PDA

View Full Version : STEN MK3 questions

Rooftop Voter
01-26-2010, 5:16 PM
STEN = would it be considered a "featureless" weapon since it doesnt have a pistol grip which then would not require a bullet button? And does anyone know what the OAL would be with a 16" barrel? I could only find the original MK3 specs which was 30" with a 7" barrel...
Does the "T-stock" doesnt fold in any way or adjust?

long_action
01-26-2010, 5:26 PM
I'm a bit hazy on these as well..

I do know that the stock has to be pinned.
OAL with a 16" Barrel should be well over minimum.
I think that little nub of a PG is still considered a PG and it might therefore require a mag-lock..

I think I saw a post a few weeks back about a member from NV saying that his shop intended on importing those to CA (properly modified) some time soon.

supermario
01-26-2010, 5:31 PM
Yes it was Henderson Defense that may make them cali legal with a fake suppressor. :D I dont have any idea on the price but sure would be a cool 9mm

B Strong
01-26-2010, 5:32 PM
STEN = would it be considered a "featureless" weapon since it doesnt have a pistol grip which then would not require a bullet button? And does anyone know what the OAL would be with a 16" barrel? I could only find the original MK3 specs which was 30" with a 7" barrel...
Does the "T-stock" doesnt fold in any way or adjust?

First up. the T stock has a flat plate welded to the tube with a hole for the thumb - no go - either the plate would have to be removed, the hole plugged (which at that point it might still be possible to wrap the thumb around it - I don't have one in hand so I'm guessing) or you'd have to go to the wire stock with the area behind the tube closed (a kydex cover would do it.)

Simple math - if it's 30" with the GI 7" barrel, a 16" tube is going to get you to 39"

The T's, wire and Mk IV butts are all fixed.

Remember, you have to build the thing using one of the closed bolt schemes, and the tube can't readily accept the original OB parts.

Rooftop Voter
01-26-2010, 5:43 PM
I thought the hand wraps completely around the grip with no fingers going through it... ?

Sicarius
01-27-2010, 10:05 AM
You can get the wire stock and weld some sheet metal inside. If building one you can use an uzi barrel.
Kevin