PDA

View Full Version : Today's market price for a used Socom 16

Corbin Dallas
01-26-2010, 3:38 PM
What is considered a resonable price for a Socom 16 in todays market?

Yes, I know a few years ago you could get it for $11-1200 new... It's no longer a few years ago.

So, what say you.

Evo
01-26-2010, 5:48 PM
Bud's has them listed at $1530 new but they're out of stock. As with most things I'd say the used price depends on how fast you want to sell it.

If you're holding out for the best price maybe $1250-$1350
If you want to sell in two weeks $1100-$1200
If you want to sell it today $1000 (PM me I'll take it!)

My personal feeling is if there is less that a 20% saving over new I'll go new, but that's just me.

Trendkill
01-26-2010, 6:10 PM
I use Gunbroker to help me gauge what people are spending these days on a particular item....type it in and see what they have sold for....average them out.

http://www.gunbroker.com/

However...CA firearms sell at a higher cost...so factor that in too.

sevensix2x51
01-26-2010, 6:21 PM
i got a used socom 16 at socal gun with an aimpoint ml2 installed, for $1500, less than a year ago. they had one with an eotech for the same price. so i'd say 1250, 1300? seems fair to me.

g17owner
01-26-2010, 7:23 PM
since it is a gun you can get in socal and with theit availability becoming more appearant id say around 1200. i got friend who wants to sell a nice socom II. hes been wondering the same thing

louscamaro91
01-26-2010, 7:41 PM
1250-1350 seems fair $1350 with some extras $1250 for just rifle

Corbin Dallas
01-27-2010, 5:33 AM
Thanks guys! I had a seller that wanted 1200 cash plus a trade value of 500 for his socom16. Now I know he was asking way too much.

aplinker
01-27-2010, 12:03 PM
Thanks guys! I had a seller that wanted 1200 cash plus a trade value of 500 for his socom16. Now I know he was asking way too much.

That's in top-dollar SOCOM II with extended top rail territory.

PaperPuncher
01-27-2010, 12:59 PM
My personal feeling is if there is less that a 20% saving over new I'll go new, but that's just me.

I would agree with this to a certain extent. Ruling out inflatiuon of course. If I saved 20% over what the person bought it for new then I would consider it. But if the guy bought it for "X" amount a few years ago and wants to sell it used as if he bought it at today's prices then I personally wouldn't give him the satisfaction of making the sale. New things go up in price over time. Used things depreciate over time from the price they were originally sold for. Things that become collectors items can begin to increase in value once they become collectable but they start to increase in value from the current used value and as they become more collectable they continue to increase in price.

Just my .02 and people will disagree but I will admit that I am personnally very biased against anything used. It's not you, its me. I just have an aversion to anything I cannot confirm the history of. And by confirm I do mean having some guy tell me that he never rode him motorcycle hard, or put hot loads down his barrel (not talking dirty), or never had a malfunction on whatever gizmo. Factual data is what I am looking for and this is hard to come by when you add the human element.

freonr22
01-27-2010, 1:03 PM
Just my .02 and people will disagree but I will admit that I am personnally very biased against anything used. It's not you, its me. I just have an aversion to anything I cannot confirm the history of. And by confirm I do mean having some guy tell me that he never rode him motorcycle hard, or put hot loads down his barrel (not talking dirty), or never had a malfunction on whatever gizmo. Factual data is what I am looking for and this is hard to come by when you add the human element.

I respect your opinion PaperPuncher.
I am usually the opposite. I see much value in used (when its significantly less than new. but thats what makes America great it diversity of opinions :)

PaperPuncher
01-27-2010, 1:08 PM
I respect your opinion PaperPuncher.
I am usually the opposite. I see much value in used (when its significantly less than new. but thats what makes America great it diversity of opinions :)

Absolutely. Well said. I don't know why I have such an issue with the used market, I guess that is just the way that I am. Believe me, it is certainly not because I can afford new stuff, lol.