PDA

View Full Version : Order guns through Wal-mart?

OptionX3
01-01-2006, 5:14 PM
Has anyone ordered any rifles using walmart? It saids to just print it out and order instores.

here's an example...

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=2685438

-TIA

Prospector
01-01-2006, 5:20 PM
Walmart suspended all firearm sales in CA.

Charliegone
01-01-2006, 6:40 PM
It was because wal-mart employees weren't doing the transactions the right way right?

triaged
01-01-2006, 8:19 PM
Any word on when they will be able to sell again?

TonyM
01-01-2006, 8:28 PM
Any word on when they will be able to sell again?

Everything I've read says they could today, but choose not to.

No sweat for me, I won't enter that store unless the sky is falling. I've gone into a few different ones in the Ba Area a handful of times. Makes me feel like I'm in a 3rd world war zone, crap all over the place, aisles with stuff all over the floor and people that haven't showered in God knows how long rushing by you.

The only Walmart I've been to and would go to again is the one in Arizona by where my Wife's parents live. It was actually decent. The ones in the Bay Area NASTY.

Gnote
01-01-2006, 8:28 PM
It's been a while and to be quite honest, I don't think they will sell again. Too bad for us, I think they had really good prices on shotguns.

blacklisted
01-01-2006, 8:34 PM
Everything I've read says they could today, but choose not to.

No sweat for me, I won't enter that store unless the sky is falling. I've gone into a few different ones in the Ba Area a handful of times. Makes me feel like I'm in a 3rd world war zone, crap all over the place, aisles with stuff all over the floor and people that haven't showered in God knows how long rushing by you.

The only Walmart I've been to and would go to again is the one in Arizona by where my Wife's parents live. It was actually decent. The ones in the Bay Area NASTY.

That has been the experience I had in the two I visited in the bay area. Once someone bumped into me (very common there with the crowding) and they had strange sores all over their face. It was freaky!

capitol
01-01-2006, 8:36 PM
Walmart will not sell guns in Nazifornia ever again and I dont blame them.

morepoop4u
01-01-2006, 9:09 PM
That has been the experience I had in the two I visited in the bay area. Once someone bumped into me (very common there with the crowding) and they had strange sores all over their face. It was freaky!

That was you, I should have said hi to a fellow calguns member:D

wilit
01-01-2006, 9:36 PM
I used to work at Wal-Mart in the sporting goods department 10 years ago when they were able to sell guns in CA. Training was horrible. I know for a fact I f'd up one DROS, but luckily the guy never came back for the rifle (I still remember it was a Savage 7mm-Rem Mag). I wasn't surprised they got busted. That's what happens when you pay people $5.50/hr and expect $20/hr type of service.

Gnote
01-02-2006, 8:15 AM
I used to work at Wal-Mart...

Did they at least give you an employee discount on the firearms and ammo they sell?

Charliegone
01-02-2006, 2:36 PM
Hell, when I used to work for jack and the crack, I only got free sodas.:mad: Good thing it was only 2 months, bad thing I gained a couple pounds!:mad: Learn from me.. NEVER work at fast food restuarant!!! (oh well I was only 18 but, still..)Don't do it!!

wilit
01-02-2006, 7:58 PM
Did they at least give you an employee discount on the firearms and ammo they sell?

Yes, but the employee discount is only 10%. So basically thanks to the 8.25% tax, you'd get whatever tax free. :rolleyes: Big deal. They did get in a bunch of mini-14's when I was working there, and seriously contemplated picking one up, but at $6/hr, I couldn't really afford it at the time. :(

Roboshred
01-02-2006, 8:23 PM
I wasn't surprised they got busted. That's what happens when you pay people $5.50/hr and expect $20/hr type of service.
Frankly, they paid you what you agreed to work for. Your level of service should have been the best you could possibly have given since you accepted the job
at the rate they offered. NO flame intended but this is a capitalist system with great rewards for those who seek them. Iv'e always contended that if the Govt. can run a Major chain out they will have no problem eliminating the guy down the street. RB

Crazed_SS
01-02-2006, 9:28 PM
Wal-Mart did suck at selling guns.

I remember my friend bought a Remington 710 from there years ago. We went to pick up the rifle after 10 days and we got into an argument because the $5/hr moron insisted that the waiting period was "10 business days"

We were like "UMM NO.." .. finally the manager comes out and asks "Are you guys sure it's just 10 days" .. and we tell him yes and they finally released the gun..

Terrible experience.

Gnote
01-03-2006, 5:12 AM
Yes, but the employee discount is only 10%. So basically thanks to the 8.25% tax, you'd get whatever tax free. :rolleyes: Big deal. They did get in a bunch of mini-14's when I was working there, and seriously contemplated picking one up, but at $6/hr, I couldn't really afford it at the time. :(

That sucks. It sounds like Walmart really screws their employees over. I used to work in retail and remember getting 20 percent for my employee discounts.

zefflyn
01-03-2006, 8:47 PM
That sucks. It sounds like Walmart really screws their employees over. I used to work in retail and remember getting 20 percent for my employee discounts.

Walmart might not even have that much margin.

glock_this
01-03-2006, 8:59 PM
That sucks. It sounds like Walmart really screws their employees over.

you should do some Google searches on Walmart (or watch the news) - it is one of the worst, anti-american-worker, illegal-hiring, low-wage-paying, government-law-skirting, benefit-dodging, terrible-work-envornment-having, dirty, come-into-your-neighborhood-whether-you-like-it-or-not-by-buying-off-city-council-members-even-if-the-public-votes-NO, overly-sized-big-box-store you can imagine.

F*** Walmart! :mad:

wilit
01-03-2006, 9:08 PM
Frankly, they paid you what you agreed to work for. Your level of service should have been the best you could possibly have given since you accepted the job
at the rate they offered. NO flame intended but this is a capitalist system with great rewards for those who seek them. Iv'e always contended that if the Govt. can run a Major chain out they will have no problem eliminating the guy down the street. RB

I completely agree with you. I did agree to work for peanuts, but I was fresh out of highschool, and needed a job with flexable hours so I could attend school. I'm a firm believer in capitalism, and that's why Wal-Mart is as huge as they are now.

What I was getting at with the $5.50 worth of service was, there wasn't a great investment of time on Wal-Mart's part to properly train their employees. Selling a fishing license is one thing, but trusting some 18 year-old kid to fill out a DROS correctly after a 15 minute computer based training session is wreckless IMO.

jessegpresley
01-03-2006, 9:53 PM

If you worked at Gucci you'd get 50% off.

glock_this
01-03-2006, 10:02 PM
If you worked at Gucci you'd get 50% off.

well of course, that is becuase Gucci is like 80% over priced and marked up. so, their 50% is equal to Walmarts 10%.

Fjold
01-04-2006, 8:07 AM
My daughter worked for Big 5 Sporting goods and their discount was 5% under the lowest sale price.