PDA

View Full Version : Front page pictures :)

Turbinator
12-31-2005, 3:59 AM
Hey! My long time M4 picture is gone! :) I guess it was time to change it to something else. Can we have it so that the front page picture is random? Or are we going to have another photo contest? :)

Turby

TonyM
12-31-2005, 4:29 PM
Hey! My long time M4 picture is gone! :) I guess it was time to change it to something else. Can we have it so that the front page picture is random? Or are we going to have another photo contest? :)

Turby

It caused too many questions about what it was, so it's outta here.

:D ;)

Turbinator
12-31-2005, 8:48 PM
Aww!! Gee, thanks.. :)

Turby

RRangel
01-01-2006, 3:04 PM
It's been a little difficult to keep a schedule for the pics. For now I'll try to do updates when I can.

artherd
01-20-2006, 9:19 PM
I've got a random image generator script or three if you want Ramon.

RRangel
01-21-2006, 3:14 PM
It's ok. I'm trying not to be so random, but it probably appears that way.
The pic has been updated.

Turbinator
01-21-2006, 4:19 PM
So how does this work - I reloaded the page 10 times and the same Barrett muzzle brake was there. Not that I mind, but I'm curious how random is random? Daily basis? Each reload?

Turby

RRangel
01-21-2006, 4:32 PM
So how does this work - I reloaded the page 10 times and the same Barrett muzzle brake was there. Not that I mind, but I'm curious how random is random? Daily basis? Each reload?

Turby

That's because a script like artherd mentioned is not currently being used.

Gnote
01-21-2006, 8:02 PM
If you ever run out of pictures, you should hold a contest to let others with some picture taking skills (which will definitely not include me) to compete for a wonderful chance at getting their firearm or part on the intro page.

brainbugnj
01-21-2006, 8:22 PM
If you ever run out of pictures, you should hold a contest to let others with some picture taking skills (which will definitely not include me) to compete for a wonderful chance at getting their firearm or part on the intro page.
yes - lets do that, it would be fun here are a couple I took today :)

http://steveturner.is-a-geek.com:8000/steveturner/gallery/albums/Miscellaneous/Guns/normal_KU8C5873.jpg
http://steveturner.is-a-geek.com:8000/steveturner/gallery/albums/Miscellaneous/Guns/normal_KU8C5909.jpg

PanzerAce
01-21-2006, 8:32 PM
hmmmm. While I like the Idea of a random picture when I come here, I think it should be not completely random. IE: since everybody is obsessed with lowers right now. have pictures of lowers or built up CA-legals.

Oh, and Brain, add 4 rounds will you, its a 10 round mag for a reason :D

Turbinator
01-22-2006, 5:50 PM
yes - lets do that, it would be fun here are a couple I took today :)

Wow, looks good. Looks like you also have set up your own lightbox, eh?

Turby

brainbugnj
01-22-2006, 8:25 PM
Yah - actually one of those amvona.com light houses with a flood from the back and a light box from the front.... that lens sucks though, I ordered a 100MM macro lens today now that I have begun taking these types of shots.... also for my wifes business (stationary)...

shopkeep
01-23-2006, 12:02 PM
In light of everything that's going on maybe the front picture should be a Stag or a Fulton lower :D!

Turbinator
01-28-2006, 7:13 PM
In light of everything that's going on maybe the front picture should be a Stag or a Fulton lower :D!

I am happy to donate a picture of a Fulton!!

http://usera.imagecave.com/Turbinator/fulton/test0029b.jpg

Turby

Gnote
01-30-2006, 7:44 PM
Would you give that thing a CLP bath already? :D Make it look nice and clean if you let it soak in CLP for a day or two.

I am happy to donate a picture of a Fulton!!

http://usera.imagecave.com/Turbinator/fulton/test0029b.jpg

Turby

Turbinator
01-31-2006, 1:43 PM
Would you give that thing a CLP bath already? :D Make it look nice and clean if you let it soak in CLP for a day or two.

Geez.. fine, fine.. :)

Turby

Turbinator
01-31-2006, 1:44 PM
Yah - actually one of those amvona.com light houses with a flood from the back and a light box from the front.... that lens sucks though, I ordered a 100MM macro lens today now that I have begun taking these types of shots.... also for my wifes business (stationary)...

What's your camera gear?

Turby