PDA

View Full Version : Rat Grips- Anyone using them?

scootergmc
01-26-2010, 8:22 PM
Heard about it from a buddy at SHOT who said it was very "grippy," for lack of a better term, and probably the best aftermarket grip he's ever felt... Anyone using it here? Feedback? Thanks in advance.

http://www.ratgrips.com/default.asp

<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/L-Hox8LfQ-M&hl=en_US&fs=1&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/L-Hox8LfQ-M&hl=en_US&fs=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>

Bug Splat
01-26-2010, 9:35 PM
Looks awfully expensive. For $10 you can get Black Plasti-Dip and just sprinkle some sand over it or rub it with a golf ball for a textured custom rubber grip.

aplinker
01-26-2010, 10:57 PM
Looks awfully expensive. For $10 you can get Black Plasti-Dip and just sprinkle some sand over it or rub it with a golf ball for a textured custom rubber grip.

or wear textured plastic gloves

epic4444
01-26-2010, 11:12 PM
The video pretty useless, camera's to far away to see exactly what he's doing

Cokebottle
01-26-2010, 11:42 PM
Definitely an example of function over form.

I would imagine that it works beautifully (for the shooter for which the grip is molded)... take a basic A2 grip and make it feel better than a CAA or Ergo...

But it looks like you covered your grip with Silly Putty and gave it a squeeze.

OutlawDon
01-26-2010, 11:46 PM
$60...I'll pass.

Plenty of good grips on the market that are cheaper and better looking and functioning.

Actually, I wouldn't get it even if it was $5, but that's just me.

ar15barrels
01-27-2010, 12:21 AM
I checked this stuff out at shot show first hand.
It's expensive, but it's awesome technology.
There's nothing else like it on the market.
It's much more "grippy" than your typical molded rubber grips such as a Hogue.

corrupt
01-27-2010, 12:32 AM
Shooting weak side or reaction side or whatever people are calling it these days, would be weird. Pass.

allenst65
01-27-2010, 12:57 AM
Ahh, the miracle of modern thermoplastics.

We have bags of similar polymers at work that are quite common, so I was amused to see these being used at the consumer level with extremely high price tags being slapped on the very small sample sizes. The craft market has similar offerings under the Friendly Plastic and Shapelock monickers.

Buy in bulk and repackage with 1000% markup, gotta love 'technology'.

scootergmc
01-27-2010, 6:07 PM
Ahh, the miracle of modern thermoplastics.

We have bags of similar polymers at work that are quite common, so I was amused to see these being used at the consumer level with extremely high price tags being slapped on the very small sample sizes. The craft market has similar offerings under the Friendly Plastic and Shapelock monickers.

Buy in bulk and repackage with 1000% markup, gotta love 'technology'.

Have you tried this with any of your polymers from work? I'd be interested in knowing the results. I've been in the market for a new grip for the AR, just trying to find something I like.