PDA

View Full Version : One piece of mechanics over another.

Vectrexer
01-23-2010, 8:37 PM
I was considering today just how pissed off I would be if I was restricted from buying the best video card to upgrade my computers just becasue they could be used to assist in breaking into mobile phone calls.

I feel the same way every time I look in the case and see the "LEO Only" label some some firearms. even more so when I see other firearms cannot sold to Ca residents just becasue they are perceived to be dangerous.

nrakid88
01-23-2010, 9:14 PM
Guns are only the start. If we let them concur us here, they can tramp all over us anywhere else, how the hell would we stop them?

cdtx2001
01-24-2010, 7:27 AM
I was considering today just how pissed off I would be if I was restricted from buying the best video card to upgrade my computers just becasue they could be used to assist in breaking into mobile phone calls.

I feel the same way every time I look in the case and see the "LEO Only" label some some firearms. even more so when I see other firearms cannot sold to Ca residents just becasue they are perceived to be dangerous.

I remember seeing a gold plated looking Desert Eagle in 44mag that was marked "LEO Only" and thought to myself, only someone with some real issues would buy that let alone some LEO that would even consider carrying that.

psssniper
01-24-2010, 7:41 AM
I concur..........

loather
01-24-2010, 11:35 AM
I remember seeing a gold plated looking Desert Eagle in 44mag that was marked "LEO Only" and thought to myself, only someone with some real issues would buy that let alone some LEO that would even consider carrying that.

While the Desert Eagle Mk. XIX by virtue of weight alone (~5 lbs unloaded) is simply impractical for carry (or really anything other than a range piece), you have to admit that there's something cool about an autoloading .44 Magnum handgun that can be easily converted to .50 caliber. Now, I'm not normally one to go for gold-plated anything, but if I had a ton of disposable income (I don't) and were to blow a bunch of money on an over-the-top show-off pistol, *this* would be the one to get. However, for the price they're probably asking, I'm sure I could get several more useful guns.

That said, the .44 Magnum Mark XIX is in fact rostered in CA. It might be the fact that it's gold-plated that makes it "unsafe."

Anothercoilgun
01-24-2010, 4:26 PM
This no Cali and LEO only is a blatant bill of attainder.