA its accuracy is up to par, people are just expecting it to be some magical rifle when in reality it just costs a lot.

X-NewYawker
01-27-2010, 6:26 AM
I try to go for the rifle that's good and NOT as expensive myself... MO'net don't grow on orange trees out here.
Spend that extra grand on Ammo

uzigalil
01-27-2010, 6:56 AM
+1 LMT

vf111
01-27-2010, 11:43 AM
Is LMT Cali-friendly? I.e. can I order directly from them or do I need a middleman FFL?

Solidsnake87
01-27-2010, 12:06 PM
Boutique rifles like this usually don't skimp out on quality names. Too bad for them, that could hurt the limited sales that rifle will have. Might be a piston, but if they are askin that much it might as well come with a krieger barrel.

1 SIG fan
01-27-2010, 2:06 PM
If it's true (not sure). Why does that make it a bad thing.. MANY companies develop products that you use made by comapnies that you'd NEVER use. These are different pricing catagories and brands suited to match that.
So, just because Ruger makes it, doesn't mean it's a bad barrel. They could of made a highquality barrel that would never sell under their brand because of quality/price... doesn't make it bad.

ALL the feedback on LWRC has been positive so far. Just asking... (i have a REPR on order).

problemchild
02-01-2010, 12:02 AM
If it's true (not sure). Why does that make it a bad thing.. MANY companies develop products that you use made by comapnies that you'd NEVER use. These are different pricing catagories and brands suited to match that.
So, just because Ruger makes it, doesn't mean it's a bad barrel. They could of made a highquality barrel that would never sell under their brand because of quality/price... doesn't make it bad.

ALL the feedback on LWRC has been positive so far. Just asking... (i have a REPR on order).

Couple things.........

What justifies the 3800 dollar price tag if it has a 100 dollar barrel?
LMT = 2500
Pof (With a Mike Rock barrel at the cost of 650) = 2700

So I cant for the life of me figure out why the repr cost 3800 for a 20" barrel.

Last issue is when was the last time you saw a ruger match sniper rifle shooting at any match and winning? NEVER!

battleship
02-01-2010, 12:51 AM
How do you know its not a match grade barrel on the REPR, saying that it isen't a match grade means you must know what it is. i just need the straight facts as im wanting one of these REPR is the future. I checked one out to day and it looks and feels incredible, but now you have me thinking its nothing but a sheep in wolfs clothing.

X-NewYawker
02-01-2010, 7:00 AM
Is LMT Cali-friendly? I.e. can I order directly from them or do I need a middleman FFL?

Call Ryan at LMT
Tell him you're in CA. See if they'll do a BB from the factory. (I told them where to get them) If not, the good folks listed at the top of the page here will.
I had my 223s shipped in as lowers with no grip, and then BB one and MMG the other

problemchild
02-01-2010, 7:49 AM

I decided to wait till May/June and get the new LMT 308 that retails around $2500.00 and has already been tested and sold to special military units in the UK.

You sure about that???

http://forum.lwrci.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=60962#60962

till44
02-01-2010, 8:30 AM
I've seen pics of the groups the LWRC is getting at 200+ yards and they seem pretty impressive. Even if it is a Ruger barrel, the groups are easy sub-moa.

Sick Boy
02-01-2010, 8:40 AM
lol

I love when people spout crap off like it's the truth. Jeez.

I'd love to see where the OP found this out from??

technique
02-01-2010, 8:46 AM
Why are we expecting good accuracy from a piston gun again?
Why are we worried about getting a match barrel on a system that is known to be slightly less accurate by design...vertical string..etc.?

This whole thread is confusing.
Where is the facts supporting this claim?
Why are we upset about Ruger barrels? Ruger makes hammer forged barrels!

CHS
02-01-2010, 9:50 AM
Ruger is one of the foremost experts in the firearms industry for producing cold hammer-forged barrels. Ruger knows more about producing a quality hammer-forged barrel than almost everyone else.

I would be willing to bet though that LWRCi (*IF* they are buying from Ruger) is just getting the hammer-forged blanks from Ruger, and profiling them in-house.

None of this means that the barrels or the guns are crap. You're just using your Ruger prejudice to prevent you from seeing the truth.

DIG
02-01-2010, 10:48 AM
I'm wondering if the people who bash piston rifles actually own one or have shot one a good number of times to take up a negative position? I admit to being hesitant about making that jump but once I did, I don't regret it. My lmt d.i. barrel has been sitting in the safe since '08 and my piston lmt gets plenty of use with zero issues what so ever.
As far as inherent accuracy issues on piston rifles ..I consider that all to be internet folklore. I've read forum threads about the displacement of kinetic energy and piston ar-style rifles, etc.. Makes me laugh.. These LWRC Repr rifles could probably out shoot the o.p. and everyone on this thread including myself. I think the ol' "blind taste test" scenario is in order to straighten this out.:p I'm pretty sure you'll see no difference in accuracy. Afterwards, the shooter(s) need to clean each rifle too. You'll find the guy w/the piston rifle sitting on the couch with a beer in hand about 20min sooner than the guy w/the d.i. rifle.
All kidding aside, the high price of the repr is due to the R&D costs. Search the lwrc forum and you'll find the answers you're looking for.
As for myself, I'd buy one. Heck, I'd buy another LMT for that matter.
Just my two cents.
Good luck to the o.p.. I'm sure he'll enjoy his LMT, they make great rifles.

-

50 Freak
02-01-2010, 11:13 AM
I thought the put down was that LW was going to use a Ruger barrel not on the accuracy potential of a DI versus a GP upper.

And I hate to say it but I will not be getting a LW REPR, because of the Ruger barrel (and cause they are so expensive). Ruger hasn't exactly wowed me on the accuracy of their barrels.

Case in point, the Mini 14. Poor execution of a great proven design. People compare the Mini 14's accuracy with that of the SKS.

Geez...forget it.

1 SIG fan
02-01-2010, 11:13 AM
Issue solved! Spoke to them directly (why don't people ever call and ask instead of speculating).

They buy forged barrel blanks from the same place many companies buy blanks IE: SIG, Ruger, LWRC, etc...

they make these barrels IN HOUSE. It's not a sub contracted barrel through RUGER.

Keeping my REPR on order :)

CHS
02-01-2010, 11:48 AM
Case in point, the Mini 14. Poor execution of a great proven design. People compare the Mini 14's accuracy with that of the SKS.

The mini-14's accuracy has almost nothing to do with its barrel. The mini-14 is just a bad design for contributing to accuracy. There is nothing really wrong with the mini-14's barrel except for its thin profile.

BlackRifleFan
02-01-2010, 11:49 AM
I have heard really good thing about the REPR's accuracy. Even though I have never seen a REPR in action, I don't doubt LWRC's claim of REPR accuracy from what I seen with my own eyes with the LWRC M6A2.

I did see my buddiees LWRC M6A2 (.223) in action (with Giselle trigger), and I could not believe how accurate it was for a semi auto gun with a barrel you would not consider match. It out shot his AR-10 SuperSASS (.308), which according to Armalite does come with a match grade SS barrel, and match grade trigger.

http://images38.fotki.com/v1280/photos/1/932051/8378975/lwrcgroups01302010-vi.jpg

http://images47.fotki.com/v1589/photos/1/932051/8378975/SuperSASSgroups1-vi.jpg

DIG
02-01-2010, 11:51 AM
I thought the put down was that LW was going to use a Ruger barrel not on the accuracy potential of a DI versus a GP upper.

And I hate to say it but I will not be getting a LW REPR, because of the Ruger barrel (and cause they are so expensive). Ruger hasn't exactly wowed me on the accuracy of their barrels.

Geez...forget it.

They are not using Ruger barrels. Not too sure why someone started spreading that info.. The last I heard, they were using unicorn horns (see link in o.p.'s post). Also, see the new barrel fluting (shot show) LWRC is using, to support that. 100% unicorn, not Ruger.:sorcerer:

Considering the amount of REPR's sold so far, not many reviews have been posted. Yeah, good groups have been reported but also some FTF issues with various mags have been reported as well. Various posts hinted that new C-Products and Magpuls LR mags = not so good. The "first gen" C-Products = ok. That's what I read but that don't mean crap to me unless I try it for myself. I don't take forum posts as gospel. LWRC are supposedly working on their own OEM brand of 308/7.62x51 mag. They have a pretty good thing going with the side-charger.
It's still a toss-up for me, LMT or LWRC for 308. My Fulton Titan .308 shoots freakin' incredible, maybe I'll just stick with that for now..

-

BlackRifleFan
02-01-2010, 8:28 PM
They should have used Armalite Gen II mags. Those things are reliable as rocks being rocks.

problemchild
02-01-2010, 10:19 PM

So I asked if it was a ruger barrel by posting the question on the lwrc forum and they replied.

darren
Sanctity protector of the board

Post Reply with quote
Wow. I know who this guy is. Kevin is his first name. Personal vendetta to ruin LWRCI just like he did others like Pat Rogers. He is big strong man on internet...has much fu. I have never met him, nor care to knowing the exploits.

This is a very personal issue which I will not explain out of the respect for the dude he is fronting his effort for. It is very sad. I am unbelievable disappointed but totally unsurprised. I guess I am smarter than I thought.

I guess we should send the barrel cell to Ruger so they can make barrels for us. No, the barrels come from a company that does forging for Ruger, Sig, and likely the MR556. Just like the forgings of the receivers come from AH, Cerro and a few standard names in the industry. We get rifled blanks and turn them and chamber them on an OKUMA cell that is likely the most precise cell in the world for barrels. Our mandrel, our spec....a rifled tube.

Enjoy the drama boys.....from what I have seen of the internet death squad, these "professional soldiers" will likely unleash more wild blackmailing fury which only solidifies what I thought in the first place about the quality of the folks we are dealing with. Enjoy. We will not partake. We are so insignificant, that these two lads decided to unleash their holy internet hell. Since I will not partake, they can bait, and manipulate and create all the drama Kevin et al want to. It has become standard operating procedure. Look at modus operandi. You cannot even believe how surprised I am that I was right. I don't want to believe it because I thought so highly of Dave.

I do not understand it. Not one bit.

Darren.

technique
02-01-2010, 10:25 PM
Interesting.
Glad to see a vendor respond. Also, sad (like others) LWRC (Darren), wont participate here. I can't say I blame him.

battleship
02-01-2010, 11:03 PM
Ok , so someone explain this to me, with all the WhoHa over gas piston rifles being less than accurate in comparison to DI systems, how does the force in the movement of the piston have any effect on the bullet, i am under the assumption that by the time the gas reaches the regulator and enters the gas port, to move the piston, the back end of the bullet has already left the barrel if not already down range. I can understand the recoil might be stronger but i dont see how a piston system has any effect on the accuracy of the bullet. So whats the take on this.

JPB
02-01-2010, 11:10 PM
Sounds like a beef with KAC.

DREADNOUGHT78
02-02-2010, 12:06 AM
River City Gun Exchange in Sacramento has a REPR on the wall I think it was around 4K though.

battleship
02-02-2010, 12:34 AM
What barrel length and stock was the REPR at River city

BlackRifleFan
02-02-2010, 8:42 AM
Ok , so someone explain this to me, with all the WhoHa over gas piston rifles being less than accurate in comparison to DI systems, how does the force in the movement of the piston have any effect on the bullet, i am under the assumption that by the time the gas reaches the regulator and enters the gas port, to move the piston, the back end of the bullet has already left the barrel if not already down range. I can understand the recoil might be stronger but i dont see how a piston system has any effect on the accuracy of the bullet. So whats the take on this.

It's somewhat true, but how accurate do you need to be? All DI and Piston AR's are capable of sub MOA for the first 5 shot group if you have a good barrel and the right ammo.

It's all about vibration and barrel harmonics.

The theory is you want consistent harmonics and vibrations. If the harmonics is consistent, then technically the barrel is not the limiting factor in the bullet path. Stuff like glass bedding, and FF tubes are a big help in consistent vibration because with FF nothing touches the barrel therefore the barrel can produce consistent harmonics. With glass bedding the pressure points are consistent, also producing consistent barrel flex.

The theory goes that having no gas system (such as bolt gun) is the best for accuracy because you will get consistent barrel harmonics, having a little gas tube on top is almost as good. Now having an entire piston system on top is another story. The piston moves back and forth and you have no idea how the piston, piston springs, etc is sitting on the barrel, each time it moves it does not end up exactly back to where it started therefore you get inconsistent barrel harmonics.

However, having said all that, I am finding piston AR's to be just as accurate as DI AR's and even Bolt guns. My buddies LWRC M6A2 was about 1/2 MOA for the first 3 shots, and about MOA with 5 shot groups (from a cold barrel). Once the barrel heats up the groups will spread even more. That's another thing, all semi auto's will be about 6 MOA anyways if you do a 40 shot group due to the barrel heating up. A hot barrel causes a lot more flex and produce inconsistent barrel vibration more than you can with your non-free float rails. How accurate do you need an AR to be? To me all this stuff about accuracy in AR's is overkill.

The only real super accurate guns I have seen are bolt guns with Extra Heavy Barrels that had custom loads where they re-used the spent casings and only neck sized the case. This way you get custom brass shells that is a perfect fit for that particular gun. Then there also the heavy barrel of these guns, the heavy barrel withstands heating up better, and tends to flex less when hot, therefore also producing more consistent barrel vibrations.

X-NewYawker
02-02-2010, 8:50 AM
Fear the REPR

Kafka
02-02-2010, 11:25 AM

Absolute LIE. Barrel blanks might be sourced from the same manufacturer that Ruger and many others use, but they are made to LWRCI specs using their mandrel.

At a Federal LE sniper class a few months ago, the REPR proved to be just as accurate as highly tuned Rem 700's with much faster followup shots.

RMTactical
02-02-2010, 5:11 PM
Very cool!

uzigalil
02-02-2010, 8:44 PM
they admit they use the same barrel forgings as Ruger that they obtain from the same source as Ruger. They fail to name the actual source.
They turn them to shape in house.
Yet, somehow, they believe they are making their own barrels...

1 SIG fan
02-02-2010, 8:47 PM
Ruger, Sig, LWRC and others buy their barrel blanks from (something LIKE) Pine Hill forgings, or Pine Top... They told me, i called and asked to end all the FUD about this. I just don't remember the 'exact' name.

technique
02-02-2010, 8:59 PM
they admit they use the same barrel forgings as Ruger that they obtain from the same source as Ruger. They fail to name the actual source.

We don't know exactly how far along they are.

This is very similar to the Noveske thing. Some people will insist that Noveske makes their own barrels because they contour and chamber them. Some will say those are still Pac-Nor barrels because that's who made the blanks. Hec, some of the Pac-Nor workers do the turning for those Noveske barrels making OT on Noveske's dime.

Who can say?

Just to touch back on my earlier comment:

I like piston guns. Heck LWRC is #2 choice of only 3 companies I would ever buy a piston gun from.
I think the argument put forth by the OP is kinda weak.

" I don't want it cuz it doesn't have a match barrel, its a Ruger barrel."

I can say from my experiences that I find piston guns slightly less accurate.
Even LWRC. I really don't notice this until beyond 400yrds. It's minimal there, but there none the less. That's point #1

Now, we're talking a semi-auto. I'll stop that there and call it point #2.

So would the benefit of a match barrel really be? I'm sure the REPR is accurate to some extent and fully capable at long range to some extent.
But if that's what you really, really want...maybe you should be looking at bolt guns. I know realistically, I don't look for bolt gun range/accuracy from my AR10.

lehn20
02-02-2010, 10:19 PM

Exactly!!

I am not trying to throw LWRC under the bus here. All I am saying is, that the barrel is inferior to the quality of the rest of the rifle, compared to MSRP.

I will take the LMT or LaRue's new 308 before the REPR, simply based on price and barrel.

http://larueosr.com/laruetacticalstealthosroptimizedsniperriflecomplet e762rifle-1.aspx

The LWRC might shoot awesome groups new out of the box, but what is the barrel life ?. I wouldnt call it a match barrel, based on what I know.

Kafka
02-03-2010, 7:39 AM
OK, I see. In order to call a barrel "made in house" you have to start with a piece of steel, drill it, rifle it, stress relieve it, etc. I wonder how many U.S. based gun companies "make" their own hammerforged barrels?

Why stop there. I think they should start with mining the iron ore, smelt it, forge bars of steel and so on. That would be truly "made in house".

The REPR has proven to be as accurate as a well tuned Rem 700 in a number of federal, state and local LE sponsored classes. The reason for this is not just the quality of the barrel but how it is mounted to the receiver. Their barrel extension is longer and stiffer than those used by other gunmakers.

lehn20
02-03-2010, 11:37 PM
I think the original REPR plans called for a Lothar Walter barrel.

Barney Gumble
02-04-2010, 10:06 AM
Who gives a crap who makes the barrel if it's a Ruger barrel it does what you need it to do?

ETA: Restated more precisely...

Kafka
02-04-2010, 1:34 PM
I think the original REPR plans called for a Lothar Walter barrel.

No. Where do you come up with this crap?

Eastbayguy
02-04-2010, 3:16 PM
No. Where do you come up with this crap?
Are you working for LWRC or trying to sell something in marketing section?:D

Kafka
02-05-2010, 9:13 AM
Are you working for LWRC or trying to sell something in marketing section?:D

No, I have never worked for LWRCI and have nothing to sell. I have known them for a while and have a great deal of respect for what they are trying to do. I will not let this blanket disinformation go uncontested and would like to know what and who is behind it.

Barney Gumble
02-05-2010, 9:22 AM
Kafka I wouldn't even waste your time. What difference is it going to make who is behind it? There are haters and there are players. The haters will always be haters and there's nothing you can do to change that. If LWRC is putting out a good product they will be successful regardless.

problemchild
02-05-2010, 11:13 AM
Lets settle this once and for all.

Any REPR owner out there will you post a target with 5 groups of 5 at 100. Even better would be 10 groups of 5 or 5 groups of 10.

Post it and settle it for good.

Jpach
02-05-2010, 2:45 PM
Lets settle this once and for all.

Any REPR owner out there will you post a target with 5 groups of 5 at 100. Even better would be 10 groups of 5 or 5 groups of 10.

Post it and settle it for good.

I agree with this, but what if the shooter sucks? I say have a good shooter do the groups for the owner if the owner isnt that great.

lehn20
02-06-2010, 11:53 PM
More REPR issues.
LWRC messed up on the lower magwell measurements. Feeding issues have been the result!.
I feel sorry for people who already bought, Kinda hard to change a magwell dimension!

This is the response from magpul on M4 forum

"Thank you for your inquiry. From all reports the current crop of LWRCI REPR rifles are NOT compatible with the PMAG 20LR due to bolt-over failures. Both the PMAG 20LR and LWRCI REPR were developed independently from each other and, with the wide variety dimensional differences between the various 7.62 NATO ARs, we designed the 20LR specifically for the Knight’s Armament series of guns. To date there has been great success with the PMAG 20LR with other brands such as the DPMS LR308, LMT 7.62 MRP, LaRue Tactical OBR, POF P-308, JP Enterprises LRP-07 and others. From what we understand LWRCI is making some changes to the lower receiver of their newest rifles to work with the 20LR, but at this point in time there is no easy fix for existing guns…

V/R,

JUSTIN BEARD
Customer Service Manager
Magpul Industries Corporation

technique
02-07-2010, 12:04 AM
LWRC has already taken back some guns from people I know due to feed issues.
Sounds like good CS...they didn't leave em high and dry...

So they aren't compatible with MP mags....??? Still don't see an issue. Sorry.

lehn20
02-08-2010, 2:19 AM
They made a gun that has no reliable magazines available on the market! Pretty big issue.
I like to see how they handle it. Kinda hard to alter a magwell. The REPR was promoted to use certain excisting magazines, but now it turns out it cant!

I think they released the REPR too soon, before everything was worked out.

X-NewYawker
02-08-2010, 7:06 AM
They made a gun that has no reliable magazines available on the market! Pretty big issue.
I like to see how they handle it. Kinda hard to alter a magwell. The REPR was promoted to use certain excisting magazines, but now it turns out it cant!

Sounds like the same problems Volquartsen is having with they mag feeding.

problemchild
06-22-2010, 7:37 PM

Did they release it too soon or did they alter the magwell dimensions and release it without testing it on all mags available? Pmags wiggle around about an inch to an inch and a half at the base.

lehn20
06-23-2010, 1:02 AM
LWRC will do a magwell modification if you send it back.

problemchild
06-23-2010, 6:07 AM
LWRC will do a magwell modification if you send it back.

Band-Aid

For 4k they should replace the lower.

lwrc_gregg
06-23-2010, 6:11 AM
Well where should we start we did have issues with the magwell due to CProducts changing the design of there 7.62 mags. However, all of those problems have been fixed. As far as the barrel its a 20,000 round barrel life with a coating on it that is more durable then a standard mil spec finish. I think that speaks for itself. As far as accuracy its easy to complain without having shot the gun but everyone that has shot has been impressed with its quality as well as its accuracy. We appreciate all of our supporters and everyone is entitled to there own opinions and we value feedback. If anyone has any questions feel free to message me and I will check it daily to make sure I can respond. Thanks Gregg at LWRC.

problemchild
06-23-2010, 6:20 AM
Well where should we start we did have issues with the magwell due to CProducts changing the design of there 7.62 mags. However, all of those problems have been fixed. As far as the barrel its a 20,000 round barrel life with a coating on it that is more durable then a standard mil spec finish. I think that speaks for itself. As far as accuracy its easy to complain without having shot the gun but everyone that has shot has been impressed with its quality as well as its accuracy. We appreciate all of our supporters and everyone is entitled to there own opinions and we value feedback. If anyone has any questions feel free to message me and I will check it daily to make sure I can respond. Thanks Gregg at LWRC.

I handled one of your rifles in a store with a Pmag in it and the mag wobbled around like crazy. Im not talking a tiny wiggle Im talking at least an inch of movement at the base of the mag. Have you redesigned the magwell on newer models because what I saw was NOT RIGHT?

The best thing about the Internet is that manufacturers cannot stuff it to the customer without it getting out. Now the customer, or in my case potential customer, can read up on a product and see if its up to par. FYI I did not buy your rifle after reading about the mag issues and seeing it first hand for myself.

Can you please post a target with 10 shots of 10 at 100m with an off the shelf REPR?

lehn20
06-23-2010, 6:23 AM
The new ones should be ok. It was the first batch that was messed up, but I agree, they should have been replaced.

I will stay in the LMT bandwagon for $2500.00:)

lwrc_gregg
06-23-2010, 10:01 AM
I handled one of your rifles in a store with a Pmag in it and the mag wobbled around like crazy. Im not talking a tiny wiggle Im talking at least an inch of movement at the base of the mag. Have you redesigned the magwell on newer models because what I saw was NOT RIGHT?

The best thing about the Internet is that manufacturers cannot stuff it to the customer without it getting out. Now the customer, or in my case potential customer, can read up on a product and see if its up to par. FYI I did not buy your rifle after reading about the mag issues and seeing it first hand for myself.

Can you please post a target with 10 shots of 10 at 100m with an off the shelf REPR?

It has been widely publicized our earlier problems with the REPR's magwells. If that was the case with that particular gun we would have been more then happy to take care of the problem. We understand that we lost some customers due to the mag issues and we regret that. However, I think you will find that everyone that has notified us have been taken care of and are now happy with there purchase. I will work on your target and getting it posted. As far as the internet being used so that manufacturers cannot stick it to the customer or potential customer I completely agree but we have not denied this issue and I feel that we have handled it in a professional manner. Thanks for the feedback. We appreciate it! - Gregg

CP3
07-19-2010, 7:28 PM
Yeah! Let's discredit one company because they obtain steel from the same manufacturer/distributer as another company! Critical thinking at it's finest....

DIG
07-20-2010, 11:37 AM
I think most people need to actually hold and fire a weapon to be able to give an honest opinion. Even then, it's purely subjective and may be tainted by bias towards one manufacturer or another by what they "heard" on the internet. A debate inevitably ensues and sounds more akin to a group of women (haggling over what purse they most prefer and which has the most durable stitching and zippers) then to a group of grown men. At times it's entertaining and at times it's disheartening.
I've been shooting an LMT MRP for several years and continue to be pleased with it's performance. I can't wait to get my hands on the new LMT308 as well but until then I ordered a REPR. I've been following LWRC's progress on this rifle since the SABR was first announced a few years ago. I have alot of respect for these guys as they truely work hard to bring great new technology to the market as well as working hard to please it's customer base if any issues need to be rectified. The attention they give to the civilian market should be applauded.
I recieved the rifle in June and brought it to the range a few weeks ago. My intentions were to acquire a quick zero and run a quick functionality check at 100yds. After zeroing I let the barrel cool. My first two shoots were POA/POI through the same hole. During the sixty rounds the group opened up to a little more than 3.5". It's about as good as I can expect under the conditions. Zero malfuntions (no FTF/FTE). Smooth as butter and very little recoil. The magazine catch issue appears to have been resolved. I didn't notice any abnormal degree of play as dramatized in previous posts on this thread. The quality of manufacturing and finish is incredible. The side-charger is fantastic and a welcomed improvement over the traditional T-charger. Cleaning was probably not needed at this point. I wasn't able to pick up hardly any fouling at all. However, I did notice some cam pin wear. LWRC says this is normal wear, the cam is properly timed and wear should eventually stop. Overall, I'm very happy with the purchase. I'm hoping to make it to the range mid-August with a little more time to spend to try to close in my group. It should be capable of sub-MOA if I do my part. In late August I'm off to Nevada to spank metal at 500 and 1000yds. I'll try to post some additional feedback when it's all said and done.

If anyone has some trigger-time on the LMT308, please post! I'd like to hear all about it. I think I have room in the safe for one more 308. :)

-

uzigalil
07-20-2010, 11:55 AM
Kafka I wouldn't even waste your time. What difference is it going to make who is behind it? There are haters and there are players. The haters will always be haters and there's nothing you can do to change that. If LWRC is putting out a good product they will be successful regardless.

Right Who cares who makes the barrel, ITS ONLY A MAJOR COMPONENT OF THE RIFLE, Does it really matter if its a Noveske,Krieger, or Obermeyer ? I mean who should care if its a barrel from someone no ones heard of ?

phamkl
07-20-2010, 12:42 PM
If it performs, it performs.

Btw, since when did LMT change it name to LWRC? More on the LMT308 and less on the REPR, plz.

elSquid
07-20-2010, 12:44 PM
Right Who cares who makes the barrel, ITS ONLY A MAJOR COMPONENT OF THE RIFLE, Does it really matter if its a Noveske,Krieger, or Obermeyer ? I mean who should care if its a barrel from someone no ones heard of ?

Well, if the blank was sourced from Pine Tree Castings, then that's Ruger:

http://www.ruger.com/casting/index.html

Ruger does have some experience with barrel making:

http://technology.calumet.purdue.edu/met/higley/Precision%20Shooting%20Magazine%20-%20November-%202005%20%28Vol_%2053%20-%20No_%207%29.htm

-- Michael