PDA

View Full Version : I didn't get the RRA CAR A4 Kit

Gnote
01-03-2006, 5:38 PM
For those who have been generous with your time to help me and those who have been reading my last post:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=26172

Thank you but I did not get the CAR A4 Kit. :mad:

No, its not because it was a bad kit. No its not because RRA is crap or something. It is because my surprise backfired.

I wanted to get the boyfriend enough to build his naked Stag lower and when everything was in order and I presented to him, he told me he wanted to go Stag.Aparently he was looking at the kit as well but changed his mind. So in a mad dash and rush, this is what I ended up ordering today. Well he did his own research and ordered but I'm paying.

Stag-15 Model 2HL Pre-ban Upper Half with A2 front post (minus Arms #40)
RRA Lower parts kit
RRA NM two stage trigger
Ambi Selector
Phantom flash hider
RRA Tactical CAR 6 Position Collapsible Buttstock (with buffer and spring) unmarked

Yes it is left handed for him. Now note that it is missing a rear site. I told him I was going to get the GG&G MAD BUIS but he wants an EOTech. What is it with guys an electronics? He'll probably end up getting both but I think the EOTech will come much sooner. He also wanted different color "furniture" but I think black is very slimming.:p

All in all, I think it is a decent setup for a first AR and it is a Stag for the most part.

Anyway, he wore this really REALLY big grin (looked kinda lke this - :D ) all afternoon and I have to tell ya that I am pretty excited as well.

I really do want to thank all of you kind folks again though.

Charliegone
01-03-2006, 5:45 PM
I must say, you are a good girlfriend!:D Good luck!

GTKrockeTT
01-03-2006, 5:48 PM
if only all girlfriends were like you.

Okami
01-03-2006, 5:49 PM
+1
Very Cool!

~Okami

Gnote
01-03-2006, 6:10 PM
In his defense, he did get me a nice over/under for my birthday although he got himself one as well.:cool:

stevie
01-03-2006, 6:25 PM
Gnote, may want to look at the Troy Buis. I have one and a Arms 40, much prefer the troy over the Arms.

Gunner1
01-03-2006, 6:57 PM
Good choice of parts, I dont think you will have any problems with your choices. You wouldn't have a similar minded sister or anything would ya? My brother in law could sure use a progun minded wife:D

Gunner

glock_this
01-03-2006, 8:12 PM
are you really a girl? what girl friend does this stuff? :)

Gnote
01-03-2006, 8:33 PM
stevie:

I found this while looking for a BUIS.
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=169419

The second page, the poster had some concern regarding the Troy. Not sure if it is a valid concern though.

Gunner1:

The funny thing is my BF was anti-gun but republican before his brother got him into it. Now he out hoes his brother. I was way anti-gun and an Dem until my BF sweet talked me into going to the range with him. It is something we do together now.

TechnicalTed:

Very cool stuff. Borrowing from Bill, our intent is to only build a CA legal rifle. ;) Now after the registration however....:p

Now the bolt release is something to look into NOW. Just need to make sure it does not get in the way of the dust cover. Left handed model has the cover on the left side.

glock_this:

This girl loves this! I have to admit though that being a girl has its disadvantages. I read somewhere that the sports boys play as kids helps them to develope their timing database, eye/hand coordination, etc. while us females don't get that when we are young and are learning at a much older age. I like the fact that my BF can still impress me though.

bu-bye
01-03-2006, 8:53 PM
Do you have a sister for my brother :D

I'm already spoken for :( . J/K ;)

artherd
01-03-2006, 8:54 PM
In his defense, he did get me a nice over/under for my birthday although he got himself one as well.:cool:

Excellent list and rundown. I'm with you on the BUIS (AND an EOtec so they can co-whitness.)

If he's a lefty he'll probally like an ambi mag catch too.

May I ask if you have a sister? ;)

DULLYJAY
01-03-2006, 10:13 PM
Now note that it is missing a rear site. I told him I was going to get the GG&G MAD BUIS but he wants an EOTech. What is it with guys an electronics? He'll probably end up getting both but I think the EOTech will come much sooner.
EOTech's are good sights,but they take batteries. Batteries can go dead at the wornge time. I'll go iron sights 1st. More so if you're new to A.R's. You might not ever learn to you use the irons good with that red dot up there.
K.I.S.S.. Just my 2cent.

stevie
01-04-2006, 3:50 AM
as stated above there seemed to have been a few sights that were bad, but many more have been fine. I have both Aimpoint and EOTech, they both have advantages/disadvantages. BUIS is a good idea, when running in a Tac. Rifle CLass my Aimpoint broke and needed the irons. So do not forget to pick up a set whatever brand you prefer.

bu-bye
01-04-2006, 7:42 AM
My buddy has a Aimpoint M3 with 2 MOA dot and has it co-witness with his irons and it works great. To me that is the ideal setup. You have the function of a red dot but if it goes bad no changes need to be made to shot your irons. He has the aimpoint on a Larue quick detach mount so if it needed to go it only takes a second. Besides the new aimpoint has a LOOOOOOOONNNNNGGGG battery life. Something like 5 years. Thats my plan for my RRA A4 setup.

glock_this
01-04-2006, 10:47 AM
My buddy has a Aimpoint M3 with 2 MOA dot and has it co-witness with his irons and it works great. To me that is the ideal setup. You have the function of a red dot but if it goes bad no changes need to be made to shot your irons. He has the aimpoint on a Larue quick detach mount so if it needed to go it only takes a second. Besides the new aimpoint has a LOOOOOOOONNNNNGGGG battery life. Something like 5 years. Thats my plan for my RRA A4 setup.

+1 on that logic (though I opted for EOTech - same concept).

DULLYJAY
01-04-2006, 11:42 AM
All I was tring to say is, "You should start off with iron sights, if you can't get both at the same time.