PDA

View Full Version : Guns not on the list can you buy/sell ?

stockranger
01-21-2010, 11:18 PM
I'm wondering how the guns not on the list work. Can you not buy or sell any gun not on the list even if its used?

Basicaly what i'm getting at is I really want a T/C encore .410/45 pistol. Is there any way I can legaly get one in CA? Maybe buy from a California who purchased before the ban or moved her from out of state? Can I get one off gunbroker used? I thought maybe it only applies to new guns I really just have no clue...

thanks in advance.

aplinker
01-21-2010, 11:34 PM
Private party transfers are exempt from the certification list.

These are transactions where the buyer and seller meet, in person, at the FFL to conduct the transfer.

They're also exempt from the 1-in-30-days limit and the bane of my bank account. ;)

stockranger
01-21-2010, 11:36 PM
Now I just have to find someone with this gun! not too common around here. Very popular back east with serious rabbit hunters. Not too many folks run beagles in CA besides me and mojave beagles.

aplinker
01-21-2010, 11:59 PM
ahhh wait

This is a no-go

The .410 pistol would be a short barreled shotgun in CA. Not good.

RP1911
01-22-2010, 12:05 AM
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=249751

stockranger
01-22-2010, 12:40 AM
are you sure? I would think its ok as long as its registered to you as a pistol not a rifle or shotgun. You can buy a T/C pistol and turn it into a long gun. You cannot buy a long gun and turn it into a pistol? Thats how it works in other states.

lorax3
01-22-2010, 12:46 AM
are you sure?

Unfortunately California has its own definition of short-barreled shotgun. It is different from the federal definition.

(1) As used in this section, a "short-barreled shotgun" means
any of the following:
(A) A firearm which is designed or redesigned to fire a fixed
shotgun shell and having a barrel or barrels of less than 18 inches
in length.
(B) A firearm which has an overall length of less than 26 inches
and which is designed or redesigned to fire a fixed shotgun shell.

According to TC website (http://www.tcarms.com/firearms/encorePistols.php) NOTE: .45/.410 Barrels NOT for sale in California. Even possession of a TC in 308 and a separate 410 barrel you would still have an SBS on a CA level.

I am glad TC is aware of this, or at least so it seems.

stockranger
01-22-2010, 12:51 AM
oh yeah I read that link. I HATE THIS STATE. First I can't fire lead where I hunt coyote and that lead free garbage is so expensive and has crappy performance.

Then they make online ammo sales illegal. Dang It I have to order a bunch of 22lr and 17 hm2 ammo before its too late. I basicaly only shoot stuff you can't buy in local shops.

And I can't own one of the very best rabbit guns ever made, the TC .410 pistol.

They ruined some guns with hose stupid internal locks!

Thank god I'm saving to get out of this state. Oregon is much better atleast for now but the hippes are taking over. You can not only buy a TC 410 pistol you can walk out with it the same day drive up the road and go slaughter some bunnies 12 months a year!Sucks cuz i have to wait atleast 1 year after moving there till I can legaly buy firearms.