PDA

View Full Version : Getting ccw permit

verynew2this
01-25-2010, 9:59 AM
What is the best way in alameda county to get your ccw?

fd15k
01-25-2010, 10:00 AM
lol

verynew2this
01-25-2010, 10:02 AM
Wont happen huh?

Billy Jack
01-25-2010, 10:03 AM
12050 PC, AG Opinion on Good Cause. Read both.

Billy Jack

www.californiaconcealedcarry.com

fd15k
01-25-2010, 10:13 AM
Wont happen huh?

Most recent stats are for 2007 (old, but still can see the trend) - 195 licenses issued in Alameda,
some of which are probably renewals.

http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/forms/pdf/ccwissuances2007.pdf

dirtykoala
01-25-2010, 10:19 AM
there are several ways to get a CCW:
be famous
be a jewler
have been shot on 6 different occations
be a cop
donate $25k+ to the sherrifs (re) election campaign
be a pharmacist

wait for 2a incorperation, guarunteed to happen in 5 months or 5 days or 5 years or 55 years or something like that, just wait, the right people are on it.

Doheny
01-25-2010, 10:35 AM

It's tough to get a CCW anywhere in the bay area.

wildhawker
01-25-2010, 10:42 AM
It's tough pretty much impossible to get a CCW anywhere in the bay area.

Fixed it for ya. ;)

ldivinag
01-25-2010, 11:11 AM

be a black home owner in oakland. then proceed to call the cops on drug dealers and hang members hanging around your house. so much so that they attack your home.

you then catch shoot the criminals and you still wont leave your home and move to a safer neighborhood.

THEN and only THEN will you get a chance to get a CCW...

MrClamperSir
01-25-2010, 1:30 PM
be a black home owner in oakland. then proceed to call the cops on drug dealers and hang members hanging around your house. so much so that they attack your home.

you then catch shoot the criminals and you still wont leave your home and move to a safer neighborhood.

THEN and only THEN will you get a chance to get a CCW...

Huh?

CCWFacts
01-25-2010, 1:46 PM
Huh?

Patrick McCullough (http://articles.sfgate.com/2006-02-18/news/17282383_1_drug-dealers-mccullough-shot-patrick-mccullough) was the only black in his whole area willing to "snitch" to get the thugs out of his neighborhood. He called the police repeatedly to report drug dealers and thugs on his street. Remember, this is in Oakland, where they can have a murder on a crowded street in the middle of the day and no one witnesses it. And here's Mr. McCullough, calling the cops.

Finally "the community" as they call it wouldn't tolerate it anymore. They went into his yard and confronted him. He shot. Oakland PD informally told him to start carrying a gun. He also was able to get a CCW (can't remember if he got it from Oakland or Alameda).

So yeah, that's about what it takes to get one.

thedrickel
01-25-2010, 1:48 PM
I'm applying in San Mateo County. You can't win if you don't play the game.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=261712

nicki
01-25-2010, 1:56 PM
I talked with Pat briefly and he told me that it was a difficult process to get the CCW itself even with "Good Cause".

Alameda really makes those few lucky people jump through hoops and they will allow you only ONE gun on your permit.

Nicki

Whiskey84
01-25-2010, 2:25 PM
wait for 2a incorperation, guarunteed to happen in 5 months or 5 days or 5 years or 55 years or something like that, just wait, the right people are on it.

Isn't it 2 weeks? LOL jokes. CCW in Alameda county is virtually impossible...

Billy Jack
01-25-2010, 2:44 PM
Unless a person is involved intimately in the process of issuing CCW's in a particular department it is disingenuous to say it is impossible to acquire a CCW without knowing the applicants Good Cause and circumstances.

If you have personal, firsthand information that a given department is impossible please share it here. Members have got to stop talking each other out of applying.

We recently assisted an applicant in obtaining a SDSO CCW. I have seen it posted here that San Diego Sheriff Office is impossible. Either I am a miracle worker or posters are, well WRONG! Seems someone else applied to SDSO and was denied on two grounds. Hum, oh well it will come to me.

Stop being your own worst enemy.

Billy Jack

fd15k
01-25-2010, 5:19 PM
Unless a person is involved intimately in the process of issuing CCW's in a particular department it is disingenuous to say it is impossible to acquire a CCW without knowing the applicants Good Cause and circumstances.

If you have personal, firsthand information that a given department is impossible please share it here. Members have got to stop talking each other out of applying.

We recently assisted an applicant in obtaining a SDSO CCW. I have seen it posted here that San Diego Sheriff Office is impossible. Either I am a miracle worker or posters are, well WRONG! Seems someone else applied to SDSO and was denied on two grounds. Hum, oh well it will come to me.

Billy Jack

We've seen posting such statements many times. Here is a rough look at the numbers:

Alameda County population - 1,474,368 (2008 est)
permits issued - 195 (2007)
county average - 185.5 (2000-2007)

San Diego Countty population - 3,208,466 (2009 est)
permits issued - 1479 (2007)
county average - 1718.5 (2000-2007)

You don't have to be a math major to see that chances of getting a permit in Alameda are some 5 times lower than such in San Diego.

wildhawker
01-25-2010, 5:34 PM
Are you saying that Alameda and San Joaquin Counties are issuing permits for "self defense" or non-monetary good cause?

Billy Jack

Billy Jack
01-25-2010, 6:08 PM
The poster's GC is unknown to writer and I assume it is unknown to you. Riverside BOS were asked recently to take a position on GC being 'personal protection'. The Sheriff declined to do so. He went on to point out through Command Staff that that there have only been about two denials. They have very few applications, but most are issued.

Command Staff went on to say that they will consider all GC and evaluate each application fairly. I have assisted many applicants obtain CCW from RSO and have only had one denial. It was later issued on appeal to Command Staff.

Forget for a moment the population of a given county. There is no correlation between population and numbers of CCW. If people do not apply they are not going to have high numbers.

If you have a reason that is more then two words most Sheriffs and Chiefs will give you a fair evaluation. I am rather curious about how you folks are arriving at your conclusions.

Want a constructive dialog? Talk to me.

Billy Jack

wildog8812
01-25-2010, 8:16 PM

move

oddball
01-25-2010, 8:35 PM

Become a corrupt California Assembly member (hey Don Perata, you still have your Beretta 92?).

Window_Seat
01-25-2010, 8:51 PM
Wait for McDonald v Chicago, Nordyke v King, Sykes, et all. That is the most constructive I can be, then maybe we can even get nice cards instead of rice paper.:eek:

Erik; Optimistic.

Meplat
01-26-2010, 7:29 PM
Thanks! Excellent post!

The poster's GC is unknown to writer and I assume it is unknown to you. Riverside BOS were asked recently to take a position on GC being 'personal protection'. The Sheriff declined to do so. He went on to point out through Command Staff that that there have only been about two denials. They have very few applications, but most are issued.

Command Staff went on to say that they will consider all GC and evaluate each application fairly. I have assisted many applicants obtain CCW from RSO and have only had one denial. It was later issued on appeal to Command Staff.

Forget for a moment the population of a given county. There is no correlation between population and numbers of CCW. If people do not apply they are not going to have high numbers.

If you have a reason that is more then two words most Sheriffs and Chiefs will give you a fair evaluation. I am rather curious about how you folks are arriving at your conclusions.

Want a constructive dialog? Talk to me.

Billy Jack

Meplat
01-26-2010, 7:34 PM
What is this "rice paper" thing I keep hearing about? My CCW comes laminated in plastic that will last a lot longer than the two year renewal period! You need to work to elect a sheriff with her head screwed on straight!:p

Wait for McDonald v Chicago, Nordyke v King, Sykes, et all. That is the most constructive I can be, then maybe we can even get nice cards instead of rice paper.:eek:

Erik; Optimistic.

Starscream
01-26-2010, 7:37 PM
by applying.

Seesm
01-26-2010, 9:59 PM
Go for it... Alameda has some dangerous areas for sure so I think you have GC in my book anyway.

gotgunz
01-26-2010, 11:14 PM
move

OMG! You didn't suggest moving to another county that issues did you? :willy_nilly::willy_nilly:

:sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm:

by applying.
That is a good start...