PDA

View Full Version : Tell the Brady's the truth

radioman
01-20-2010, 8:29 PM
http://www.bradycampaign.org/chapters/CA/

this will give you the email address for all chapters in California, tell them how a gun saved someone, or how the lack of a gun harmed someone. crap them out invite them to an oc event, ask them to see a gun show. let's show them the facts. tell them about your sister who is anti gun, and on her way home from work late one night was raped and is now dieing from aids, if only she had a gun!

ILVSMOG
01-20-2010, 8:34 PM
Who needs the truth when you have an agenda. :banghead:

radioman
01-20-2010, 8:41 PM
that's just the point, their agenda is out of fear, scare the hell out of them, walking the streets without a gun is akin to driving without a seat belt.

Window_Seat
01-20-2010, 8:47 PM
Why would anyone want to bother with such an effort when they tell victims to allow the thug to shoot them??....:banghead:

Erik.

radioman
01-20-2010, 8:54 PM
you can turn people around, remember they have weak minds, like the borg.

kcbrown
01-20-2010, 9:14 PM
Why would anyone want to bother with such an effort when they tell victims to allow the thug to shoot them??....:banghead:

Erik.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if they did indeed say something like that, but I'd love to see where they said that. It sounds far too juicy to pass up...

radioman
01-20-2010, 9:22 PM
I may be out of my mind to post this thread, but if you can crap out a fool you can turn the fool around, they must be mushrooms, they are kept in the dark and fed bull s**t.

rromeo
01-20-2010, 9:27 PM
Who needs the truth when you have an agenda. :banghead:

Brady Bunch can't handle the truth!

radioman
01-20-2010, 9:32 PM

NO they can't, that's what makes it so fun. a mind is a wonderful thing to f#%*

SJ78
01-20-2010, 9:47 PM
Brady want's to blame guns for what happened to her husband . Ever since then she see's them as evil with a mind of their own . I don't think these types can be reasoned with .

ILVSMOG
01-20-2010, 10:37 PM
I don't think these types can be reasoned with.

That's the exact point. There is NO REASON with them. Those of us who respect reason and the rule of law are at an automatic disadvantage when dealing with people like the Brady Campaigners. It is difficult for those of us who are of sound mind to deal with unreasonable and irrational opposition, but we have to recognize that people with an agenda, have no tolerance for FACTS that get in their way!

383green
01-20-2010, 11:15 PM
You can't reason a person out of a position that they didn't reason themselves into.

nick
01-20-2010, 11:25 PM
Look at it this way. If you convert a zealot to your side, you get a zealot on your side :)

From dealing with more hippies/liberals/other people thinking with emotions than I'd like, I must say that few things are as fickle as emotions. It's hard to convert someone who reasoned his position well (and is a bit stubborn to boot, as many such people tend to be). Converting someone guided by feelings isn't that hard. Give them something they can relate to, and voila, you got zealots on your side :43:

nick
01-20-2010, 11:25 PM
You can't reason a person out of a position that they didn't reason themselves into.

That's why you don't reason with them. Give them something they can relate to. Whatever happened to studying the enemy? At worst, you'll spend some time on studying the enemy.

Carnivore
01-20-2010, 11:37 PM
The enemy is an idiot. No big mystery there but you are not changing their (for lack of a better term) minds. Your time to waste but it is better spent looking at gun sites then email f*(ktards.

nick
01-20-2010, 11:53 PM
The enemy is an idiot. No big mystery there but you are not changing their (for lack of a better term) minds. Your time to waste but it is better spent looking at gun sites then email f*(ktards.

You'd be surprised at how many converts one can get if he knows whom he's dealing with.

For example, to a lot of women a gun is something criminals use to attack and control them with. It's not something rational, not something you can reason with, it just is. When some of them try a gun at the range, they realize that it's something they can control as well. From then on they rationalize that this is actually good for empowering women, etc., but they're just, once again, rationalizing an emotion, that they can control the gun. Happens with power tools a lot, too.

One otherwise quite liberal guy got sold on "one has an obligation to protect his family". Then he just ended up liking to shoot. Of course, once that happened, he came into contact with the very ridiculous gun laws we have... And he's now interested in how he can get rid of most of them, for they're just not reasonable... The same guy who told me that I don't need an AK-47 only a year ago :)

A lot of liberals view the government with the same mistrust we do. Yet another avenue of approach.

There're many other ways. Learning those ways comes from studying your opponent.

The good part is that, unlike the opposition, we don't have to lie in order to bring people over to our side. All we need to do is choose the approach appropriate for the situation.

Face it, most people are not logical. Most people don't reason much. Yet they vote, and unless we want to spend the eternity fighting a losing battle (like we did pre-Heller), we need the majority of the voters. And the majority of the voters doesn't reason much.

GrizzlyGuy
01-21-2010, 5:24 AM
Oaklander is now one of their Facebook friends. Check out what he's been up to (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=261517). :D

Chris M
01-21-2010, 6:23 AM

Maybe not as a group - but individuals seem to be swayed more easily.

I've got several family members and friends that were anti-gun - until I took them to the range.

My MIL was totally against my wife and I hunting and having a gun in our house. This was a couple years ago. Now she wants me to take her on a hunt, and wants to tag along when my wife and I go to the range.

radioman
01-21-2010, 11:27 AM
It's good to see that some of you see my point, I would like to thank Oaklander for his work on face book. one by one we can sway them to see the truth, the lie is that guns are bad, if that were so, then 234 years of our history is a bad lie, I for one know it is not..

B Strong
01-21-2010, 4:32 PM
Never attempt to teach a pig to sing, it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Glock22Fan
01-21-2010, 4:54 PM
you can turn people around, remember they have weak minds, like the borg.

If they have gotten as far as joining a Brady chapter, then they are either infiltrators (like you would be) or they are past hope. There are much easier targets, save your breath for these.

radioman
01-21-2010, 5:55 PM
To all of you who say it can't be done, check this out http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=261517 oaklander is having a blast