PDA

View Full Version : Opinion on ammo

jojo760
01-02-2006, 3:53 PM
Does anyone have any experience or opinions on Hornady's new TAP ammunition in .223 or .308?

Ironballs
01-02-2006, 4:05 PM
i am a fan of it, thats pretty much all i put through my styer scout, and its the good stuff i will reach for when i want better than milsurp on my new socom16

BigAL
01-02-2006, 4:18 PM
Their TAP 75 grain .223 is excellent self defense stuff. However, Black Hills 75 grain (they use the same hornady bullet) is just as good and can be found cheaper.

CaliTheKid
01-02-2006, 5:13 PM
I have shot alot of the .308 110gr out of my Socom with good results. Low recoil and good accuracy. Going to give them a try out of my new Tikka when I pick it up. I have not shot anything besides paper with them so can't comment on that but I am taking a box on my next hunting trip if the right sized quarry presents itself I might give it a try. Only thing I'd say to the negative is that on my Socom they leave little "kiss" marks on my ejection port but they come off during cleaning. Other than that I consider it a great urban load.

WRENCHHEAD
01-02-2006, 5:34 PM
I have shot alot of the .308 110gr out of my Socom with good results. Low recoil and good accuracy. Going to give them a try out of my new Tikka when I pick it up. I have not shot anything besides paper with them so can't comment on that but I am taking a box on my next hunting trip if the right sized quarry presents itself I might give it a try. Only thing I'd say to the negative is that on my Socom they leave little "kiss" marks on my ejection port but they come off during cleaning. Other than that I consider it a great urban load.

the little kisses are common to the m14/m1a platform. i've got quite a few on my socom too

CaliTheKid
01-02-2006, 5:46 PM
Thanks for the heads up 'cause I was wondering.

jojo760
01-06-2006, 12:08 PM
Is it possible to show these "little kisses?" Possibly before and after pictures.