PDA

View Full Version : Delete

shooterwcw
01-25-2010, 8:01 AM
Delete

GearHead
01-25-2010, 8:14 AM
This thread has a somewhat misleading title...

wildhawker
01-25-2010, 8:17 AM
Yep, just like all of the campaign pundits who use a forum established to discuss issues to, well, *campaign*.

CA will be Shall Issue because CGF makes it Shall Issue, not because of any elected Sheriff.

YubaRiver
01-25-2010, 8:31 AM
And man will it piss off the anti gun folks.

Chris Wayland

Will this get you what you want?

shooterwcw
01-25-2010, 8:35 AM
I admit the "will be CCW SHALL ISSUE" should be qulified with "if enough people are willing to help by voting, volunteering, or contributing". As far as the statement being overly positive, that is partly to get people's attention and partly just the nature of a volunteer's point of view.

Chris

wildhawker
01-25-2010, 8:41 AM
As your qualifying conditions are statistically and logistically un-achievable statewide, it makes your comments seem rather disingenuous.

MasterYong
01-25-2010, 8:43 AM
Pissing off the anti-gun folks is not the best way to get what you want in this state...

James00
01-25-2010, 8:49 AM
Whats up with all the negativity?
Thank you shooterwcw for doing this
I wish I could help but I will not be attending the Gun Show
Good luck and I will make sure I vote for Bill Hunt

Eckolaker
01-25-2010, 9:28 AM
Seriously, what is with all the negative Nancy's? This is a good opportunity for CG and anyone who supports the Constitution and individual rights. Let's not make this about picking sides and saying only CGF will change how gun rights are implemented in this state.

bwiese
01-25-2010, 9:38 AM
The original poster's title is incorrect/poorly written. It does not serve us well.

Legally, Org Cty (or any other CA county) cannot be truly "shall issue" no matter how friendly the sheriff is.

All a good CA sheriff can do is have a rational, reasonably lower standard for 'good cause'. Certainly helpful, though - but 'shall issue' will not occur until Sykes gets resolved after we have an RKBA in California.

In fact if a CA sheriff gives them out like candy without any analysis at all, he's likely to get entangled in challenges from opponents, the state, etc. He'd better certainly *act* like he's not shall issue, and is instead giving each application due scrutiny.

Lancear15
01-25-2010, 9:40 AM
Seriously, what is with all the negative Nancy's?

Past experience with Campaigners on CGN has left a bad taste in the mouth of many. IMHO Campaigning on the internet usually does more harm than good.

The thread title is pretty irritating also.

wkd4496
01-25-2010, 9:54 AM
I will try and buy a tshirt. I will promote him.:thumbsup: I hope to get a ccw on my 21st bday next year today. That would be the best gift!

Billy Jack
01-25-2010, 10:15 AM
Isleton Chief Eugene Byrd went 'Shall Issue' in the 1960's and it resulted in the legislature making 12050 PC more restrictive. I agree with bwiese's assessment. No one is their right mind is going to announce Shall Issue. That is an invitation for the AG and anti firearm groups to come after you and they will bring the Legislature with them.

Billy Jack

wildhawker
01-25-2010, 10:22 AM
Seriously, what is with all the negative Nancy's? This is a good opportunity for CG and anyone who supports the Constitution and individual rights. Let's not make this about picking sides and saying only CGF will change how gun rights are implemented in this state.

It's not about picking sides, it's about campaign staffers and volunteers stretching the truth (at best) to leverage a (free to users but incurs operating costs) community and "pick sides".

steadyrock
01-25-2010, 10:48 AM
After the way Hutchens has contorted Carona's reasonable issuance policy and seeing as how most OC voters seem to believe that "gun permits" were handed out to anyone and everyone, a Sheriff's candidate running on a similarly contorted platform of "Shall Issue" is certain to only bolster his opponent's voters.

Don't misunderstand me - I believe that after last February's BoS fracas CCW is very much on the public radar and that a pro-CCW candidate could leverage that stance into winning a large percentage of votes, however care must be taken to avoid damaging said candidate's image in the eyes of John Q Public by appearing to be a throwback to the (falsely maligned) Carona mold.

"I support a responsible and reasonable CCW policy, and consider the lives of my constituents valuable enough to honor personal protection as good cause for a CCW permit" is a winning statement - "I will be a Shall-Issue Sheriff" will frighten away fence-sitters and ensure a Hutchens victory.

1BigPea
01-25-2010, 11:11 AM
I agree with some of the above posts. OC will never be "Shall Issue", but Hunt has made it clear that good cause will include personal defense. That's why he will get mine and my family's vote for Sheriff.

mdhpper
01-25-2010, 11:16 AM
This thread has a somewhat misleading title...

:iagree: The thread title should be revised.

wildhawker
01-25-2010, 11:17 AM
I agree with some of the above posts. OC will never be "Shall Issue", but Hunt has made it clear that good cause will include personal defense. That's why he will get mine and my family's vote for Sheriff.

OC will be SI when the entire state is SI via Sykes.

1BigPea
01-25-2010, 11:20 AM
OC will be SI when the entire state is SI via Sykes.

Ahh yes, I thought of that after I hit submit. ;)

SurferStevo
01-25-2010, 11:31 AM
There seems to some confusion over HUNT and HUNTER (maybe just on my part?). I have heard from friends that HUNTER is the man to vote for not Hunt. Through conversation only I have heard that Hunt is only pro 2A/CCW because he recognizes the backlash over what Huchens did & that he may or may not truly mean what he says. But any way you slice it any of these guys has got to be better than the incumbent.

1BigPea
01-25-2010, 11:35 AM
There seems to some confusion over HUNT and HUNTER (maybe just on my part?). I have heard from friends that HUNTER is the man to vote for not Hunt. Through conversation only I have heard that Hunt is only pro 2A/CCW because he recognizes the backlash over what Huchens did & that he may or may not truly mean what he says. But any way you slice it any of these guys has got to be better than the incumbent.

Not true at all. I've met and spoke with Hunt on RKBA issues and that statement you made is waaaaay off.

steadyrock
01-25-2010, 11:53 AM
Not true at all. I've met and spoke with Hunt on RKBA issues and that statement you made is waaaaay off.

Hunt has bought into the Hutchens propaganda about "Carona's Cronies" and therefore will not be getting my vote. The following appeared briefly on Hunt's campaign website last August, before he realized how bad it sounded and took it down:

here have been less than 1200 issued CCWs in a county of 3 million. The majority have been given to reserve police officers, judges, prosecutors and to reward political supporters.

The part in bold, Hunt knew was a lie at the time he wrote it. It matters not that he has removed the verbiage; he never publicly retracted it. I view this the same as accidentally flashing his cards in a poker match. It doesn't matter what he tells you, it matters what he thinks. And he thinks, the majority of CCW's were given to Carona's buddies. It's just plain false.

I will depoliticize the process and establish an annual audit to review each application to ensure the process is unbiased, non-political and equitable.

Another thing that worries me, that Hunt never bothered to answer when I asked. Is this tantamount to shortening the renewal cycle to one year instead of two or four?

steadyrock
01-25-2010, 11:54 AM

Claim withdrawn.

SurferStevo
01-25-2010, 12:04 PM
I will continue to research. But in this article http://www.ocregister.com/articles/hunter-220370-poker-hutchens.html Hunt is called inconsistent on his CCW stance. That is what I was referencing.

1BigPea
01-25-2010, 12:07 PM
His actions do not back up that statement, unfortunately. How many CCW's did Hunt issue when he had authority as Chief of San Clemente?

Hunt did not have the authority to issue CCW's, he was not the Sheriff.

steadyrock
01-25-2010, 12:12 PM
Hunt did not have the authority to issue CCW's, he was not the Sheriff.

Claim withdrawn.

jont92619
01-25-2010, 12:14 PM
His actions do not back up that statement, unfortunately. How many CCW's did Hunt issue when he had authority as Chief of San Clemente?

Sheriff Carona maintained control over CCW issuance...

1BigPea
01-25-2010, 12:19 PM
The chief of any contract city has the authority to issue. This has been rolled 'round over and over again on other forums.

Proof?

steadyrock
01-25-2010, 12:24 PM
Proof?

Claim withdrawn.

You have failed to discuss the other pressing issue of Hunt's thoughts versus his words. Why would someone intimately familiar with the OCSD especially under Carona, cling to Hutchens' lie that "the majority of permits were given to [privileged individuals]"?? It is quite telling in my book, and he lost me when he posted that.

jont92619
01-25-2010, 12:24 PM
As for this post, I don't agree with the negative slant towards the anti gun crowd but it looks like it's a case of an excited volunteer who means well. I am glad to see people getting excited and involved to help the ccw issue though. We should just be careful not to egg on the anti gun crowd with statements like the original post.

IrishPirate
01-25-2010, 12:32 PM
wars aren't won by one giant confrontation. they are a series of small battles that help gain ground and eventually overtake the enemy. Electing a Pro 2A sheriff in OC is just one battle we all need to support. The more Pro 2A people we have in positions of power, no matter how small or how localized that power may be, the better. It raises awareness and helps promote responsible gun ownership which in todays technological world will travel fast.

Kestryll
01-25-2010, 12:34 PM
The chief of any contract city has the authority to issue. This has been rolled 'round over and over again on other forums.

Proof?

It has been discussed at length on calccw.com. Proof can be found there, if you care to look - I won't rehash it here.

If you're going to make that statement here, prove it here.

I very much dislike the game of 'I said this now go find proof or prove me wrong'

You said it, you go find proof to back up your words.

steadyrock
01-25-2010, 12:53 PM
If you're going to make that statement here, prove it here.

I very much dislike the game of 'I said this now go find proof or prove me wrong'

You said it, you go find proof to back up your words.

Fair enough, and understood. I know it has been rolled around on the other site I mentioned, but surprisingly I cannot find an actual cite there. Perhaps I made an assumption and took a senior poster there for his word. The PC reads:

(B) The chief or other head of a municipal police department of
any city or city and county, upon proof that the person applying is
of good moral character, that good cause exists for the issuance, and
that the person applying is a resident of that city and has
completed a course of training as described in subparagraph (E), may
issue to that person a license to carry a pistol, revolver, or other
firearm capable of being concealed upon the person in either one of
the following formats:

Since San Clemente PD is not a "municipal police department" but a contract department of OCSD, it appears in this case I may be wrong. I will retract my statements that Hunt could have issued, in the absence of proof. I made a mistake.

I will NOT retract my concerns over Hunt's posting regarding who was issued CCW permits, however. He removed it from his website, but the text in my original post was copied and pasted from his website back in August when it first went up. I am interested to know from Hunt or his supporters, why he would have made such a claim.

1BigPea
01-25-2010, 1:23 PM
Fair enough, and understood. I know it has been rolled around on the other site I mentioned, but surprisingly I cannot find an actual cite there. Perhaps I made an assumption and took a senior poster there for his word. The PC reads:

Since San Clemente PD is not a "municipal police department" but a contract department of OCSD, it appears in this case I may be wrong. I will retract my statements that Hunt could have issued, in the absence of proof. I made a mistake.

I will NOT retract my concerns over Hunt's posting regarding who was issued CCW permits, however. He removed it from his website, but the text in my original post was copied and pasted from his website back in August when it first went up. I am interested to know from Hunt or his supporters, why he would have made such a claim.

Thanks for providing that steadyrock...Hunt couldn't issue permits.

With all due respect, with your concern for his post regarding who got CCW's why don't you contact him directly and ask? There's no way for me to know why he would make that claim, why are you asking his supporters? He's made himself available numerous times in OC, or even better email him, it's on his website.

I support Hunt mostly because I was able to ask the questions that matter to me and my family to him directly and got answers.

Let us know what you find out. ;)

Glock22Fan
01-25-2010, 1:25 PM
Look, you guys, the important thing at this point of time is that Hutchens should not win by default. All this negativity about any of the other candidates helps Sandra at this time.

jont92619
01-25-2010, 1:26 PM
I would say its a poor choice of words which was corrected, but I also feel the general theme that the CCW permits were issued to a privileged class or few is accurate. While Carona's Cronies is not the most politically correct phrase, it is fairly accurate in it's overall spirit.

As for your feelings about Bill Hunt's annual audit statement, I think this is a fair thing for the OCSD to do. It will keep everyone on the up and up and quash some of the anti gun crowd's arguments. Combine that with the fact Bill Hunt will accept Personal Protection as ample reason for CCW issuance and you will have pretty much a shall issue policy in OC vs. Hunter's stance where you still need to have a creative writing assignment to meet the good cause requirement. Personal Protection seems to work for other Sheriff's in CA, why does Hunter need more? If anything his stance is the more dangerous one to the CCW cause as it still leaves this as a subjective decision and puts us right back where we are today.

I also agree with the post above and to echo the theme... The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I'd advise you to go speak with Bill Hunt in person and question him on his CCW stance or other issues. Words on a screen or flyer are just that, I'm sure after you grill him in person your internal BS detector will tell you whether or not Bill Hunt is really committed to the CCW cause. It's what I did and I have no doubt the man will follow through and be a game changer here in CA.

Doheny
01-25-2010, 1:40 PM
If anyone wants to hear Bill speak or ask him directly about his CCW policy, he'll be speaking at UCI this Thursday: http://www.billhuntforsheriff2010.com/events/2010-01-11/young-republicans-for-liberty-uci-with-guest-speaker-bill-hunt

1BigPea
01-25-2010, 1:52 PM
I also agree with the post above and to echo the theme... The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I'd advise you to go speak with Bill Hunt in person and question him on his CCW stance or other issues. Words on a screen or flyer are just that, I'm sure after you grill him in person your internal BS detector will tell you whether or not Bill Hunt is really committed to the CCW cause. It's what I did and I have no doubt the man will follow through and be a game changer here in CA.

Well said, I couldn't agree more. The important thing here is getting Hutchen's out and someone pro CCW in.

steadyrock
01-25-2010, 2:09 PM
I would say its a poor choice of words which was corrected, but I also feel the general theme that the CCW permits were issued to a privileged class or few is accurate. While Carona's Cronies is not the most politically correct phrase, it is fairly accurate in it's overall spirit.

I disagree. Last February 10, the OC Board of Supervisors meeting was overwhelmed with scores of CCW permit holders who had their permits revoked under Hutchens, none of whom ever met or gave money to Carona. You can find the video here (http://egov.ocgov.com/ocgov/Government/Board%20of%20Supervisors/Board%20Meetings%20On-Demand). Public testimony went on for hours, and you'll note that almost all of the citizens specifically stated they had no affiliation with Carona. The "Carona's Cronies" myth is just that.

steadyrock
01-25-2010, 2:09 PM
Well said, I couldn't agree more. The important thing here is getting Hutchen's out and someone pro CCW in.

Thankfully, we all agree on that.

1BigPea
01-25-2010, 2:14 PM
Thankfully, we all agree on that.

Exactly. ;)

steadyrock
01-25-2010, 2:26 PM
With all due respect, with your concern for his post regarding who got CCW's why don't you contact him directly and ask? There's no way for me to know why he would make that claim, why are you asking his supporters? He's made himself available numerous times in OC, or even better email him, it's on his website.

I support Hunt mostly because I was able to ask the questions that matter to me and my family to him directly and got answers.

Let us know what you find out. ;)

E-mail sent:

Dear Mr. Hunt,

It is with anticipation and excitement that I am closely watching the 2010 race for Orange County Sheriff. I look forward to the day when Orange County chooses to ELECT (not select) a Sheriff who will act in the best interest of the residents, and who will reduce crime but work to support and defend our rights. I am an active member of several organizations, many of which hold strong positions supporting our Second Amendment rights. As such, it is important to me that our next Sheriff holds a position that will not infringe our God-given right to keep and bear arms.

As you know, Orange County during 2009 was a hotbed of activity circling around the issue of Carry Concealed Weapon permits, many of which were revoked under Sheriff Hutchens. Upon reviewing your stance on this issue, I see that you consider "personal protection" as sufficient cause for issuing a permit - I am encouraged by that fact. However, during the early days of your campaign, you made a statement on your website that troubled me deeply. I am writing to inquire about why you made this statement, and whether you still believe it to be the case today. The statement made, was:

will issue concealed weapons permits (CCW) to any applicant who is a law abiding resident of the county, meets state mandated requirements and is not prohibited by law from possessing a firearm. There have been less than 1200 issued CCWs in a county of 3 million. The majority have been given to reserve police officers, judges, prosecutors and to reward political supporters. I will depoliticize the process and establish an annual audit to review each application to ensure the process is unbiased, non-political and equitable.

(Emphasis mine)

While the statement has been made several times that the previous Sheriff's CCW issuance policy favored heavily his friends and political allies, to my knowledge there has been no proof of that. I understand you have now removed the verbiage from your website, however the fact it was once present raises concerns over why it was there in the first place. Did you at the time - and do you now - believe that a "majority" of all CCW permits in Orange County were given to the politically-connected? Why was this statement posted, and then withdrawn from your website?

As a concerned voter, I anxiously await your response.

Sincerely yours,
steadyrock

If I get a response, I will post it in this thread.

1BigPea
01-25-2010, 2:34 PM
^ Nice.

nicki
01-25-2010, 2:46 PM
The winner of the race has to get 50 percent plus one, so the Hunt and hunter divide under the worse case scenario a runoff.

Hutchens doesn't get to win by having most votes.

I agree that we will have "Shall Issue" under "Sykes", but that won't stop the sheriffs from trying to make getting a permit as difficult as possible.

I think it is great that people are taking the time and effort to in fact get involved in Campaigns.

We do have a split on this board between Hunt and Hunter. I suggest that we check out both candidates and follow our conscience.

There are other issues besides guns that may sway who you will support, the important thing is to get rid of Hutchens.

I would support Hunter over Hutchens in spite of my personal views that he is Significantly WRONG on other issues.

Nicki

jont92619
01-25-2010, 3:14 PM
Glad that you are reaching out and asking for clarification, but I'm still puzzled over why you are so concerned over the issue or statement. Is it because you were personally offended or does it pose some threat to him following through on his intentions of opening up CCW? Sort of seems like hay is being made out of a non issue. His stance seems pretty clear now that personal protection is good enough cause to issue and he intends on issuing.

dantodd
01-25-2010, 3:18 PM
Glad that you are reaching out and asking for clarification, but I'm still puzzled over why you are so concerned over the issue or statement. Is it because you were personally offended or does it pose some threat to him following through on his intentions of opening up CCW? Sort of seems like hay is being made out of a non issue. His stance seems pretty clear now that personal protection is good enough cause to issue and he intends on issuing.

Perhaps he was one of many non-cronies who were issued CCWs and feel like they are being painted with an overly broad brush as "bad guys." What if every application from a holder under Carona is viewed as coming from a "friend of Carona" and is given extra scrutiny? A statement that most CCWs were political rewards is demeaning to those who carried without donating to a campaign.

steadyrock
01-25-2010, 3:26 PM

Mostly, because it displays a fundamental misunderstanding of the CCW issue as it exists in OC and it speaks, in my mind, to a sense of intellectual dishonesty. The "Carona's Cronies" myth was never real; it was pure spin made up by Sheriff Hutchens in order to gain public favor for revoking a significant percentage of lawful permits.

We need a Sheriff in OC who innately understands the importance of CCW and the proper application of a Citizen's Right to Self-Defense. Even after CA goes Shall-Issue via Sykes, a Sheriff who misunderstands the issue can create a climate of law enforcement that is hostile to anyone unfortunate enough to have to use their weapon defensively; one who really gets the issue is more likely to support CCW holders when the rubber meets the road.

Morover, Hunt knows that it's not true so the fact that he put up something he knew was false troubles me and causes me to question his character. He only removed it (and added the "personal protection" verbiage) after several members of another website made it clear it would be politically expedient to do both. "Personal protection" was not part of his initial campaign material.

jont92619
01-25-2010, 4:04 PM
Then it seems to me the correction in language or change in position that is now stated fixes the issue. Seems to me like whatever the answer he gives, it will be used against him. I would be interested in knowing what you would want to hear from him to resolve the issue.

steadyrock
01-25-2010, 4:14 PM
Then it seems to me the correction in language or change in position that is now stated fixes the issue. Seems to me like whatever the answer he gives, it will be used against him. I would be interested in knowing what you would want to hear from him to resolve the issue.

We'll see what he has to say if he bothers to reply to my email. But, pushing enemy propaganda is something from which it is usually difficult to recover.

jont92619
01-25-2010, 4:27 PM
Seems like you are gunning for him to me...

shooterwcw
01-25-2010, 4:35 PM
As your Sheriff, I will issue CCWs to any applicant who is a law abiding resident of the county, meets state mandated requirements and is not prohibited by law from possessing a firearm. To me, personal protection is good cause.

From one of Bill Hunt's current fliers.

wildhawker
01-25-2010, 5:00 PM
As your Sheriff, I will issue CCWs to any applicant who is a law abiding resident of the county, meets state mandated requirements and is not prohibited by law from possessing a firearm. To me, personal protection is good cause.

From one of Bill Hunt's current fliers.

What's his definition of "resident" and "state-mandated requirements"?

01-25-2010, 5:04 PM
Let's not split the hair in four, shall we? Unless you guys believe Hutchens is a better candidate; if so, then you just go ahead and bully the OP around.

yellowfin
01-25-2010, 7:50 PM
It's too bad that as things stand OC can't be OC friendly.

I suppose if I were in CA still and a voter in OC I would favor a candidate who will take punitive action against Hutchens upon kicking her out. Not just get her out but see to it that the misdeeds and oppression were handed a severe penalty.

Jamsie567
01-26-2010, 7:28 AM
Hunt is pretty transparent with his policy I can't believe people are still fighting this issue. I am voting for the guy who wants to to depoliticize the process for everyone not application review what HUNTER thinks is good cause. Hunt is the only Pro 2A candidate and has my vote.

bulgron
01-26-2010, 8:23 AM
Have there been any polls for this race that shows Hunt has any kind of a chance?

I ask because sitting Sheriffs have historically not been defeatable. I think that on just that basis alone it would be really cool if Hunt won.

Jamsie567
01-26-2010, 9:00 AM
Have there been any polls for this race that shows Hunt has any kind of a chance?

I ask because sitting Sheriffs have historically not been defeatable. I think that on just that basis alone it would be really cool if Hunt won.

Oh yea he has a great chance and very well known in the community. These boards don't do him justice he is out meeting folks every day working hard.

At the volunteer meeting about 100 people showed up and Hutchens should be very concerned. The top local activists and local organizations such as Campaign for Liberty, 9/12, Oath Keepers and Tea Party movement are mobilizing and getting involved.

This election could be a blow out in June...

Hutchens will need at minmum 1 million to even compete with this operation people are helping out for free and that is priceless.

SurferStevo
01-26-2010, 9:36 AM
As for your feelings about Bill Hunt's annual audit statement, I think this is a fair thing for the OCSD to do. It will keep everyone on the up and up and quash some of the anti gun crowd's arguments. Combine that with the fact Bill Hunt will accept Personal Protection as ample reason for CCW issuance and you will have pretty much a shall issue policy in OC vs. Hunter's stance where you still need to have a creative writing assignment to meet the good cause requirement. Personal Protection seems to work for other Sheriff's in CA, why does Hunter need more? If anything his stance is the more dangerous one to the CCW cause as it still leaves this as a subjective decision and puts us right back where we are today.

Can you point me to where I can find that info?

jont92619
01-26-2010, 9:52 AM
Can you point me to where I can find that info?

CCW Policy Statement by Sheriff Candidate Craig Hunter
November 21, 2009 by OCCCWS Editor
OCCCWS has obtained a formal statement by Deputy Chief Craig Hunter, Candidate for OC Sheriff in the 2010 elections, regarding his intentions toward a CCW policy in Orange County, should he be elected.

Current California law requires that good cause be established by those desiring a CCW. Courts have ruled that Sheriffs in California have almost unfettered latitude in determining what good cause is. Our current Sheriff has adopted a restrictive interpretation of good cause. I will not.

Everyones circumstances are different. Some travel through areas with little cell coverage and extended law enforcement response time. Many exercise at night away from home in locations which make them vulnerable. Some transport valuable property which makes them targets for criminals. The reality is that individuals have different reasons for desiring a CCW for purposes of self-defense, and when I am Sheriff of Orange County, reasonable expressions of good cause will be sufficient.

Police Chiefs and Sheriffs from throughout the United States agree that their initial reluctance in issuing CCW permits was unnecessary, and they have been pleasantly surprised by the absence of problems. Anyone who believes a self-protection firearm is not a deterrent to crime is simply being unrealistic.

I believe that everyone has the right to defend themselves if assaulted, and as your Sheriff I will not enact policies which put criminals at an advantage over the law abiding residents of Orange County.

http://www.occcws.com/?p=808

SurferStevo
01-26-2010, 9:55 AM
Thank you!

lgm118icbm
01-26-2010, 10:17 AM
I'm going to UC Irvine on Thursday to hear what he has to say.

See you all there!
1/28 5pm at Howard Schneiderman Lecture Hall.

jont92619
01-26-2010, 10:52 AM
Just so you have the info, here is Bill Hunt's CCW Policy statement from his issues page at http://www.billhuntforsheriff2010.com/issues

"It is my belief that the Sheriff should be in the business of protecting people's rights, not restricting them. I will issue concealed weapons permits (CCW) to any applicant who is a law abiding resident of the county, meets state mandated requirements and is not prohibited by law from possessing a firearm. I will depoliticize the process and establish an annual audit to review each application to ensure the process is unbiased, non-political and equitable.

I consider personal protection sufficient to meet the standard of good cause."

-Bill Hunt

And a brief video where he speaks about his experience.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fcr819WDMH0

guntrust
01-26-2010, 11:05 AM
The old packing.org site put OC down as "almost shall-issue" and i'll have no problem calling Bill Hunt a "shall-issue" sheriff. By all appearances, he will take his orders from an authority higher than the California legislature. Thank you for the great post on this great candidate.

wildhawker
01-26-2010, 11:18 AM
What's his definition of "resident" and "state-mandated requirements"?

Still waiting for an answer, or are platitudes enough for Orange County voters?

IGOTDIRT4U
01-26-2010, 1:01 PM
I disagree. Last February 10, the OC Board of Supervisors meeting was overwhelmed with scores of CCW permit holders who had their permits revoked under Hutchens, none of whom ever met or gave money to Carona. You can find the video here (http://egov.ocgov.com/ocgov/Government/Board%20of%20Supervisors/Board%20Meetings%20On-Demand). Public testimony went on for hours, and you'll note that almost all of the citizens specifically stated they had no affiliation with Carona. The "Carona's Cronies" myth is just that.

As they did on 11/18/2008 as well. Hmmm, who is that handsome speaker toward the middle?:rolleyes::cool:

http://65.49.32.141/OrangeCounty/035a56e7-10a7-43f4-b612-78b9b72eb4d0/11-18-08PM/presentation_file/mgpresenter.html

The opponent is Hutchens; United we conquer, divided we fail.

steadyrock
01-26-2010, 1:06 PM
The opponent is Hutchens; United we conquer, divided we fail.

...and together we win. :cool:

Reloaderx2
01-26-2010, 5:15 PM
Oh Boy. Talk about focusing in on the minutia Steadyrock. Who cares really. You mangle Hunt's statement in any event. If Hunt says he will issue for personal protection, Let's get Hunter to say the same thing. As far as I can tell he won't and he therefore would appear to be a "pay to play" CCW issuer just like Carona and everybody else. Call him out. I double dare anyone. We all have the same goals so let's go with it.

SurferStevo
01-26-2010, 5:40 PM
Did someone post this link already? Hunters stance on CCW (http://www.occcws.com/?p=808)

jont92619
01-26-2010, 8:02 PM
Yes, I posted that text and the link about a page of comments prior.

shooterwcw
01-27-2010, 7:48 AM
When I became a volunteer for the Bill Hunt campaign I asked his Operations Manager if Bill’s policy on CCWs would be the functional equivalent of the CCW Shall Issue laws passed by most of the other states. His answer was an unequivocal YES.

steadyrock
01-27-2010, 9:07 AM
Oh Boy. Talk about focusing in on the minutia Steadyrock. Who cares really. You mangle Hunt's statement in any event. If Hunt says he will issue for personal protection, Let's get Hunter to say the same thing. As far as I can tell he won't and he therefore would appear to be a "pay to play" CCW issuer just like Carona and everybody else. Call him out. I double dare anyone. We all have the same goals so let's go with it.

It was a direct quote from his website, letter by letter as it appeared when he first published it in August. How is that mangled?

Still no response from the Hunt campaign on why they were spreading FUD about the CCW culture in Orange County.

FWIW, I am not at this point supporting any candidate. I am only fully vetting Hunt, and his past actions concern me.

Mitch
01-29-2010, 6:41 AM
Looks like Hunt may not get the GOP endorsement:

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/hunt-231553-baugh-gop.html

RomanDad
01-29-2010, 9:55 AM
Looks like Hunt may not get the GOP endorsement:

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/hunt-231553-baugh-gop.html

Hes going to court the DEPUTIES UNION???? The Public Employee Unions are what have got us in the fiscal mess we're in now! Plus, so much for his credibility..... He stands up and says he won't take Union money and then a week later changes his mind? Doesnt give a lot of confidence that he'll stick to his CCW policy....

And just for the record, who was the last Sheirff to win election after gaining support of the Deputies Union? As far as I know, they've picked the loser in every single contested Sheriff election in modern Orange County history.

jont92619
01-29-2010, 10:27 AM
I believe what Hunt means is the OCGOP should not be squashing a group's collective voice like the AOCDS by outlawing a candidate from accepting their endorsement should he feel it important to have, nor should it bar a candidate from accepting the endorsement if they feel it be appropriate. It would not be noble to decline the AOCDS endorsement; it would be just plain stupid.

First off I believe with a position such as Sheriff it’s important to have the full support of the rank and file. Going to war with your own employees is a recipe for disaster. Look at the LAPD a few years ago. I also hate to break it to everyone but political campaigns take money and resources to win, especially against an incumbent.

It should also be noted that the Sheriff does not negotiate union contracts, that is an OC Board of Supervisors responsibility.

I find it pretty rich that the OCGOP has the stones to call out a blanket ban on all union endorsements when the OCGOP’s real motive is to retain power over candidates. (Sounds like a union tactic to me ) Endorsements should be looked at on a case by case basis rather than a blanket ban and voters should do some research on candidates rather than just listening to whatever do do comes out of a mouthpiece like Scott Baugh.

Once again the OCGOP and more importantly the old school, politically inept rich crowd (you in the Lincoln club know who you are) who stuck us with Carona & Hutchens is going to back the wrong horse….

I’m a life long Republican / Conservative and it pains me to see what this bunch of morons are doing to the county. Fiscal responsibility? Respect of the Second Amendment and one’s personal protection through Concealed Weapons Permits? Shouldn’t these be core issues?? And what did they put in office, Hutchens who dropped the ball on these issues and more. Way to go OCGOP, the South County $$tepford Wives and OC Board of Stuporvisors who got her into office. Great job on vetting that one.

So should the prediction come true, and the OCGOP backs Hunter who is not really CCW friendly and who will still play the Good Cause creative writing game that Hutchens & Carona played it will wind up stealing just enough votes from Bill Hunt to assure us all another term of Appointed Sheriff Hutchens.

Doheny
01-29-2010, 10:31 AM
Sheriff's Candidate: OC Register Botched Anti-Union Story

http://blogs.ocweekly.com/navelgazing/breaking-news/bill-hunt-a-republican-candida/

RomanDad
01-29-2010, 11:06 AM
I believe what Hunt means is the OCGOP should not be squashing a group's collective voice like the AOCDS by outlawing a candidate from accepting their endorsement should he feel it important to have, nor should it bar a candidate from accepting the endorsement if they feel it be appropriate.

Were not talking about endorsements... We're talking about MONEY.... And when you accept MONEY from a particular group or person, there is an obvious sense of beholdedness. For how long have we heard that CCW holders in Orange County got their permits because they gave MONEY to Mike Carona's campaign? The "Carona Cronies" epithet Hutchens supporters have tarred CCW holders with and the Hunt people have recently become fond of throwing about, are said to have been given special favors in exchange for their campaign donations (even though most of the so called "Carona Cronies" never gave ANY money to the sheriff- Letting the facts get in the way of a good soundbite doesn't seem as important to some people).

To say that ANY money is OK, its just money and it doesn't mean anything shows how tone deaf and amateurish Hunt's campaign has been run. If "money is money" would he take an endorsement from the BRADY CAMPAIGN? HANDGUN CONTROL INC.? MECHA?

By Courting the unions he's getting in bed with the forces that the next Sheriff will have to take on in order to get our fiscal house back in order. The idea that the Sheriff doesn't negotiate contracts is IRRELEVANT. The Sheriff is in charge of HIS OR HER DEPARTMENT BUDGET... WHERE AND HOW resources are used and deployed, and the amount of overtime their deputies can take. That puts them at DIRECT ODDS with the Union, who want all of their members in the cushiest jobs, setting their own hours and getting as much overtime as they want, whether that's in the best interest of public safety and taxpayer dollars or not.

wildhawker
01-29-2010, 11:40 AM
As I've said numerous times, we should be electing the most capable, fiscally-conservative Sheriff possible in every election. Their CCW policy is largely irrelevant; the lasting effects of poor management and foolish administration of public funds will bear upon the residents much, much longer than that of may or no-issue CCW.

jont92619
01-29-2010, 11:51 AM
Well I don't see the difference in getting an endorsement or money when it comes to the Deputy union. By your logic, I would take it that anyone who asked for or got either a contribution or endorsement would be in the wrong. Isn't an endorsement on equal plane as cash to help run your campaign? An endorsement in itself has perceived value when it comes from a Deputy Union or say a Police Chief's association.

How are Hunt or Hunter supposed to raise enough funds to compete with the likes of Hutchens and the political machine who have a large war chest? Bake sales aren't going to cut it....

IGOTDIRT4U
01-29-2010, 11:54 AM
Sheriff's Candidate: OC Register Botched Anti-Union Story

http://blogs.ocweekly.com/navelgazing/breaking-news/bill-hunt-a-republican-candida/

Interesting article.

wildhawker
01-29-2010, 12:15 PM
Here's something to consider: slates are bought and sold. There's a *big* difference between an endorsement (which a campaign probably paid for) and a financial contribution. One's for show, the other's for "go".

Well I don't see the difference in getting an endorsement or money when it comes to the Deputy union. By your logic, I would take it that anyone who asked for or got either a contribution or endorsement would be in the wrong. Isn't an endorsement on equal plane as cash to help run your campaign? An endorsement in itself has perceived value when it comes from a Deputy Union or say a Police Chief's association.

How are Hunt or Hunter supposed to raise enough funds to compete with the likes of Hutchens and the political machine who have a large war chest? Bake sales aren't going to cut it....

RomanDad
01-29-2010, 1:02 PM
Well I don't see the difference in getting an endorsement or money when it comes to the Deputy union. By your logic, I would take it that anyone who asked for or got either a contribution or endorsement would be in the wrong.

Not at all... It depends WHOM you take the endorsement FROM that matters... It matters to ME.... And it matters to MOST people who vote... Endorsements and campaign contributions tell me WHO the candidate has aligned themselves with.... Presumably the endorser or contributor has access to the CANDIDATE or at the very least MORE INFORMATION about the candidate than the average voter does.... The average voter looks at that list of contributors and endorsers and says "Groups I like/dont like have lined up with Candidate X, and therefore I will or wont vote for him." If Im married to a member of a public employee union I would say "Thats the guy for me! Its going to help me get ahead!" If Im worried that public employee unions are bleeding the state, and my wallet dry, I'm going to say "No thanks, who are the other candidates?"

Isn't an endorsement on equal plane as cash to help run your campaign?

No.... Endorsements are nice to put on flyers and bumper stickers.... But without CONTRIBUTIONS there are no flyers or bumper stickers. Its the MONEY that matters (Plus, endorsements can be purchased.)

An endorsement in itself has perceived value when it comes from a Deputy Union or say a Police Chief's association.

Not to me it doesnt.... In an otherwise non-partisan election, an endorsement from either SCREAMS "Thats the democrat/liberal candidate". The Public Employee Unions and California Police Chiefs Association almost ALWAYS support liberal causes and/or candidates. I'd be surprised if in the end, BOTH don't support Hutchens.

Hutchens doesnt have that large of a war chest. The REPUBLICAN PARTY is still the big dog when it comes to politics in Orange County. Hardly a surprise in a county where most of the voters are registered Republican. And they haven't endorsed anybody yet (nor are they likely to until the filing period closes). I think its unlikely they will endorse her. Which means Hunt and Hunter were the front runners for that endorsement (and the money that stems from it) but it looks like Hunt is backpeddling his way out of the running.

jont92619
01-29-2010, 1:23 PM
I still think it is important to have the Deputys endorse a candidate for Sheriff. I do not put them in the same box as something like a Water & Power Workers union or something of the sort. That would tend to make me vote the other way. You still have to keep a watchful eye over the Deputy Association but the masses that are not really that motivated to be educated about the issues are influenced by a Deputy endorsement just as they are traditionally by a GOP endorsement (here in OC).

While a lot of us online are pretty savvy, there are a lot of older voters out there who see that endorsement on a mailer and give it a lot of weight. And those folks vote like clockwork...

Also, from my interactions with Hunt I know getting that Deputy endorsement is a personal thing, after all he was a Deputy and he cares strongly about us as Citizens, The County and the Deputies. It's easy for Scott to stand up there and preach "Thou Shall Not Take Any Union Endorsement" but I think he is way off base because it's not a black and white issue. Personally I rank the OCGOP right down there in the gutter with general labor unions, at least right now, but in the OC they have a big stick and it just makes the entire situation a mess.

RomanDad
01-29-2010, 2:10 PM
While a lot of us online are pretty savvy, there are a lot of older voters out there who see that endorsement on a mailer and give it a lot of weight. And those folks vote like clockwork...

I understand your fear.... But its COMPLETELY UNFOUNDED.... I have checked.... The Deputies Union supported the winning Sheriff Candidate ONE TIME in the last 20 years (maybe more... I didnt look back that far)...

It was 2002 when they endorsed Carona.... and he ran unopposed. Clearly that endorsement isnt worth much. Certainly not worth LOSING his credibility or the REPUBLICAN endorsement over.

Doheny
01-29-2010, 2:26 PM
To win the election, how many votes does the winning candidate need to receive? A simple majority or what?

RomanDad
01-29-2010, 2:39 PM
To win the election, how many votes does the winning candidate need to receive? A simple majority or what?

50% +1 wins the whole enchilada.

Less than that forces a run-off.

In 2006, 181,151 was enough to win (362,301 total votes cast)

Gray Peterson
01-29-2010, 7:55 PM
I understand your fear.... But its COMPLETELY UNFOUNDED.... I have checked.... The Deputies Union supported the winning Sheriff Candidate ONE TIME in the last 20 years (maybe more... I didnt look back that far)...

It was 2002 when they endorsed Carona.... and he ran unopposed. Clearly that endorsement isnt worth much. Certainly not worth LOSING his credibility or the REPUBLICAN endorsement over.

Who's really at fault for that, though? Orange County GOP threatened anyone who happened to get an endorsement from a public employee union, also seemingly if you don't accept the endorsement. Bill Hunt didn't like that general kind of threatening and intimidation from the county party. Are you telling me that if these people endorse Sandy Hutchens that would be OK? Craig Hunter also doesn't seem trustworthy to me. Something's up with him, like he has the stink of either Carona or Brad Gates around him somehow.

RomanDad
01-30-2010, 2:41 PM
Who's really at fault for that, though? Orange County GOP threatened anyone who happened to get an endorsement from a public employee union, also seemingly if you don't accept the endorsement.
Its not a threat. The Orange County Republican party can base their decision to endorse or not endorse a candidate (an endorsement that has proven to be CRITICAL for most political candidates in Orange County for years) on any criteria they want. CLEARLY the Republican Party is LISTENING to its constituents as well as INDEPENDENTS and even DEMOCRATS, who throughout the State are waking up to the HAVOC the public employee Unions have wrought on this state. California is in a budget crisis of unprecedented proportions. The Counties and Cities are all also facing BANKRUPTCY based on the fact that Public Employee Union Pensions have increased 2000% in 10 years (http://volokh.com/2010/01/25/californias-public-employee-pension-problem/). HALF THE STATE'S BUDGET GOES JUST TO PAY FOR THESE PENSIONS.

So requiring a Candidate who seeks the Republican endorsement to FORGO Public Union Money, isn't a threat. Its a REQUIREMENT for the Republican party and its endorsed candidates to maintain their credibility with the voters.

Bill Hunt didn't like that general kind of threatening and intimidation from the county party.

That's not what's going on. Hunt is unlikely to get the Republican endorsement one way or the other. He has an outside SHOT at getting the backing of the Union, so that's where he's hedging his bets.

Are you telling me that if these people endorse Sandy Hutchens that would be OK?
HUH? I don't care who endorses Sandra Hutchens. I wouldn't vote for her under any circumstance.

Craig Hunter also doesn't seem trustworthy to me. Something's up with him, like he has the stink of either Carona or Brad Gates around him somehow.
Then you don't know anything about Craig Hunter.

tgun
02-09-2010, 5:27 PM
Then you don't know anything about Craig Hunter.

Correct. Now is a great time to learn about Craig Hunter. Start here: http://www.fullertonsfuture.org/2010/craig-hunter-the-beatings-a-whistleblower-and-the-cover-up/

RomanDad
02-09-2010, 9:34 PM
Correct. Now is a great time to learn about Craig Hunter. Start here: http://www.fullertonsfuture.org/2010/craig-hunter-the-beatings-a-whistleblower-and-the-cover-up/

Steve Nolan is thoroughly DISCREDITED. And so is Travis Kiger.

http://orangejuiceblog.com/2010/01/hit-and-run-rino-steve-nolan-makes-allegations-about-anaheim-deputy-chief-hunter/#more-35617

guntrust
02-10-2010, 5:10 AM
Hunt is unlikely to get the Republican endorsement one way or the other.

Not so sure based on what I've seen and heard. Central Committee members may be interested in saving their seats, or even if incumbent seats are un-saveable, at least saving their reputations so they can still live in this County. There will be a lot of very dedicated American rattlesnakes showing up at the Registrar's office on February 16 in defense of the Constitution. :chris::mad::43:

Doheny
02-10-2010, 7:19 AM
I believe that when Hutchens demoted/fired some of her command staff a while back it was to win favor with the deputies union. There was talk about laying off investigators prior to that. My guess is that if the union backs anyone at all, it will be Hutchens.

SteveH
02-10-2010, 9:22 AM
THe register is saying today that Hutchens approves 90% of CCW applications.

IGOTDIRT4U
02-10-2010, 9:28 AM

Does the article discern between new applications and renewals?

SurferStevo
02-10-2010, 9:40 AM
I just applied for my Nevada, Utah, & Florida CCW. Do you think Queen Hutchens will see that & approve me? Will that help me in my goal to CCW in Orange County?

SteveH
02-10-2010, 9:40 AM

If anyone know Hunter could they tell him to get a gym membership. Seriously, I am reluctant to vote for a fat guy for Sheriff.

SteveH
02-10-2010, 9:42 AM
I believe that when Hutchens demoted/fired some of her command staff a while back it was to win favor with the deputies union. There was talk about laying off investigators prior to that. My guess is that if the union backs anyone at all, it will be Hutchens.

I don't see thats happening. Cops don't like change. Hutchens has been a change agent. Hunt is someone they know, trust and respect. Hunt will get their endorsement and it will have nothing to do with layoffs or pensions.

IGOTDIRT4U
02-10-2010, 10:00 AM
I just applied for my Nevada, Utah, & Florida CCW. Do you think Queen Hutchens will see that & approve me? Will that help me in my goal to CCW in Orange County?

No.

gn3hz3ku1*
02-10-2010, 10:10 AM
my company has an office in Irvine.. would this mean i can apply for a ccw for OC even if i do not live here? If so.. when can i meet the candidate to show my support??

IGOTDIRT4U
02-10-2010, 10:20 AM
my company has an office in Irvine.. would this mean i can apply for a ccw for OC even if i do not live here? If so.. when can i meet the candidate to show my support??

I suggest you look up California CCW info on CalCCW.com or the CCW forum on this site.

Short answer, no. In general, CCW's are issued by your county of residence.

RomanDad
02-10-2010, 11:05 AM

Well... The article doesn't mention the "RESTRICTIONS" shes added to the licenses, Or the "Intent to revoke" letters/ revocations without cause, which both Hunter and Hunt have said will go away if they are elected.

As far as Hutchens and CCW, all I can say right now is, she aint done yet....

IGOTDIRT4U
02-10-2010, 11:10 AM
Well... The article doesn't mention the "RESTRICTIONS" shes added to the licenses, Or the "Intent to revoke" letters/ revocations without cause, which both Hunter and Hunt have said will go away if they are elected.

If she is elected, I expect her to use that as a signal that she is unstoppable and that means maybe 50 CCWs left in OC.

RomanDad
02-10-2010, 11:11 AM
If anyone know Hunter could they tell him to get a gym membership. Seriously, I am reluctant to vote for a fat guy for Sheriff.

He could weigh 600 Pounds and wear a prom dress. If he'll issue CCWs to everybody except those who are prohibited due to their criminal past, and fixes the OCSD budget fiasco, I'll vote for him.

RomanDad
02-10-2010, 11:12 AM
If she is elected, I expect her to use that as a signal that she is unstoppable and that means maybe 50 CCWs left in OC.

Yeah.... She has already begun to move those chess pieces around the board. But the good news politically, (bad news for self defense) is, she may not be waiting for the election...

IGOTDIRT4U
02-10-2010, 11:13 AM
:eek:

Doheny
02-10-2010, 11:26 AM

Meaning...

You think things will get worse, or she'll have a epiphany and start approving applications before the election?

IGOTDIRT4U
02-10-2010, 11:35 AM
Meaning...

You think things will get worse, or she'll have a epiphany and start approving applications before the election?

I'll bet dollars to donuts, with me knowing RD, that it is going to get worse, much worse. Soon.

tgun
02-10-2010, 6:15 PM
Steve Nolan is thoroughly DISCREDITED. And so is Travis Kiger.

http://orangejuiceblog.com/2010/01/hit-and-run-rino-steve-nolan-makes-allegations-about-anaheim-deputy-chief-hunter/#more-35617

Says you. Using Pedroza's rant to back up your point doesn't help your case. Pedroza doesn't bother address any of the accusations or discuss the court cases at all.

Furthermore, I suppose that the judge and jury who awarded Nolan $340,000 on taxpayers' behalf are DISCREDITED also?

gn3hz3ku1*
02-11-2010, 9:09 AM
I suggest you look up California CCW info on CalCCW.com or the CCW forum on this site.

hmm i recall somewhere that i read on one of the ccw forums you can apply for the county of employment also. oh wells i must be wrong

Merle
02-11-2010, 9:17 AM

I don't think they ever clearly defined "residence". A hotel room, a temporary sleep over, etc. all qualifies as residence. Just make sure your residence is long enough to meet the time constraints and get you through the background check.

RomanDad
02-11-2010, 9:18 AM
I don't think they ever clearly defined "residence". A hotel room, a temporary sleep over, etc. all qualifies as residence. Just make sure your residence is long enough to meet the time constraints and get you through the background check.

This is REALLY BAD ADVICE.... If the issuing authority investigates, (and MANY DO) you can be charged with a crime just for lying on a CCW application. And since the sole reason to get a CCW is so that you can CARRY AND NOT BREAK THE LAW, Breaking the law to get one makes NO SENSE WHATSOEVER.

12051 (b)

(b) Any person who files an application required by subdivision
(a) knowing that statements contained therein are false is guilty of
a misdemeanor.

12050 (f) (4) (A)
The licensee shall notify the licensing authority in
writing within 10 days of any change in the licensee's place of
residence.

12050 (f) (4) (B)
If the license is one to carry concealed a pistol, revolver,
or other firearm capable of being concealed upon the person, then it
may not be revoked solely because the licensee changes his or her
place of residence to another county if the licensee has not breached
any conditions or restrictions set forth in the license or has not
fallen into a prohibited class described in Section 12021 or 12021.1
of this code or Section 8100 or 8103 of the Welfare and Institutions
Code. However, any license issued pursuant to subparagraph (A) or
(B) of paragraph (1) of subdivision (a) shall expire 90 days after
the licensee moves from the county of issuance if the licensee's
place of residence was the basis for issuance of the license

hmm i recall somewhere that i read on one of the ccw forums you can apply for the county of employment also. oh wells i must be wrong

You can.... However its only valid for 90 days, and its not valid state wide. Plus your residence LEO has to agree. So its fairly pointless.

12050 (a) (2) (A) (ii)

(ii) If the licensee's place of employment or business was the
basis for issuance of the license pursuant to subparagraph (A) of
paragraph (1), the license is valid for any period of time not to
exceed 90 days from the date of the license. The license shall be
valid only in the county in which the license was originally issued.
The licensee shall give a copy of this license to the licensing
authority of the city, county, or city and county in which he or she
resides. The licensing authority that originally issued the license
shall inform the licensee verbally and in writing in at least
16-point type of this obligation to give a copy of the license to the
licensing authority of the city, county, or city and county of
residence. Any application to renew or extend the validity of, or
reissue, the license may be granted only upon the concurrence of the
licensing authority that originally issued the license and the
licensing authority of the city, county, or city and county in which
the licensee resides.

gn3hz3ku1*
02-11-2010, 9:26 AM
thanks!

IGOTDIRT4U
02-11-2010, 11:56 AM

Note I said in general.

Your employment can be a determining factor, but those CCW's are usually only in the course of employment (restricted) and good for 90 days at a time. (again, generally) But, even then, it is county by county if these are even ever given out.

On Edit:

RD provided the more detailed version/explanation.