PDA

View Full Version : How to be totally in the clear with an AK/AR type rifle?

SVPRApps
01-23-2010, 6:45 AM
Maybe it's just me but when I go into some gun stores here in Sacramento and ask them about the AR15/AK47s, they give me the "death stare" like I just killed somebody. They say "ITS ILLEGAL IN CALIFORNIA"

But then boom, log onto Calguns and I see loads of people with their own AR type rifles built from parts. Are these rifles completely legal? or are there some sort of gray area. Not completely black and white as thought to be.

I'm only asking this should I get stopped by LEO and I have an "evil" rifle in my possession that I lawfully bought DROS/PPT and all. I have no criminal record but I always seem to fit the "description" or I'm a person of interest. The last thing I want happen is my gun to be taken away or me to be arrested/detained for whatever reason. I'm a bit of a young guy so I don't understand all the laws or my rights when it comes to encounters with LEO.

cdtx2001
01-23-2010, 6:51 AM
For AR 15s, use the search button and type in OLL (off list lower). There's a TON of threads and advice pertaining to this.

AR 15s are legal if configured the right way and are not specifically banned by name (Colt, Bushmaster)

BTW, if you're in Sac area, check out Sacramento Black Rifle on Auburn Blvd in Citrus Heights. There's a place that has nothing but AR 15s.

Here's something that might help:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=186405

Read the flowchart.

Whiskey84
01-23-2010, 7:01 AM
I'd also recommend spending some time learning the laws and your rights BEFORE purchasing an AR. This can make ownership much easier and less stressful.

1rubicon
01-23-2010, 7:02 AM
exactly which gun stores are you going to?

sreiter
01-23-2010, 7:17 AM
just guns in sacto sells the center fire carbines you desire (ar-15 "type")

a actual colt or armalite ar-15 trade marked rifle is illegal as its named on a no-no list

B Strong
01-23-2010, 7:27 AM
I'd also recommend spending some time learning the laws and your rights BEFORE purchasing an AR. This can make ownership much easier and less stressful.

Bingo! memorize the flow chart and the original R-R listed AW list.

fairfaxjim
01-23-2010, 7:36 AM

I cannot stress enough how right on this advice is!!! If you ever even think you want to own any firearm in CA, it is ESSENTIAL that YOU do your homework, read the rules and KNOW for YOURSELF where you stand legally at all times.

DO NOT depend on the advice of internet lawyers and mall ninjas when it comes to firearms in CA.

Calguns.net is a GREAT resource for so many things. In your case - based on your op - right now, where to find vendors for what you want, and where to find the knowledge YOU need to legally configure and posess them.

Get informed, get armed, and have fun!

BTW, you may want to have a close look at what causes you to end up in the LE cross hairs. I'm sure you could lower that visibility if you really want to. Most gun charges seem to come along with some other totally non-firearm LE encounter. No matter what firearm you have, it seems that citizens with guns and LEO's are not usually matches made in heaven. Just the facts m'am!

Sinestr
01-23-2010, 7:46 AM
http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/index.php/FAQ

1rubicon
01-23-2010, 7:56 AM
if you cant find one, then go here
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=259347&highlight=spikes

SVPRApps
01-23-2010, 7:02 PM
Well I dont understand the wording of this link. This is regarding maglocks

http://www.parallaxtactical.com/store/solar-tactical-ak-style-series-magazine-lock-198.html

Not approved by the CA DOJ. Do not use magazine locks in conjunction with magazines with large-capacity magazines. Always be familar current and new CA DOJ regulations before installing this lock!

So would that mean its NOT legal to have a maglock? Or if I ever got stopped by LEO they can take away my gun just to investigate it or something.

tombinghamthegreat
01-23-2010, 7:11 PM
Not approved by the CA DOJ. Do not use magazine locks in conjunction with magazines with large-capacity magazines. Always be familar current and new CA DOJ regulations before installing this lock!

http://www.calguns.net/caawid/flowchart.pdf

http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/index.php/Main_Page

These links should answer all of your questions regarding legal OLL between "featureless" and a bullet button AR/AK(and other) style rifles.

Ignore the CA DOJ as they are clearly unqualified to give out legal advise. They will give out bad legal advise such as saying gun+ammo in same container, OLL, AR style pistols, threaded barrels on long guns, or concealing a long gun is illegal which all of these actually are legal. The links provide the penal code and the case law to back it up.

Seesm
01-23-2010, 7:19 PM
Well I dont understand the wording of this link. This is regarding maglocks

http://www.parallaxtactical.com/store/solar-tactical-ak-style-series-magazine-lock-198.html

So would that mean its NOT legal to have a maglock? Or if I ever got stopped by LEO they can take away my gun just to investigate it or something.

The not approved by DOJ deal is they have not officially said "this button is legal" however if you use this button legally which is with a 10 round magazine (not with a std or hi cap mag as Leo calls then) it would be legal by the letter of the law. Nothing is going to stopped a UN-informed LEO from arresting for anything but doing it right will make sure you do get your rifle back.

I have a friend who is a LEO and he thought my LEGALLY configured ar "pattern" rifle was illegal. He thought this because I had a bayonette lug, a pistol grip, a flash hider and a collapsable stock... He thought any ONE of those "features" would land me in jail. But I had a off list lower with a 10 round mag and a bullet button so I am good to go. But I TAUGHT him this... He had to go to work to make sure this was correct info... Some in his office knew this and now he does too... It will get better and it is getting better but not perfect yet.

But without all the evil features I can run my legal std (hi cap) mags because I owned them prior to the hi cap mag ban of 1-1-2000

I may have missed something and that is why you should read and learn more.. We all had to do it and you will feel safer after you know more. Young or not.

btw Tombingthegreat said it best as I typed this little novel... :)

Lone_Gunman
01-23-2010, 7:22 PM
I was in River City Gun Exchange today and they must have had 50 different AR type rifles in there. They also had a FN SCAR if you feel the need to drop over 3000 bones on a semi-auto 5.56.

383green
01-23-2010, 7:27 PM
Not approved by the CA DOJ.

This means exactly what it says. And since the CA DOJ doesn't approve any magazine locks, and magazine locks do not require their approval, it doesn't matter. It's basically just a disclaimer left over from the early days of OLL AR guns.

Do not use magazine locks in conjunction with magazines with large-capacity magazines.

This is not worded very well, but it means that you must not use a magazine lock with a magazine that holds more than 10 rounds. Using a magazine lock modifies the gun so that it cannot accept a detachable magazine. In other words, so that it will instead have a fixed magazine. A centerfire semiautomatic rifle with a fixed magazine which holds more than 10 rounds is considered an assault weapon in CA.

Always be familar current and new CA DOJ regulations before installing this lock!

This is good advice.

So would that mean its NOT legal to have a maglock?

No, it doesn't say that. It is not legal to use a maglock with a magazine that holds more than 10 rounds. You always use a magazine which holds 10 or fewer rounds in a gun with a maglock. You have two choices for CA-legal AR-style or AK-style guns:

1) Use a mag lock such as the bullet button, with a magazine which holds 10 or fewer rounds, and the gun can have other features such as a pistol grip, flash hider, folding stock, etc.

2) Do not have any restricted features such as a pistol grip, flash hider or folding stock, do not use a mag lock, and use detachable magazines of any capacity.

This flow chart is your friend:

http://www.calguns.net/caawid/flowchart.pdf

Or if I ever got stopped by LEO they can take away my gun just to investigate it or something.

Being 100% legal won't keep an ignorant cop from doing that, anyway, so there's no sense in worrying about it.

IrishPirate
01-23-2010, 7:28 PM
lots of good info here....it's always best to go in armed with knowledge because it usually means you the most well armed person in the store....figuratively of course. MOST CA FFL's don't have a clue what the laws really say which is down right unfortunate. Some of them just don't want the hassle of selling the guns because they are afraid that the DOJ is going to come search them all the time or make their lives hell. BY what I gather from most "black rifle" dealers, neither one is true.

However, if you run into a FFL who is ill-informed (kinda like throwing a rock from a boat and hitting water) it's best to remain as polite as possible and leave....then come back with some Calguns literature (the flow chart is great!!!) and tell them you found a great resource for gun owners and FFLs and they should really look into it if they haven't already. Hopefully they'll take a look and get some good info and start spewing forth knowledge to their customers rather than the comedic BS they try to pass off as "the law".

Also, nothing is going to stop an ill-informed LEO from arresting you and taking your rifle. What matters is whether you'll be charged and if you'll get your gun back. follow the flow chart and you'll be fine.

No matter what, just remember to :)smile:) and don't forget that there are plenty of other FFLs who want your money. If your in Sac i really suggest Sacramento Black Rifle. Their fellow Calgunners too!

Good luck!

Cokebottle
01-23-2010, 7:31 PM
Not approved by the CA DOJ.
My thigh holster for my XD9 is not approved by the CA DOJ
My floor mats are not approved by the CA DMV
My crystal radio is not approved by the FCC

Get the idea? ;)

Laws and regulations address what is illegal. They only address what is legal when it is an exception to something that is otherwise illegal:

There is no law that says that you can't run your wipers or headlights 24/7, but there is likewise no law that says that you CAN run your wipers or headlights 24/7.

You must stop when you reach a red light.
You may proceed when safe and make a right turn on red after coming to a complete stop unless a sign prohibits the action.

The legal action is stated in the code because it is an exception to the "shall stop" clause in the code.

Steyr_223
01-23-2010, 8:05 PM
ct90,

Welcome to the Addiction! First an OLL AR, then AK then FAL, then GSG..It never ends!

:)

SVPRApps
01-23-2010, 8:15 PM
ct90,

Welcome to the Addiction! First an OLL AR, then AK then FAL, then GSG..It never ends!

:)

HAHA not quite yet! I'm just looking for an AK. thats it. I'm a Russian fan. (see sig). Looking to get the AK to round up my wishlist. I've been working for a while, I think I deserve to get myself some goodies. One of my friends is a CGer and he got himself a nice Stag Arms AR from here a while back for $1200. Those things are pricey and I don't like the tactical look of ARs. Just me.

Well back on topic. From what I understand looking at the flowchart, a pistol grip means you have to have a maglock. No pistol grip = okay for removable mags. It seems the weapons on the ban list are named by names. So if "A" rifle is on there but "B" manufactures the same type, its not banned.

like say Hawaii-made AKs are banned but Idaho-made AKs are in the clear

SKSer
01-23-2010, 8:26 PM
basically you have to understand that you run the risk as well with an SKS or mini-14 as well. There are plenty of un-informed rookie LEO's that wouldnt hesitate for a second to take those away from you for being "Assault Weapons". What would you do then, how would you prove it to them that its legal? On a far fetched stretch, an LEO could tell you that your grandfathers single shot shotgun in illegal and take it from you. No matter what, in the end you would still have to figure out legally how you are going to get your legal rifle/shotgun back, whether it entails a lawyer, time, money , paper work. the only thing that makes the AR15/AK style rifles any different is you are way more likely to run into an LEO that thinks its Illegal, as you suggested, there are still many gun stores that think they are illegal. A prime example of this is a local gunstore in my area 2 years ago told me they didnt like to deal with SKS's because it was a borderline assault weapon. I said " Big 5 , a mile down the street sells them". That same gunstore now sells Off list AR15 style lowers and complete AR15 style rifles. The biggest thing is knowing WHY your rifle is legal. Its easy to explain why a single shot shotgun is not illegal, a little harder to explain why an SKS, or Mini-14 is legal , and a tad more difficult explaining why an AR15/AK Style rifle is legal. I just helped a buddy of mine put together a 6.8 spc on a M&P 15 lower (I am jealous), and the first thing I did before i sent him on his way with his new beautiful rifle was explain why its legal, how to explain why its legal, and also that he did not own an AR15 if hes questioned by LEO, what he owned was a semi-automatic M&P 15 with a non detachable magazine. In short I say "In California, rifles do not need to be approved by the DOJ, they can only be banned, so since my rifle is not banned by make and model number, and since it has a fixed magazine, it is not banned by the generic definition of an assault rifle." of course with copy of the banned lists and laws in hand. I even keep a copy of the Stag-15 letter in my pistol grip at all times "I LOVE YOU LISA STRANGE" :D.

SVPRApps
01-23-2010, 8:28 PM
basically you have to understand that you run the risk as well with an SKS or mini-14 as well. There are plenty of un-informed rookie LEO's that wouldnt hesitate for a second to take those away from you for being "Assault Weapons". What would you do then, how would you prove it to them that its legal? On a far fetched stretch, an LEO could tell you that your grandfathers single shot shotgun in illegal and take it from you. No matter what, in the end you would still have to figure out legally how you are going to get your legal rifle/shotgun back, whether it entails a lawyer, time, money , paper work. the only thing that makes the AR15/AK style rifles any different is you are way more likely to run into an LEO that thinks its Illegal, as you suggested, there are still many gun stores that think they are illegal. A prime example of this is a local gunstore in my area 2 years ago told me they didnt like to deal with SKS's because it was a borderline assault weapon. I said " Big 5 , a mile down the street sells them". That same gunstore now sells Off list AR15 style lowers and complete AR15 style rifles. The biggest thing is knowing WHY your rifle is legal. Its easy to explain why a single shot shotgun is not illegal, a little harder to explain why an SKS, or Mini-14 is legal , and a tad more difficult explaining why an AR15/AK Style rifle is legal. I just helped a buddy of mine put together a 6.8 spc on a M&P 15 lower (I am jelous), and the first thing I did before i sent him on his way with his new beautiful rifle was explain why its legal, how to explain why its legal, and also that he did not own an AR15 if hes questioned by LEO, what he owned was a semi-automatic M&P 15 with a non detachable magazine. In short I say "In California, rifles do not need to be approved by the DOJ, they can only be banned, so since my rifle is not banned by make and model number, and since it has a fixed magazine, it is not banned by the generic definition of an assault rifle." of course with copy of the banned lists and laws in hand. I even keep a copy of the Stag-15 letter in my pistol grip at all times :D.

This!

The bolded is absolutely CORRECT. I'm just looking for a STYLE of rifle. I know the actual/authentic version of these rifles are illegal....but imitating a look isn't illegal. (or am i wrong)

Thanks a lot for the help guys. Very useful info here.

tombinghamthegreat
01-23-2010, 8:39 PM
This!

The bolded is absolutely CORRECT. I'm just looking for a STYLE of rifle. I know the actual/authentic version of these rifles are illegal....but imitating a look isn't illegal. (or am i wrong)

Thanks a lot for the help guys. Very useful info here.

If you are looking for an AK look into a RAA saiga. They are cheap, reliable, popular and a true AK(just with a different name and a slightly different look). They sell for around 300 and one could spend an extra 50-100 dollars to make it look like an AK with a monster grip or keep with the old school look.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=156400
here is mine...i kept with the different look but it functions the same as any other AK

btw Tombingthegreat said it best as I typed this little novel... :)
Sorry about that...:)

SKSer
01-23-2010, 8:48 PM
HAHA not quite yet! I'm just looking for an AK. thats it. I'm a Russian fan. (see sig). Looking to get the AK to round up my wishlist. I've been working for a while, I think I deserve to get myself some goodies. One of my friends is a CGer and he got himself a nice Stag Arms AR from here a while back for $1200. Those things are pricey and I don't like the tactical look of ARs. Just me.

Well back on topic. From what I understand looking at the flowchart, a pistol grip means you have to have a maglock. No pistol grip = okay for removable mags. It seems the weapons on the ban list are named by names. So if "A" rifle is on there but "B" manufactures the same type, its not banned.

like say Hawaii-made AKs are banned but Idaho-made AKs are in the clear

Id even say AK style rifles have a little more prejudice towards them, just cause the AR is "AMERICAS RIFLE" and the AK is the "weapon of the terrorists". Even when I go out shooting and I pull out the Rommy build, everyone is like "OOOOHHHH", I think they are going to start spouting the "Lord of War" intro. The first thing I tell them, "this rifle is so damn inaccurate, If im ever shot at, I hope its with this thing". You also always get the question "is it full auto ?" Ive been asked that so many times I want to etch in the stock a big "ITS NOT FULL AUTO" sign. But yea basically fully understand why its legal, take the Pistol grip off or get a Radd-lock use a 10 rounder, keep copies of all relevent laws, and try and stay under the radar when you shoot it. I say stay under the radar not because your doing anything Illegal but just so you can try to avoid uneccessary hastle, or an LEO that will absolutely not listen to your explanation and proof that it is legal and decides to try and take it anyway.

SKSer
01-23-2010, 8:56 PM
If you are looking for an AK look into a RAA saiga. They are cheap, reliable, popular and a true AK(just with a different name and a slightly different look). They sell for around 300 and one could spend an extra 50-100 dollars to make it look like an AK with a monster grip or keep with the old school look.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=156400
here is mine...i kept with the different look but it functions the same as any other AK

Sorry about that...:)

I second on the saiga its basically an AK that doesnt look so terroristy

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/storeproduct782.aspx

but if you want the real look, (turbin and dirty beard not included)

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/storeproduct830.aspx

heres a pic of mine page 5 post #45, she looks like she fell off the back of a truck in afghanistan, I made my own little homemade radd-lock that looks like total crap to fix the mag so I could use the pistol grip, it does feel alot better with the pistol grip. I do still need to put a finish on her, but she sure as hell goes bang every time. there is a little range report on the last post on page 6 if you are curious about the accuracy, me shooting with iron sights.
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=234853&page=5

ChuckBooty
01-23-2010, 9:15 PM
ct90...you're doing EXACTLY what you should be doing before buying an AR/AK-style rifle. Research, research, research! This site (members and published literature) are what's going to get you confident enough to own one of these.

First you should read the flowchart. And READ it! Every single (seemingly boring) word. Then look up the corresponding penal codes that go along with the flowchart....right on the DOJ's own website! Take yourself a month until you are confident enough to correct the un-knowing gun show goofball. Once you can debate the subject (and win) without going...uh...um...well I think we can.... Then you know you're ready. Grasshoper.

SVPRApps
01-27-2010, 6:29 AM
I didnt want to make a new thread cluttering the forum, but how do you go about explaining yourself that your 10/30 mag only accepts 10 bullets? is it marked somewhere "10 rounds only"

or will i have to carry 11-12 bullets on me at all times just to show "look it only takes 10 rounds"

WokMaster1
01-27-2010, 8:59 AM
Look for the Sacramento PD memo on OLL. That's all you need. It basically addresses the PD officers about the legality of OLLs.

SVPRApps
01-27-2010, 9:11 AM
Look for the Sacramento PD memo on OLL. That's all you need. It basically addresses the PD officers about the legality of OLLs.

I already have it saved/printed out ;)

I will carry it in a protective sleeve in a folder on me at all times. Also receipts of my purchase/dros/ppt

Fastattack
01-27-2010, 9:24 AM
Well, back to the point - CT90 shares a similar experience I've had here in So. Cal. I go into my local gun shop and ask about AR's or OLL's. They don't want to touch them. Maybe they are afraid of being harassed by Big Brother (that's my theory). I'm told by the guys behind the counter that if AR style rifles were so legal why don't I see all the gun stores selling them? Is it worth potentially losing their business over?
BTW - It's because of this great forum that I built my first Calif. legal M4 over Christmas and love it. I admit, when I went to the range I found myself looking over my shoulder. I am not looking forward to potential harassment by LEO's. And yes, I do carry all the backup paperwork showing how legal it is. It doesn't mean a LEO having a bad day won't want to have a little 'fun' with me.

Cokebottle
01-27-2010, 10:41 AM
I didnt want to make a new thread cluttering the forum, but how do you go about explaining yourself that your 10/30 mag only accepts 10 bullets? is it marked somewhere "10 rounds only"

or will i have to carry 11-12 bullets on me at all times just to show "look it only takes 10 rounds"
The burden of proof is on the state.
YOU don't have to prove anything.
Your statement to the officer is (either nothing or) the magazine is blocked to limit it's capacity to 10 rounds.

But... even having a 30 round magazine is not illegal. Constructive possession does not apply to assault weapons. As long as the 30rd magazine is not installed in the fixed-magazine rifle, there is no violation.

SKSer
01-27-2010, 6:33 PM
Well, back to the point - CT90 shares a similar experience I've had here in So. Cal. I go into my local gun shop and ask about AR's or OLL's. They don't want to touch them. Maybe they are afraid of being harassed by Big Brother (that's my theory). I'm told by the guys behind the counter that if AR style rifles were so legal why don't I see all the gun stores selling them? Is it worth potentially losing their business over?
BTW - It's because of this great forum that I built my first Calif. legal M4 over Christmas and love it. I admit, when I went to the range I found myself looking over my shoulder. I am not looking forward to potential harassment by LEO's. And yes, I do carry all the backup paperwork showing how legal it is. It doesn't mean a LEO having a bad day won't want to have a little 'fun' with me.

Go to High Desert storm in East Palmdale off of Q, they carry OLL's. http://www.merchantcircle.com/business/High.Desert.Storm.Sporting.Arms.661-265-0101 Ive been working on Ron and Jeff in the GunStore on Sierra Hwy, they are still afraid to touch them, I even gave Jeff a copy of the Stag-15 letter. The best thing I heard Ron say to me one time was " I used to carry the FAB-10 lowers and then one day people just stopped buying them" I guarantee you that was the day people started buying OLL's. They are good guys none the less, and I think eventually they will turn, it is just that it is their family business and I think that they are worried about any trouble, I can respect that. On the other hand, the panzy that runs Santa Fe Gun Galeria also off of Sierra Hwy is a little fat Pe**s and is full of FUD. I could really care less if he carried OLL's or not, I cant wait till he finally goes out of buisiness.

Fastattack
01-30-2010, 11:20 AM
SKSer, I'm not mentioning any stores. Ron and Jeff at The Gun Shop are great. It's my favorite shop up here. Ron is the real deal. Full of knowledge without any condescending attitude. Desert Storm is OK, less inventory than Ron and I get tired of DW. As for the little troll at Santa Fe? Enough said.
My main point was that the ARs are not main-stream yet and there is a reason for that.

tombinghamthegreat
01-30-2010, 2:08 PM
My main point was that the ARs are not main-stream yet and there is a reason for that.

That actually is not true. There are a lot of AR/AK style rifles in CA.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=214851

SKSer
01-30-2010, 2:26 PM
SKSer, I'm not mentioning any stores. Ron and Jeff at The Gun Shop are great. It's my favorite shop up here. Ron is the real deal. Full of knowledge without any condescending attitude. Desert Storm is OK, less inventory than Ron and I get tired of DW. As for the little troll at Santa Fe? Enough said.

Oh sorry bud, I thought you didnt know of any local stores that carried OLL's. Not to long ago up here there wasnt really any. When I got my OLL like 2 years ago, The Gun Store, Desert Storm, or the troll wouldnt touch them. The only local store that would was Karls hardware in Rosamond, and maaan were they over priced, I got quoted like $300+ out the door for a stripped lower. I had to make the drive to Bakersfield twice to get my OLL, it sucked but I saved over 100 bucks doing it. As far a Ron and Jeff, I agree, they are great guys, Ron is a walking firearm encyclopedia, and he knows gobs of info about re-loading as well. He also used to be a teacher, so that is why he is so patient, and likes to help people. Like I said, I think one day they will touch OLL's, when it is more accepted, but as for right now, that store is Ron's bread and butter, so I cant blame him for being in fear of losing his business. The AR's are actually getting pretty main stream California wide, just not in our little nook. I went into second ammendment sports in Bakersfield and my jaw almost dropped, that place is awesome AR's all up and down the walls, a few AK's, all with BB's and Raddlocks. I asked the guy behind the counter there how the LEO's feel about AR/AK's and he said they come in all the time and are fully aware of the laws. I stopped into Oak Tree in Santa Clarita the other day, there are plenty of LEO's that shoot there, and I saw a couple of guys shooting AR's, and they also have a few for sale in their pro shop. Ive given Jeff from The Gun Store, the Calguns website address a couple times, and constantly bring it up to him, but im unsure if he has ever actually checked us out before, I would love for him to join up.

Fastattack
01-31-2010, 2:58 PM
I guess I don't get out much so I'll take your word for it and that's good news.
I have seen what they have in Oak Tree and up in Rosamond. Desert Storm is relatively new to the OLLs and I noticed they are also carrying lower parts kits to boot!

That still leaves the bigger stores - Turner's, BassPro and the like. Turner's has been selling several AR style 22s but I haven't seen the 223s yet and I don't recall seeing anything in BassPro.

tombinghamthegreat
01-31-2010, 7:34 PM
That still leaves the bigger stores - Turner's, BassPro and the like. Turner's has been selling several AR style 22s but I haven't seen the 223s yet and I don't recall seeing anything in BassPro.

Turners just announced it will be stocking OLLs soon. There is a bit of controversy with them using prince 50 over bbs.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=262293

RideIcon
02-01-2010, 12:11 AM
Move out of cali?!?!