View Full Version : The stars are aligning

01-21-2010, 4:07 PM
Excellent news for the NRA today in the Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission case. McCain-Feingold "campaign finance reform", which is basically a violation of free speech backed by the likes of George Soros and his 527 groups, is dead in the water as it pertains to organizations such as NRA. The NRA may now proceed to expose the gun banners during election time.

Anthony M. Kennedy put it (partially quoting from an earlier ruling): “Corporations and other associations, like individuals, contribute to the ‘discussion, debate, and the dissemination of information and ideas’ that the First Amendment seeks to foster.”

President Obama swiftly blasted the court's decision, calling on Congress to devise a "forceful response" as quickly as possible.

"The Supreme Court has given a green light to a new stampede of special interest money in our politics," Obama said in a statement. "It is a major victory for big oil, Wall Street banks, health insurance companies and the other powerful interests that marshal their power every day in Washington to drown out the voices of everyday Americans."

These comments are no surprise coming from the former Joyce Foundation Chairman. Next up is incorporation of the Second Amendment.

01-21-2010, 4:18 PM
Obama and his cronies must really be saying, "What happened this week!"

01-21-2010, 4:28 PM
This is exciting news, if it's as sweeping as the news media is making it out to be. If nothing else it shows the current court is willing to overturn past rulings on basic rights issues. This really is cranking up my expectations for the incorporation ruling. Maybe we need to bring some more cases on other gun issues given the bent of this current court.

I want my full auto(and the money printer to help pay for the ammo)!

01-21-2010, 4:48 PM
What are THEY complaining about !!! These elections cost BILLIONS of dollars now. It's a completely corrupt system, why not let everyone play fair!

01-21-2010, 4:59 PM
And the libs begin to whine....................like little school kids

01-21-2010, 5:30 PM
What's moronic is that it's only "special interests" when it's not union or George Soros money.

01-21-2010, 5:34 PM
This is being discussed over in Off Topic here (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=261589).

01-21-2010, 9:10 PM
This is being discussed over in Off Topic here (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=261589).

Yes, but my post is for addressing the NRA angle.