PDA

View Full Version : Texas Monthly Talks TED NUGENT

mark2203
01-26-2010, 11:14 AM
Best line? I don't like "repeat offenders," I like "dead offenders."

LCHtw6WbbnM

yellowfin
01-26-2010, 11:37 AM
We need more new videos to this effect, and more of them done not just in front of a news commentator, but directly spoken to in the presence of the worst anti gun politicians to address them and their ideas for what they really are. I'd like to see it rubbed directly in their face like this, as many times publicly as necessary to put them out of business. For whatever reason it's too rarely put to them this way when it counts, when they're in the middle of their atrocities, when they're on live national TV.

Turo
01-26-2010, 11:40 AM
I've seen this video a few times, always makes me smile :D!

glock_this
01-26-2010, 11:40 AM
Can't knock his knowledge base and ability to speak, and agree with him, but he is a bit overly opinionated & extreme for my tastes and for our cause.. IMHO - I think most people who see him walk away thinking "WTF?" and I am not sure his delivery is the best. I can take it and understand it, but those we are trying to bring around, not so much.

SJgunguy24
01-26-2010, 11:45 AM
We need more new videos to this effect, and more of them done not just in front of a news commentator, but directly spoken to in the presence of the worst anti gun politicians to address them and their ideas for what they really are. I'd like to see it rubbed directly in their face like this, as many times publicly as necessary to put them out of business. For whatever reason it's too rarely put to them this way when it counts, when they're in the middle of their atrocities, when they're on live national TV.

Do you really think any of those anti's will debate Ted 1 on 1?
HELL NO, he knows his sh*t and will rip any and all of their arguments to shreads.
I got into it with some lady at Oakridge Mall and within 1 minute she backed off.
My simple case to her was this. "What are you going to do if I am in your home and the police are 5 minutes away?"

Her answer, "I've never heard it put like that before, theres a lot that could happen in 5 minutes."

SJgunguy24
01-26-2010, 11:47 AM
Can't knock his knowledge base and ability to speak, and agree with him, but he is a bit overly opinionated & extreme for my tastes and for our cause.. IMHO - I think most people who see him walk away thinking "WTF?" and I am not sure his delivery is the best. I can take it and understand it, but those we are trying to bring around, not so much.

And the screaming Anti's calling me a murderer is any better?

yellowfin
01-26-2010, 11:49 AM
I'm not talking about just Ted, I'm talking about ANY politician or speaker on our side taking the gloves off and throwing everything at them like this. None of the softball mushy pre-packaged tofu crap you see coming from the likes of McCain, Steele, Romney, and their kind. Not settling for witty half hearted "zingers", but full power knockout barbed wire wrapped punches directly in the teeth like Ted's stuff we see here.

glock_this
01-26-2010, 11:49 AM
And the screaming Anti's calling me a murderer is any better?

uh no, but that's not who were talking about here. plus I have no context for you comment, so not even sure what your talking about.

Gio
01-26-2010, 11:53 AM
Amen to that, preach it Nugent!

-Gio

choprzrul
01-26-2010, 12:00 PM
Tedly can be quite animated and speaks his mind!

SevenFifty
01-26-2010, 12:07 PM
The world needs more people like Ted!!

Asmodai
01-26-2010, 2:07 PM
Gotta love Ted, he's crazy, but he's right.

mrlonewolf
01-26-2010, 2:11 PM
I like the guy.

P.W.
01-26-2010, 2:16 PM
I just saw him Friday and he went into detail about a few things that need to happen to this state which you all would agree with ;)

krazz
01-26-2010, 3:52 PM
The problem with Ted Nugent is that it takes a lot just to get past his douchbaginess. Once you do that, he's good to go.

qaz987
01-26-2010, 4:20 PM
Love TG, Cat scratch fever baby!

bodger
01-26-2010, 6:10 PM
Ted's got the right idea. Unadulterated pro Second Amendment right to keep and bear.

audiophil2
01-26-2010, 8:22 PM
The world needs more people like Ted!!

Do some research on him and you may reconsider.

Silencer
01-27-2010, 4:13 AM
Do some research on him and you may reconsider.

Tell us now, what 'research' have you done? What did you find that would change his/our mind about Ted?

supersonic
01-27-2010, 5:38 AM
No matter how Ted chooses to put it out there, there's ONE thing NO ONE can argue about: he's absolutely, unequivocally, 100% R.I.G.H.T. (but I'M WEIRD!?!):cool:

cal3gunner
01-27-2010, 7:40 AM

audiophil2
01-27-2010, 9:04 AM
Tell us now, what 'research' have you done? What did you find that would change his/our mind about Ted?

I won't tell you anything. It's up to you to do your research and make your own decision.
I'll help you in the right direction though:
Google
Ted Nugent draft dodger
Ted Nugent pedophile

supersonic
01-29-2010, 4:58 AM
I won't tell you anything. It's up to you to do your research and make your own decision.
I'll help you in the right direction though:
Google
Ted Nugent draft dodger
Ted Nugent pedophile

WOW, did THAT bring this discussion to a screeching HALT! My earlier post still stands, and cannot be argued. About the two 'Google' references: 1) Yes, apparently Ted did some pretty s**tty stuff (no pun intended) to get out of serving in 'Nam. Well, shame on him. People DO make mistakes though, but I won't argue the severity of this one, as I am not qualified to. Neither is anyone else who has never served. 2) HOWEVER (and that's a BIG "HOWEVER"), IMO, a 'pedophile' is a MUCH more serious accusation. It is also one that is still, to this very day, unproven. He WAS 30 when he married his second wife (after going through legal channels for custody), who was less than a year away from her 18th birthday. THAT is not even CLOSE to pedophilia. Not even close. Nothing else has been substantiated. At all.

audiophil2
01-29-2010, 10:31 AM
WOW, did THAT bring this discussion to a screeching HALT! My earlier post still stands, and cannot be argued. About the two 'Google' references: 1) Yes, apparently Ted did some pretty s**tty stuff (no pun intended) to get out of serving in 'Nam. Well, shame on him. People DO make mistakes though, but I won't argue the severity of this one, as I am not qualified to. Neither is anyone else who has never served. 2) HOWEVER (and that's a BIG "HOWEVER"), IMO, a 'pedophile' is a MUCH more serious accusation. It is also one that is still, to this very day, unproven. He WAS 30 when he married his second wife (after going through legal channels for custody), who was less than a year away from her 18th birthday. THAT is not even CLOSE to pedophilia. Not even close. Nothing else has been substantiated. At all.

Today he would be a registered sex offender. He admits freely to it. Courteny Love alleged that she had certain acts on him when she was 12. Might be untrue but we are talking rock star and groupie. Do you think it can't happen? Ted states he is sober and drug free. Other rock stars laugh at this that toured with him.
Nothing was substantial because he has the money to keep it that way. Was Micheal Jackson ever tossed into jail for child molestation? Does the general public believe something wrong was happening at neverland? Money makes things go away.
Ted is a draft-dodging, drug using, sex offender, and an adulterer that spent a fortune to fight child support but as long as he likes guns he is A-OK. I guess my choice of a role model and yours are way different.
What he has to say means little when it comes from someone like him.

supersonic
01-29-2010, 9:21 PM
Today he a)would be a registered sex offender. b)He admits freely to it. c)Courteny Love alleged that she had certain acts on him when she was 12. Might be untrue but we are talking rock star and groupie. Do you think it can't happen? d)Ted states he is sober and drug free. Other rock stars laugh at this that toured with him.
e)Nothing was substantial because he has the money to keep it that way. Was Micheal Jackson ever tossed into jail for child molestation? Does the general public believe something wrong was happening at neverland? Money makes things go away.
Ted is a draft-dodging, drug using, sex offender, and an adulterer that spent a fortune to fight child support but as long as he likes guns he is A-OK.f) I guess my choice of a role model and yours are way different.
What he has to say means little when it comes from someone like him.

a)But he's NOT. Period. b)Show me PROOF. c):rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:IF you knew anything about the credibility/history of this known piece of trash, (maybe?) you wouldn't have embarrassed yourself in using her as part of your 'argument' against Ted, whom you obviously have a personal vendetta with d)And Gene Simmons states the same about himself. Again, laughable as these 'corroborators' were all KNOWN junkies @ the time (he toured HEAVILY with Mountain (Leslie West); Aerosmith ("Toxic Twins" S.Tyler/J.perry); Hendrix (hmmm....HOW did he die?); VanHalen (EVH&DLR=BIGGEST cokeheads on the scene @ the time) e)MJacko had BILLIONS more than TED ever will have, and HE was under intense investigation & was made to "reveal his genitals to LEO for 'IDENTIFICATION'"----why has nothing of the sort ever happened to Ted? Your $$$ theory is already a joke f)I NEVER eluded that Nugent was ANY kind of "role model." Again, another invention by YOU. I'm not here to argue over his innocence or guilt, but, like I said, you obviously seem to have a personal issue with him......and all my "a's b's & c's" just blew holes in all your UNSUBSTANTIATED "FACTS" (including, AGAIN, your 'invention' that I said he was/is a 'role model'.....show us where I made any indication of such thing? Please, don't make s**t up that just isn't there.), therefore blowing your credibility right out of the water. ;)

audiophil2
01-30-2010, 4:56 AM
a)But he's NOT. Period. b)Show me PROOF. c):rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:IF you knew anything about the credibility/history of this known piece of trash, (maybe?) you wouldn't have embarrassed yourself in using her as part of your 'argument' against Ted, whom you obviously have a personal vendetta with d)And Gene Simmons states the same about himself. Again, laughable as these 'corroborators' were all KNOWN junkies @ the time (he toured HEAVILY with Mountain (Leslie West); Aerosmith ("Toxic Twins" S.Tyler/J.perry); Hendrix (hmmm....HOW did he die?); VanHalen (EVH&DLR=BIGGEST cokeheads on the scene @ the time) e)MJacko had BILLIONS more than TED ever will have, and HE was under intense investigation & was made to "reveal his genitals to LEO for 'IDENTIFICATION'"----why has nothing of the sort ever happened to Ted? Your $$$ theory is already a joke f)I NEVER eluded that Nugent was ANY kind of "role model." Again, another invention by YOU. I'm not here to argue over his innocence or guilt, but, like I said, you obviously seem to have a personal issue with him......and all my "a's b's & c's" just blew holes in all your UNSUBSTANTIATED "FACTS" (including, AGAIN, your 'invention' that I said he was/is a 'role model'.....show us where I made any indication of such thing? Please, don't make s**t up that just isn't there.), therefore blowing your credibility right out of the water. ;)

A) The data base began in 1991. The childs parents allowed him to have sex with her. She was 14 when they started dating. Hole in your rebuttal.
B) Unfortunately, Ted never progresses beyond his teenaged mentality as evidenced by this episode of Behind The Music. Ted spends the bulk of this program proving what a hypocrite he is. He lambastes drug users and alcohol drinkers, but repeatedly admits (without a trace of humility, however) to being a serial pedophile. Two relationships (one with his wife and one with “muse” Pele Massa, who was 17 when they started dating) were ended due to Ted’s infidelity while on the road, often with underage women. But Ted justifies his behavior with one of his trademark funny expressions: “alternative flesh management.”
B1)This was a quote from Metal Sludge magazine, which they have now removed. Wonder why?

"In the same interview, he admitted to being addicted to p***y. Specifically young underage p***y. And yes, he conned some 16 year old girls parents into having him made legal custodian to their daughter, whom he had been having sex with for 2 years anyway, just so he could marry her."

Blown away again.
C)Look up the term "allegation". Again blown away, literally.
D)Thanks for proving my point.
E)Little boys versus 12+ girls who willingly engaged in the activity. Still statutory rape. Blown away again.
F)By promoting his pro-gun, anti-pedophile hypocrosy you are furthering his cause to be a 2A role model. You agree with what he says. While some of it may make sense, it is coming from one of the worst people that should be speaking on behalf of the 2A. You protect him like a role model and see past all his crimes. It would be the same as if Hitler were alive today and said the Jews were OK people afterall.
Sorry, but I simply can't agree with a scumbag just because he changed his ways. I don't like chickenhawks as much of my family has served in the military. My cousin has been in and out of iraq/Kuwait, Afghanistan since 1991.
You can't see the forest through the trees.

bodger
01-30-2010, 6:52 AM
I didn't know about Nugent's draft dodging. I guess he's all about standing up for our rights, as long as somebody else does the real fighting.

As a veteran, I've got no use for Ted now. Thanks for the heads up on this douche.

supersonic
01-30-2010, 6:59 AM
You are simply bending & molding this little tirade you are dishing out to your own agenda. You STILL have shown no PROOF (look that one up, audiophile!:p) You are still quoting "sources" such as "VH-1's Behind the Music" (the Wikipedia of rock stars) and some rag called "Metal Sludge" (gee, wonder how THEIR credibility stands?), and have gone no further to prove your......um....."facts".LOL. And the fact that you are still using National Enquirer/WorldNews/Globe-esque "sources" for your "info" just goes to prove you believe everything you read & hear, no matter from whose A$S it comes. Please don't waste any more of this forum's time until you can provide LINKS that are of KNOWN CREDIBLE JOURNALISTIC INTEGRITY (AND SHOW PROOF W/ ACTUAL DOCUMENTATION). Again, just the fact that I agree with the man's 2ndA opinions and called you out on your STILL UNPROVEN "FACTS" made you INVENT my vote for Ted as some "role model." Just that one fabrication, alone, makes you a liar, as you are bending it to meet "your" ridiculous idea that, what did you say? "By promoting his pro-gun, anti-pedophile hypocrisy you are furthering his cause to be a 2A role model. You agree with what he says. While some of it may make sense, it is coming from one of the worst people that should be speaking on behalf of the 2A. You protect him like a role model and see past all his crimes. It would be the same as if Hitler were alive today and said the Jews were OK people afterall.".....Unbef**kingLIEVEABLE!!! AND(!), NOW you are making comparisons between Ted Nugent and a nutjob/mass murderer who exterminated 6,000,000 innocent people a few years ago? Now you are just laughable, at BEST. Adios, "audiophile.";)

supersonic
01-30-2010, 7:07 AM
I didn't know about Nugent's draft dodging. I guess he's all about standing up for our rights, as long as somebody else does the real fighting.

As a veteran, I've got no use for Ted now. Thanks for the heads up on this douche.

Neither did I until about a year ago.I have all respect for your opinion, as you are certainly much more qualified for such a view than someone who has never been there. I will definitely be the first to admit that when I read the FACTS (get that, "audiophile?") about the "s**tting in his pants to get out of the draft", it absolutely lowered my opinion/respect for the guy. He's 100% right in what he says about the 2ndA and punishing violent felons/repeat offenders, but that's where it should stop. He really has no business commenting on the current state of the military & hanging out with GI's and making himself look like "part of the club," when in all truth, he is very far from it.

audiophil2
01-30-2010, 2:42 PM
You are simply bending & molding this little tirade you are dishing out to your own agenda. You STILL have shown no PROOF (look that one up, audiophile!:p) You are still quoting "sources" such as "VH-1's Behind the Music" (the Wikipedia of rock stars) and some rag called "Metal Sludge" (gee, wonder how THEIR credibility stands?), and have gone no further to prove your......um....."facts".LOL. And the fact that you are still using National Enquirer/WorldNews/Globe-esque "sources" for your "info" just goes to prove you believe everything you read & hear, no matter from whose A$S it comes. Please don't waste any more of this forum's time until you can provide LINKS that are of KNOWN CREDIBLE JOURNALISTIC INTEGRITY (AND SHOW PROOF W/ ACTUAL DOCUMENTATION). Again, just the fact that I agree with the man's 2ndA opinions and called you out on your STILL UNPROVEN "FACTS" made you INVENT my vote for Ted as some "role model." Just that one fabrication, alone, makes you a liar, as you are bending it to meet "your" ridiculous idea that, what did you say? .....Unbef**kingLIEVEABLE!!! AND(!), NOW you are making comparisons between Ted Nugent and a nutjob/mass murderer who exterminated 6,000,000 innocent people a few years ago? Now you are just laughable, at BEST. Adios, "audiophile.";)

The words were from Nugents mouth himself. It would take more time to actually privide video or transcript so since you seem to think there is no proof why don't you find the video and transcripts.
You can be pro chickenhawk all you like. It's your right. I use common sense to piece the circumstantial evidence together and draw my own conclusion. That does not mean you have to agree so just look the other way and like the guy. Your middle finger to those that serve and have served this country is all the statement I need to know what kind of character you are.

audiophil2
01-30-2010, 2:50 PM
Neither did I until about a year ago.I have all respect for your opinion, as you are certainly much more qualified for such a view than someone who has never been there. I will definitely be the first to admit that when I read the FACTS (get that, "audiophile?") about the "s**tting in his pants to get out of the draft", it absolutely lowered my opinion/respect for the guy. He's 100% right in what he says about the 2ndA and punishing violent felons/repeat offenders, but that's where it should stop. He really has no business commenting on the current state of the military & hanging out with GI's and making himself look like "part of the club," when in all truth, he is very far from it.

The second amendment exists because of the non-chickenhawk, non-draft dodgers. Ted refused to serve his country and risk his life to protect the 2A but he is so willing to go on tv and say real soldiers must fight for the 2A. Pathetic. Yet you are so willing to look past the bad side of Ted simply to support opinions that are already shared by many decent, law abiding Americans without the capability of using the media as a popularity contest.

Army
01-30-2010, 3:10 PM
Ted told his "draft dodging" fantasy to a wonk from Rolling Stone magazine. Reality was.....his draft number was pretty high.

No dodge.

Her words.."...although he was my legal guardian, he didn't sexually touch me until I was 18. We did that so we could live together." Ted says he be called a pedophile by today's elevated standards (as was the recent blow-up concerning a Soldier in Iraq, with an innocent photo of his toddler niece in a bathing suit).

Ted has always deplored drugs and rampant drinking, witnessing the loss of myriad band members, and deaths of famous hippie rockers of the 60's and 70's from drug abuse.

Go to his website forum ( http://www.tednugent.com/forums/21/ShowForum.aspx ), and ask his historians/fans about these subjects. You'll get an honest response, rather than some hack writer blather.

bodger
01-30-2010, 5:37 PM
Ted told his "draft dodging" fantasy to a wonk from Rolling Stone magazine. Reality was.....his draft number was pretty high.

No dodge.

Her words.."...although he was my legal guardian, he didn't sexually touch me until I was 18. We did that so we could live together." Ted says he be called a pedophile by today's elevated standards (as was the recent blow-up concerning a Soldier in Iraq, with an innocent photo of his toddler niece in a bathing suit).

Ted has always deplored drugs and rampant drinking, witnessing the loss of myriad band members, and deaths of famous hippie rockers of the 60's and 70's from drug abuse.

Go to his website forum ( http://www.tednugent.com/forums/21/ShowForum.aspx ), and ask his historians/fans about these subjects. You'll get an honest response, rather than some hack writer blather.

I went to the site you linked. TedNugent.com

He states in an interview posted there that he had a 1Y student deferment as a result of enrolling at Oakland Community College. Ted denies the claim about crapping in his pants.

Also in the interview, Ted confirms some previous quotes:

"I wanted to teach the stupid bastards in the military a lesson."
"I didn't want to get my Michigan *** blown off in Vietnam"

Ted says he feels guilty and embarrassed now that he didn't join and serve.

There are those that are of the opinion that obtaining a student deferment in the days of the Vietnam War was in fact dodging the draft.

It was a non-issue for me. I registered for the draft in 1971 on my 18th birthday as was required by law, and enlisted in the military one month later upon graduating from high school.

I'm glad I don't have to know what it feels like to talk all the crap Ted talks, yet not have served to protect and defend.

bodger
01-30-2010, 7:35 PM

No dodge.

(snip)

"Pretty high"? ..or high enough to miss the cutoff of the Administrative Processing Number for the lottery that would have applied to him?

Ted was born on 13 December 1948. The Selective Service lottery that applied to his age group was held on 1 December 1969, and included men born from 1 January 1944 to 31 December 1950.

Nugent's lottery number was 163. The administrative processing number
for the lottery he was in went to 195 that year. Men with higher numbers than Nugent did in fact receive induction notices.

Considering everything else Ted had going on when he enrolled in college, it seems doubtful that he suddenly decided to go to college as a back-up to his rock and roll career.

Seems like a dodge.

Rose1
01-31-2010, 6:11 PM
Am I the only person here, who watched that VH1 show about Ted Nugent? He actually said himself, he would have parents sign over custody of their daughters to him. (Because they would probably go with drug addicts anyway) to paraphrase him. Long story short, we are supposed to believe that nonsense, they'd be better of with him. OMG!! I can not believe that nobody saw that show, or this is even BEING disputed.
And, according to every site I've seen, he's also a draft dodger. I guess this is why he likes 5 X deferred Cheyney, a marriage made in heaven.
IF ANYONE WANTS THIS DUDE AS THEIR REP, WELL...ENOUGH SAID FOR DESPERATE PEOPLE.