PDA

View Full Version : What is required to ship to Cal?

Mad Dog 7
01-23-2010, 6:11 PM
I have a quick question for you guys in California.
I have an individual that wants me to ship a long-gun to his FFL dealer in California.

Can I do this legally? I don't want to break any California Laws that I don't know about. Someone told me that you must have a authorization number before you ship to a FFL,is this true? Someone else said this is FFL to FFL only.

I understand that the FFL Dealer would be responsible for the the for the paperwork on his end to be legal,I just don't want to break the rules by shipping it to him.
What's the guideline for shipment there?

wildhawker
01-23-2010, 6:20 PM
CFLC is for FFL to FFL transfers. http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/cflcoverview.php

Also, no AWs unless the receiving FFL has an AW permit.

rod
01-23-2010, 6:23 PM
Are you a firearm dealer? If so you need that auth number thing from CA DOJ. If it's a private party Xfer, just ship it directly to the FFL. It does not have to come from a FFL. Obviously, the long gun needs to be CA legal before you ship it, and no mags with more than 10 rnds capacity.

69Mach1
01-23-2010, 6:25 PM
I have a quick question for you guys in California.
I have an individual that wants me to ship a long-gun to his FFL dealer in California.

Can I do this legally? I don't want to break any California Laws that I don't know about. Someone told me that you must have a authorization number before you ship to a FFL,is this true? Someone else said this is FFL to FFL only.

I understand that the FFL Dealer would be responsible for the the for the paperwork on his end to be legal,I just don't want to break the rules by shipping it to him.
What's the guideline for shipment there?

Mad Dog, welcome to the forum. Our CFLC is a process to obtain the CA DOJ's authorization number prior to shipping any gun to a CA FFL. It's only for FFL to FFL shipments. If this is a private person sale, you're exempt as long as you don't have your FFL ship it to his FFL. The buyer also has to make sure his FFL will accept from a private party. You must also include a copy of your States' drivers license or State ID.

What type of long gun is it?